1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have signed Jeff Adrien

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

Not every good signing is going to be that third superstar! We desperately needed size and toughness behind Jones & Howard. Dorsey & Adrien are both good signings, low risk, cheap and fill a NEED.

Rocsfan

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Was Pike the guy who refused to shower in the lockerroom after games or am I thinking of another white player?

3. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Who is this guy?

4. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

let's all deduct which teams want our players.

this is either Rondo or Love. or someone completely mind blowing that Morey pulls up because of all the recent articles trashing the Rockets. I really hope Morey pulls off something so epic that will leave those haters speechless.

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Can Mooch still dribble /?

6. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

And both undersized

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can someone explain to me how the contracts are structured? Are the second years non guaranteed, or is there a team option on them?

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I watched a few Bucks games at the end of last season, Adrien was absolute money for them. Came out of nowhere and put up very solid and consistent numbers. Definite fan favorite.

I have no idea how we scooped him for the vet min

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has the big logo on his Twitter also
    https://twitter.com/Adrien4

10. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I like Morey rewarding their D league players. It helps them attract better players to play for them.

11. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball">@HPbasketball</a> Think Morey is laying the groundwork for a trade? (this tweet is applicable for anytime in the past five years)</p>&mdash; Chris Jackson (@ChrisCJackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisCJackson/statuses/489098303691165696">July 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They traded away Luc Mbah Moute, defensive guy.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Keep in mind: The Wizards just signed Humphries to 4+ mil a year to do pretty much the same thing they will be asking Dorsey & Adrien to day.

If Morey is right about his projections for Dorsey & Adrien's roles with the team, the rebounding, the defensive intensity, and the toughness they bring to the locker room....

Folks on here will revisit and say they paid what for these guys??

Mock Morey all you want, but at the league min., and given what kind of mentality & toughness defensively this team had last year, I think these could be gold mine signings.

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Joey Dorsey is dumb as a box of rocks. He's big, strong with the IQ of a crash dummy. Morey could've got us quality veterans to help the bench. But he's chose to do what he always does, and that's keep resigning the same scrubs he either let go or traded for pennies. What does that mean? It means he's given up on next season & isn't even trying to build a contender next year. I wonder how Dwight feels about this:(

1 person likes this.
  15. Centerville

Centerville Member

Yes. I have no idea where offense is coming from when Harden is on the bench, or D-ed up, or chucking bricks.

Ironically, you take away Lin and Chandler and add no one who can create offense...we're going to wish the Twin Towers was an option, but Asik is gone too.

1 person likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They don't even need to be gold mines. They just need to hold the fort and do better than what Greg Scrub Smith did here.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Agreed. Sort of like Chandler on that last play eh ? Sqwak sqwak

Hakeem was smart enough to get the hell out there and block that shot !
    Forget your "assignment" during crunch time and just play damn it !

Harden has a lot to prove also.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

A former Rockets, which we had to dump Lin to keep him, but only moment later we found out he's not that good and eventually dumped him also.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Adrien is our backup PF and Dorsey is our backup C. I'm not going to lie this could actually turn out to be good signings. Better than weakass D-Mo and cheerleader Powell.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just because there are idiots out there, doesn't mean that you have to be one of them.