1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. MrsCParsons

MrsCParsons New Member

I'm so devastated!! I need to change my name on clutch fans now :-/

2. torocan

torocan Member

You missed the radio interview where he also said that if they had Bosh, he didn't really care how much Parsons would have been paid they would have matched.

IE, you pay what you need to COMPLETE the roster. You don't overpay when you're still Building the foundations of the roster.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Exactly.

4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

don't get me wrong, I LOVE Parsons, but its not like he raised his game in either playoff series we've had with him. If you're going to be that "other" star on a team, you'll have to show up more than 25% of the time - so yes, Houston was looking for someone who would. Parson "could" grow into that guy, sure, but has he been? No. He started wavering on defense a bit, and only through a very few games did he raise a pretty bleh offense performance number-wise.

I wish he was still here, and I mean, I know what he's saying in a way, but really I hope he gets over this cocky attitude thing. Being a model, a rising star player (noticed SO much more due to the value HOU was getting for money paid) etc has gotten him a lot of attention and it almost sounds like its gone to his head in some of those quotes.

I'd still love to have him, but as much bball as I've seen... we'll be fine without him. Life goes on, basketball goes on, yada yada.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

thats not true.

6. houactuar

houactuar Member

Well that assumes you can trust what people say after the fact. Which, sometimes you can't do. Like if Cuban says he would have matched . Lol I don't trust that. Or if boozer had a verbal agreement with Cleveland, you don't trust that either.

Didn't Daryl say he would match but didn't? Did bosh say he would sign if Lebron left ( or only based on imam current offer and change his mind after 5th year added and they increase offer). I can say a lot of things I might do, but until I actually do them do you know for sure? If you give me a million dollars I will run naked in Toyota center at half time. Do you believe me? You should pay me to find out.

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some folks write in verse
    Iambic pentameter
    I think in bullets

8. Penetrate&Creat

Lol what did Parsons expect? Morey treats his players like trading chips, not people.

I'm glad that Bosh trade blew up in his face lmfao, the greed.

9. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin got offended, Chandler Parsons got offended.

Clearly, Houston doesn't give a crap about its players' feelings, which is fine, this is a business.

just remember, it goes both ways. Marquee free agents will take that into consideration when deciding whether to join their organization.

Good luck, Houston.

10. Lin On Me

Lin On Me Member

Did Parsons have the CHOICE to sign with Mavs?

Or if Rockets didn't match Mav's offer, Parsons HAS to sign that Mavs offer sheet?

Can someone please explain to me? Thanks.

11. houactuar

houactuar Member

Are you guys on the wrong forum? Sounds like Dallas fans.

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Morey is showing the world many ex-Rockets weren't offended by him:

Joey Dorsey, Jeff Adrien and counting

13. Vpballa916

so since i alluded to the fact that Morey doesn't care about his players' feelings, i'm a Dallas fan? homer alert

14. Vpballa916

this is a world of "what have you done for me, lately?"

he shot himself in the foot, and he didn't make himself look good, doing it.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Are there examples of people shooting themselves in the foot and looking good, doing it? :confused:

Looking bad: Cuban, banking on mediocre at high price; Parsons, making immature, petulant statements; Morey, going the RFA route and losing a solid role player; and you, with a cliché metaphor. :p

16. Remii

Remii Member

Who :confused:

17. jayland

jayland Member

If Parsons is the best recruiter in the NBA why didn't he recruit Melo or Bosh here? They of would of matched his contract if he did.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yep. I understand that the butt hurt is strong here but all I can see is that Parsons took offense at being told to go out and find the best deal which the Rox would match only to see them not match but to have Morey publicly make the comments he made yesterday about Parsons not being a player you could build a championship team with. CP25 took that personally hence the article. The talking heads up here in Dallas are short stroking this story for all it's worth. Haven't seen the MFFLs this giddy since 2011.

19. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

He did everything he could to prevent us from matching it. He was literally waiting with the pen in hand over the offer sheet for the free agency to begin while he knew full well that the Rockets hadn't completed the negotiations necessary to resign him without crippling the team altogether. Then he uploaded the photo of him signing it while partying with Cuban to twitter. The guy wanted drama and exposure and that's what he got. His subsequent b****ing serves the same purpose.

20. Lick

Lick Member

The bottom line is last year Rockets got knocked out of the first round. We need to improve our perimeter defense. Also Batum was better than Parsons in the playoffs. FInally Parson is not worth the max w/ player option and no trade clause.