1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA.com Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bandwagon, Jul 21, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Leave SPURS alone! He hit his head and thinks this is spurstalk

2. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

Hmmmm. That explains all the rocket fans.

3. rocketsmetalspd

Cuban paid off the pollsters, number 4 :grin:

4. rocketsmetalspd

Like most Spurs fans I know they did not the Spurs existed before 1999. Most just got on the Spurs train when they started to win Chips. Can't wait to see how many Spurs fans are left 3 yrs from now.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This isn't a fair argument. People have written off the spurs many times in the past but the fans have always shown up. Sure, maybe they weren't as popular before their championships but that is a moot point. Similar to the way Houston loves football, the spurs are ingrained into the fabric of the city. People will cheer for them regardless of the record.

6. Lando19

Lando19 Member

I didn't see the lakers on the list, did the voters not realize they got Jeremy lin ?

7. ogh

ogh Member

Maybe that's why the lakers is not on the list? jk..
    :rolleyes:

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That version of "Power Rankings" really made me, momentarily, feel like an absolute deluded homer fan.

But then you go back to ask the effect of Tyson Chandler on New York... you go back to knowing exactly what Chandler Parsons can bring outside of run and gun... and I swear, I get back to seeing them in the 7-10 range again.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well, we do have the best SG and C in the league, and were tied for 5th best record in the league last season.

Mavs lost Calderon, Carter, Marion, Dalembert, Blair, Ellington and Larkin
    Gained Parsons, Chandler, Jefferson, Felton and Lewis.

That seems like a lateral move, plus Dirk, Chandler, Harris, Jefferson, Lewis are all aging, Felton is a negative player. I see them being 7th, 8th seed again.

We haven't finished adding player to our roster either, like another poster said, still have a 8 million TPE, MLE, BAE, 2015 Lottery pick and multiple other assets like Capela, Jones, Motiejunas, Llull, Pap and other future picks.

Mavs roster is set, our's still has plenty of growth left. I think as is were already a clear notch above the mavs, add some more key players and it won't even be a question.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What exactly are we delusional about? So far, you've AGREED with the sentiment that the Mavericks are the fourth best team IN THE LEAGUE, have insinuated that Dwight Howard is NOT the best center in the NBA, James Harden is NOT the best shooting guard in the league, and have provided NO back-up to any of your claims outside of "lol". Like most Spurs fans, when it comes to actually being able to break down the game, and assess a team's roster empirically, you completely lack that ability, don't you? You're just here to troll, and provide very little insight into WHY you feel the way you feel. I actually respect the Spurs, and enjoy how successful they've been, but after having lived in San Antonio for 2 years, I don't extend that same respect to their fans. There is very little basketball IQ that Spurs fans exhibit, and I was hoping you would be different. I was wrong.

11. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

I can go on and on and on, but it's not going to do anything.
    I would just like it to play out in the season already. And some banter is not trolling. I think that's what fans do.

12. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Barring some sort of major injury, there's no way the Mavs are better than us. I look forward to kicking the **** out of them this year. I won't boo Parsons, but if he has a season-ending hair injury, I won't cry for him, either. Enjoy the Dallas strip club STDs you'll collect, pretty boy.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

The Mavs rating is assuming Felton won't be jailed on a weapons charge or there are no fast foods restaurants in Dallas. Fail@

14. jscmedia

Just because you Can write things on the innertubes does Not mean you Should write things on the innertubes.

15. jscmedia

Mavs will be a scoring MACHINE ! 110 a night ! And losing 120-110.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You could, yet when people have asked you repeatedly to do so, you've just replied with "Rockets suck lol". That's not banter. That's trolling, and really bad trolling at that. I'm now probably the tenth person to ask you WHY you think the Mavericks are the 4th best team in the league. If you think it's not going to do anything, why do you keep replying with inane garbage? That's REALLY not going to do anything, and it's obviously annoying as ****. Everybody wants it to play out in the season, but obviously we don't have a fast-forward button, do we? However, we all have educated opinions on what we think is going to happen, and we all WANTED hear yours. Now, I think most people just want you to go away.

1 person likes this.
  17. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

Well I'm staying.

18. AkeemTheDreem86

This will not end well for you.

19. Pete the Cheat

you are assuming Chandler will be healthy more often than Dalembert spent chasing butterflies.

20. brennan713

brennan713 Member

You sound like my nephew when he's pouting.