1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The forgotten man this off-season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 15, 2014.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>
    Imagine this breaking news...

Don't lie, you'd be freakin' ecstatic.

Gentlemen (and RocketGirl), let me re-introduce you to our very own Terrance Jones. The only reason we're all completely overlooking TJones at the moment is because he pulled a disappearing act against Portland in the playoffs. Hey, that's not uncommon with young guys in their first playoffs. Let's not forget he's the same kid who had more than a few dazzling games last year.

Another take: Check out the season two 22-year-olds had last year...

[​IMG]

Very similar stats. The PF is a better rebounder, the SF is a better long-range shooter, as you'd expect. Both would be welcome additions to almost any NBA roster. As you probably guessed, player #1 is TJones. Player #2 is Kawhi Leonard, who was playing in his third year in the league compared to Jones, who was in his second.

And that third year is a very common point at which players drafted in their teens finally figure things out and bust out big-time. Harden, Kobe, etc. Hell, in his second year, Harden scored 12.2 points per 36 minutes, nearly identical to Jones.

And like how we all think a bit less of our superstar Harden, whose lackluster playoff performance last year left a bitter taste in our mouths, it's the same with Terrance -- his sucking against the Blazers made us forget just how good he was at times last year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Jones is going to be an All-Star anytime soon. What I am saying is that if he makes that 3rd-year leap in maturity that we often see in these young guys, he will help us offset what we're losing in Parsons.

The equation for next year as I see it is simple:

Improved TJones + Ariza > Last year's TJones + Parsons
    <BR>

2 people like this.
  2. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

I just wish we could be better on defense.

3. King901

King901 Member

How is he improved? Haven't even seen him play yet.

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

He's not forgotten.....he's our main trade bait this off-season.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

The LMA ass-whooping is still fresh in my mind.

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Bingo. And TJones still doesn't know what that is.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

100% agree.

TJones has tons of potential to be signed to a big contract by another team.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Damn, we signed some guy named Terrance Jones with stats like that? I am excited Terrence Jones better watch out for his spot.

1 person likes this.
  10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he disappeared through long stretches of the regular season too!! I know cause he was on my fantasy team. Plus late in games he always got benched in favor of Lin.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

A lot of our hopes rest on TJ if he stays. Remember he is the Rockets best young player asset wise currently.

How big of a leap will he make?

12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

That's where Dorsey, and Adrien come in.

13. conquistador#11

well, let's not let him walk away and keep seeing him improve somewhere else.

14. Antec

Antec Member

Is this a joke? TJones sucks on so many levels. He only produces bc of the attention given to Harden or Howard. Mediocre at best. Millsap or Big Al would be putting up 25/10 if they were our PF.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Same exact case could've been made for Parsons.

16. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

You are talking out of your ass..you don't know if milsap or big al would fit with the other guys. T jones is great for his age and experience, and we won some important games where the others failed to show up and he did(spurs game being several)
    There's a reason he is our hottest asset at the moment.

1 person likes this.
  17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Disagree .

Sorry don't be mad keep the homeless people safe Terrance Jones got game been a fan since day one.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dorsey can only make a difference if he has made huge improvements in his overall game, and overall maturity level.

He always had defensive potential, but he was totally unable to translate it on the court. His attitude was unprofessional as well. He spent too much time on vacation in Mexico. The Rockets had to take his passport away from him!

I am not worried about Adrien. He worked hard for the Bucks.

19. Antec

Antec Member

Hottest asset or only asset. Might want to reconsider your phrasing.

Dont worry, we gonna make him a RFA and have him test the market. Only to have him the Bobcats offer him a contract we cant afford.

20. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I guess you wouldn't have a problem with that since you think he sucks.