1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[George Karl] "Rockets let Parsons go because they are going after a PG"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jul 16, 2014.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

In a trade, Dragic is only a 1yr rental. The Rockets asset cupboard is virtually bare. Morey's not blowing the Rockets remaining assets on a player in that situation.

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

this.

3. LinnyKravitz

LinnyKravitz Member

It's obvious Rockets are going after a PG, Lowry was plan A.

Considering Morey likes to resign former players, my guess is Dragic is plan B but since I don't think there's any way the Suns give up Dragic, maybe we can get Bledsoe.

4. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

I'm guessing it's Rubio. Morey liked him. He's the type of player that probably does better in advanced stats than what you see on the box scores. Combine that with wanting a max extension and Minny probably losing Love and I could see him being on the trade bloc for relatively cheap.

5. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Rubio doesn't fit. He can't shoot and finishes at the rim.

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm mostly just kidding, but I wouldnt be surprise if Morey make a run at Dragic at some point in the future.

Agree its highly unlikely the Rockets trading for Dragic this year. Not only are the Rockets limited in assets to compete for Dragic in a trade, but I doubt PHX would be a willing partner.

However in 2015-2016, the Rockets can clear cap space to offer FA Dragic (hes definitely using his PO) a starting salary anywhere from 10-14+ million. Of course like Lowry returning to Toronto, Dragic will maybe/probably? return to PHX, but I'm sure Morey will try to get HIM BACK! :grin:

7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

So this would mean that Bev is probably gone in 2015/2016. :(

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

And he wants a max contract. And his agent is Dan Fegan (of course :rolleyes:)

9. Lando19

Lando19 Member

I hope to God its Bledsoe, I think we could lowball PHO a little bit since they're stack on PG'a right now & most likely wouldn't match the offer. Exactly what we did with Parsons.

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Oh Noooooo! I didn't see that pattern! :eek: Damn you Rust Cohle! err... DREAM ON!

11. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Here we go again. Im tired of this. I like Jeremy Lin and I like Bev. Can we give Bev a chance to have 2 full seasons as a starter?

Hes done nothing but get better, just made an all defensive team, and has improved offensively. Calm the **** down Darryl

12. Spooner

Spooner Member

Why don't you check his advanced stats instead of just assuming? He's not very good statistically. I will say he is an elite defender at his position. Definitely top 5 in the NBA for a point guard and he obviously has potential as a playmaker.

13. fattz

fattz Member

Lull is coming and wants PT. There is only one ball and Parsons hands won't be on it. He is needed not just wanted. I don't think it is about money with him, it is about FIT. Isn't he friendly with the power forward we just drafted, too. Maybe there BOTH coming.
    (This is a thought that I just had as I was eating some gummie worms. just a personal thought.)

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Correct, and neither does Les.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Who would play PF for us if we traded Jones for Dragic?? :confused:

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Rubio is Jeremy Lin 2.0

PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO THE PPL ON THIS BOARD

17. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Especially GoRox2013 because that analogy is just plain dumb.

18. treeman

treeman Member

Jeff Adrien. ;)

19. thejav

thejav Member

yeah Rubio would be horrible for this team..i hope Dragic somehow comes back.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

George Karl was sitting there at the SL in Vegas talking to Morey for about 20 minutes.