1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Change might be coming....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SidDaKid, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm with Juan. I don't get this. I don't get how it would work and I don't know why any players / teams would want to do this, ESPECIALLY if they're trying to win an NBA Title. Pop would have an infarction at the mere suggestion that the Spurs should play a midseason tourney.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That would be the only way, to be more intercontinental. It will be experimented with at some point.

Still, not many in USA cares enough about other countries to where we'd even want to invite them to the party, or where we'd want to go to THEIR party.

Euroleague has improved against NBA. Though its like from a .045 winning % to like a .110 winning %. Still not much threat. I remember when Vassillis Spanoulis's old team the powerhouse Olympiacos played Rockets in preaseason, and they could barely get the ball up the court against the Rox 2nd team. That was 7 long years ago but I dont think theyve caught up enough within that time when their sign of competitive improvement is Joey Dorsey hitchiking his way around

I do like having Olympics be 23 and under. And to eliminate conferences. (You could then utilize "East vs West" element towards tournaments and all star exhibitions)

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm with senor Valdez.

[​IMG]

4. CertifiedTroll

Did you mean senor?

5. justtxyank

Haha of course.

Caught before the edit.

6. Mr. Space City

if you want basketball to be like soccer then allow players to be drafted out of high school and completely dead college basketball.

interesting concept but the nba season is already too long already. they would have to shorten it to 50 games.

7. Madclownpacasum

They should remove the hack a dwight. Its boring. We didnt come to watch free throw contest

8. justtxyank

Everytime I play NBA2K14 I get so excited hearing them talk about the NBA considering new rules to eliminate the intentional foul.

If the NBA did that it would be like adding a 3rd superstar to the Rockets lol!

9. Mr. Space City

not the nba's fault dwight is trash at free throws :p

10. ShawnKemp40

ShawnKemp40 Member

I've already thought about it 100 times.

This is what the NBA needs to change to have a great league.

1. Widen the court about 4-5 feet
    2. push the three point line out 2-3 feet.
    3. change the name of D-league, that name sounds lame cause we all know what it stands for.
    4. do away with defensive players taking charges in the lane, by making it only possible to draw a charge outside the key.
    5. Make an ex NBA player the commissioner.
    6. Let defenses set up anyway they want to, by doing away with all defensive 3 second rules.
    7. get rid of the ugly jerseys in the NBA
    8. get rid of the name pelicans,
    9. jazz up the courts design some
    10. let players come into the NBA at any age
    11. realign some of the teams and divisions, like Memphis should be in the East
    12. bring back the Supersonics.
    13. put the NBA back on NBC

11. ShawnKemp40

ShawnKemp40 Member

yeah, I agree. It's part of the game. If they want to hold a player, then he gets free throws.
    maybe they could let the team a choose between taking the ball or taking the 2 freethrows....
    but would that slow the game down even more at the end...

really one other thing, they should do away with the replay of plays. I saw the refs get more wrong than right and it would take them like 5 minutes to do so.

12. nel00

nel00 Member

A mid season tournament could work. But they would need to shorten the nba season by 20 or so games. I would think if each team played each other only twice (at home & away) and change the playoff seeding to the top 16 teams making the playoffs no matter the conference.. then they could eventually add a mid or summer tournament.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lottery reform article: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-lottery-reform-is-coming/

I would be in huge favor of this.