1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Mavericks: Has the NBA ever seen a more delusional team?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by okeezie, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You know what I like about Knicks fans? I read what they say about their team, and i feel like they're haters....it's just how they roll.

So for them to be ecstatic...

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

**** Dallas

Who gives a **** about them?

3. thisiscaketown

They're all situational players, but I feel that they complement each other on offense. You may think otherwise, but I think Carlisle can make it work.

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't think the Mavericks are a contender, but they aren't a bad team. Like I've said before, their lack of a bench will hurt them, especially in their hunt for a playoff spot.

4. okeezie

okeezie Member

For the first 2 minutes of every game then never did it the rest of the game. You have to be delusional to think Wes Mathews scoring 11 points a game or whatever he averaged is the reason the Blazers. Aldridge and Lillard. Every time we got a semblance of a lead they hit big time shots to keep the game close. I guess you were visiting the fridge or taking a dump when those things were happening.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

With Carter and (probably) Marion both gone, they're treading water with the Parsons signing. Felton for Calderon represents a step backwards.

Unless Chandler bounces back with a DPoY-caliber season, the Mavs could very easily be worse next year.

6. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Matthews is primarily in their starting rotation because of his defense. I'm just saying it's sad that Harden's defense is so poor that the Blazers would specifically run plays to Matthews. Most teams would force the ball out of Lillard or Aldridge's hands and to a player like Matthews, but with Harden being such a liability, the Rockets didn't have that option. Batum also hit some big shots for the Blazers too. I hate how Harden considers himself the best shooting guard in the game and yet he's such a liability on the court. If he truly were the best anything in the NBA, he would have stepped up and taken the responsibility to shutdown Lillard.

7. Aleron

Matthews numbers were all down on the regular season, significantly so. He and Lopez were the only ones on their team who were actually better against San Antonio. Harden was such a liability, Matthews had a negative offensive win share and a PER under 10. And no Matthews is not on their team for defense.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Harden on Lillard? Are you on crack? We wouldn't win any game in that series. Lillard would have 20 blow by layups after Howard fouls out at in the second quarter.

9. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Isn't Harden supposed to be the best shooting guard in the game? Well, part of that job is stepping up and stopping the other teams best guard...especially if you want to succeed in the playoffs. I guess you need to be on crack to consider Harden the best shooting guard in the game. I get it.

10. Aleron

So that explains why the Clippers can't win. Isn't Blake meant to be the best power forward in the game? Well part of the job is stepping up and stopping Kevin Durant, the other teams best forward....especially if you want to succeed in the playoffs. I guess you need to be on crack to consider Blake the best power forward in the game. I get it.

11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

parsons will never be as valuable as battier in his prime.

12. okeezie

okeezie Member

This right here is your brain on crack. Harden on Lillard? Harden is a SG. Lillard is a PG. How can he not be the best SG because he doesn't guard the other teams all star PG? That makes 0.0%. Enlighten us on who the best SG in the league is Ol' Noble One. We will wait for you ridiculous response.

13. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Blake did guard Durant on occasion in their series last year. But it was CP3 that stepped up to stop Durant to close out critical game 4. Of course he choked away game 5 to make up for it.

14. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Whenever the Lakers faced a team with a potent scoring point guard, Kobe stepped up to take the responsibility to stop him. D-Wade and MJ did the same in the playoffs as well. You don't wear nametags indicating you are a point guard or a shooting guard when you're out on the court. When the other teams best scorer is out there, if you are supposed to be the best player, it's your responsibility to stop him. Harden is the most delusional player in the NBA right now. Not of all time though. Jack Haley is the most delusional player of all time because he's constantly talking about all the rings he has an the work he put in to get them.

15. slestack11

slestack11 Member

When CP3 told Doc Rivers that he wants Durant in the 4th quarter of Game 4 last year, he didn't say to himself, "I'm a point guard and Durant is a small forward so I don't think I can guard him."

16. okeezie

okeezie Member

Did the Clippers Erin this series you keep talking about? Don't think they did. That BS does not matter. And Kobe only guarded the best guard in select moments. Not the whole game. And Chicago had Pippen guard the top perimeter player.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

Answer the question: If Harden is not the best SG, who is?

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This is quite funny.

Us Rocket fans have been piling on the Mavericks this offseason, yet they manage to come out better in the end.

They are going to be good next year. Worry about your own team.

19. okeezie

okeezie Member

No they won't..8-10 seed again.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

?
    Ellis
    Parsons
    Dirk
    Chandler

If there coach(who is very good) can get them to play defense, they will be a playoff team.