1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Possum

Possum Member

He's smarter than you! When we are winning in the playoffs next year you should remember you said this and ban yourself from watching the great team Morey put together.

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

This is so we can sign him to a max contract next year after he goes Linsanity on the Lakers again.

Three times a charm :grin:

3. okeezie

okeezie Member

We traded a late 1st round pick to get rid of Lin and got a high 1st round back for Asik. That is a net gain. Quit your b****ing! Jeremy Lin is not the difference between a top 4 seed and missing the playoffs. Unbelievable!

4. reliableman

reliableman Member

Going back to a point that I think you were aiming at (before you got distracted by all this tension from Doomsday) -- if we would've signed Dragic to the contract he got from the Suns in 2012 plus still signed Asik, we could potentially be in the exact same position we are in now (going back to last year's starting 5 -- Howard/Jones/Parsons/Harden/Dragic with Asik/DMo/Hamilton/Daniels/Bev coming off the bench...essentially replacing Lin with Dragic.) I am not all THAT familiar with the cap situation, but I believe that would be feasible.

Instead of having to trade away picks to get rid of Lin, we'd have our top flight point guard in Dragic for the same amount of money. Plus, we could have potentially matched on Parsons. Again, I am admittedly not a cap expert. I'm going by what I think I understand from what I read around here.

We wouldn't have been able to go after Bosh the same way we did this summer. We could've had a nice chance at a S&T...maybe Asik and Dragic for Bosh. Then we'd have Howard/Bosh/Parsons/Harden/Bev...the starting lineup most of us were hoping for. In general, we could've had more flexibilty long term by risking short term flexibility (even though Lin and Dragic contracts' are virtually interchangeable...other than player options.)

Just an amateur mind at work. Hindsight...

5. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Lin was a lil b****. I'm so glad he's gone. He has no business starting on any team in the NBA. He cost us atleast two games in the playoffs this year. Had it been anyone else who knows maybe we move on upset the spurs on our way to a 3rd NBA championship .

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

The hate on this forum is ridiculous. A young player gets a bit overpaid a little bit due to circumstances outside of his control (RFA status, Rockets' need for a PG), and that results in 2 years of nonstop bashing?

I don't care what people at that Jeremy Lin fan site are saying. They're obviously not real basketball fans, and yes, some of them may be over-invested in Lin. But you already knew that, and if you're going there fishing for outrageous statements to justify bashing Lin here, you obviously are looking for excuses. Just ignore those people, or ignore the LOFs here.

If you have such intense dislike for a player (whom you claim to have no problems with as a person) just because of his fans, you actually do have problems with the player himself because you'd rather get petty revenge on his fans than actually see the player succeed.

Really, Lin cost the Rockets the series against the Blazers? Morey's trade should be commended because it saves some billionaire some pocket change?

Pure comedy.

1 person likes this.
  7. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Lin fans be like: oh yeah! FU rockets.
    Houston fans be like: damnit morey. price is too high.
    Lin haters be like: I'm just glad he's gone. Whatever the price is.

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

This is all just post-Bosh depression culminating in a bad offseason if you ask me. i understand the frustration. I'm sure Morey is frustrated too and has some regrets. That being said, taken individually, all these were decent moves.

9. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

The blind Morey support/love/obsession on this message board baffles me. When will you people realize that this is just a smart but very arrogant SOB who sees basketball as being just a numbers/advanced stats game. He doesn't care about players as individuals and I think people around the league including players, agents, GMs and fellow owners see this. Parsons clearly felt undervalued by Morey and essentially stuck it to him by signing that ridiculous contract. Franchises like the Spurs don't deal with this because there is a mutual respect, understanding, and appreciation within the organization. The Rockets will never win a title with Morey as GM, I don't care whether or not we get a third "star." Championships are won because players are all on the same page and buy into a system. Of course you need talent and you need "star players" in most cases. But this is far from the only ingredient and Morey puts way too emphasis on this. He's trying to outsmart the entire league and although it has worked at times, it backfired this time. I expect it to happen more often moving forward as players, agents, GMs, and other owners continue to realize how much of an arrogant A hole Morey is.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

This thread is late 2 years when we pick Lin from NY

11. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I think as long as Morey has his "layups and threes" doctrine over whoever coaches the team, the team will disappoint, in regard to how far into the playoff it goes relative to the talent it has.

12. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Morey screwed up three times with the same player which is pretty amazing. First by cutting him, then by signing him to a "poison pill" contract (which Morey had to swallow), and then by trading him not only for nothing but having to give a team TWO draft picks just to take the crappy contract that Morey drew up for him! This is just one of many failures by Morey. Lets stop looking at his moves with rose colored glasses and realize that he's made just as many bad moves as good moves as the Rockets GM.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I don't think you have ever had the credibility to use the term "us" for Morey's moves. Move along.

14. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

From now on, good or bad, Lin is no longer with the Rockets. It really doesn't matter you like him or hate him for whatever reason. In NBA, it is all business. Unless you are as big as LBJ or similar, other NBA players including will just come and go. I don't see there is any further reasons or discussions in this Rockets forum about Lin. He is just another NBA player in NBA, nothing more and nothing less. Like him or not.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm not going to forget the thread in which you called Yao "a genetic freak" and some of your fan buddies called me a racist because that's what racists do, point to their one Chinese friend (Yao) or black friend to prove they're not racist. Oh yeah, and the fact that I lived in China for nine years led some to be sure I was the kind of "redneck" who hung out in expat bars and thought I was above the local culture. That was a particularly ugly performance by you in that thread, and--as you'll notice--I don't care what anyone on LA teams is doing, I'm just glad the race-card players with their "Jackie Robinson" and "Rosa Parks" talk are out of here. Now they are over on the Lakers board trashing CF page after page, literally calling us "rednecks" and theorizing on the nature of the southerner; or they were doing so, until the mods over there told them to cut it out. I know your response: it's actually racist trolls from CF over there trashing the racists on CF. I guess you and I can both agree that everything will go best if we "rednecks" post only on CF and you enlightened Lin fans post only elsewhere. Lakers fans are not so mindful that this is the team of Yao; the LOF race baiting works a lot better over there.

16. Penetrate&Creat

Clutchfans gonna clutchfans

He still played better than Harden, who I recall disappeared for the first 4 games of the series. :cool:

17. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I guess their point is that the Lin trade was completely unrelated to the Asik trade. If only Asik had been traded, right now we'd have two draft picks instead of one.

I don't really understand the level of hate for Lin here, to be honest. Is he the difference between a fourth seed and missing the playoffs? No. Would I have given him up if we'd gotten something in return? Absolutely. But I'd rather have Lin and a first rounder right now than neither. It's not like I'm paying his salary, anyway :)

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get that LOF virus out of your system, it's worse than Ebola, it completely makes your basketball IQ turn to 0.

19. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Someone lock this thread. Lin is gone.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Why is Jeremy Lin still a discussion?

He was a disappointing/inconsistent player that wilted in the playoffs the last two seasons. Only negative memories related to his tenure in Houston, let's just move on.

Morey said only one team would take Lin, the Lakers, and he had to do the deal to have any shot at Bosh. It was worth the risk. Late first rounders are for sale all the time. Lin being gone opens up minutes for Canaan as well.

Just be glad that he is gone and move on.