1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Carlisle and Cuban view me as a star and a franchise-max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Don't know if posted but:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New Mavericks forward Chandler Parsons tells Yahoo he was &quot;offended&quot; by how the Rockets treated him in free agency. <a href="http://t.co/A0bGoil3QW">http://t.co/A0bGoil3QW</a></p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/488886544216772609">July 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

He did't sign with Houston cuz his picture with Cuban offended Les&DM ...

Everything else is just irrelevant IMO

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everybody thinks their fiance is the most amazing woman ever on the night they get engaged. Let's see how they feel in three years when she's taking loud, smelly dumps with the bathroom door open, farting in bed, and flirting with other men. There are a whole lot of bitter divorces ending in screaming matches and fighting over who gets to keep what.

4. basketballholic

This thread needs to be moved out of GARM. He's not a Rocket.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm tired of reading this crap. The more words I hear coming from Parsons' mouth, the more pissed off I get. It's incredible. If the man's ego were any larger, it would block out the sun.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This thread relates to how the Rockets front office evaluates Parsons and how their opinion differs from that of the Mavs. Parsons may not be a Rocket any more, but his departure is very relevant information regarding those who are still running the Rockets.

7. ribbit

ribbit Member

Dallas is now a contender. They got the best SF and elite PG added to their roster. Take notes, Morey.

1 person likes this.
  8. gambingo

gambingo Member

Wow! Shots fired! Cant wait to see Ariza shut his ass down next season.

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

He'll probably get more run in Dallas and Carlisle is a great coach so I wouldn't be surprised if his stats get a little bump.

But if I were Dirk I'd be pissed that I took a pay cut for a third option who's making more than me.

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

White Ariza 2.0

11. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Nah, I think Chandler is better.

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

can't think of any team in the NBA with a "star" worse than Chandler. Utah has Favors. Still better than Chandler. Sixers have MCW. Still probably better than Parsons. Hell I'd take Tobias Harris over Parsons probably.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Solid troll attempt.

14. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

He ain't but gotta go for that money grab. More then likely this will be his biggest payday. Man going from what 900k to 15 per. Moreys fault for out thinking himself on this one and should have just pick up his option but then again who the Effff knew the market would give out so many bad contracts. Tons of overpay and not by a little

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you think about it the market this year is crazy, Asik is only making 8M a year and he's instantly better than Hayward or Parsons. In the past Granger and Iggy were seen as franchise guys and all they ever got was12M.

16. demarco1

demarco1 Member

it's just about before and after harden+ dwight came here. maybe DMorey and Mchale only focus on Harden and Dwight, and everybody around them just a compliment player. i and after they put "no 7 poster" , Chandler and co knows that they cannot be a major impact in houston behind Harden especially and dwight... They just escape and try to find what best for them.. so good luck to you parsons and lin, Hope the best of you guys

17. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

I enjoyed, as the majority of us, having Chandler Parsons as a part of the Rockets. With that being said, he is no longer a part of this team.

Isn't time to move all of the 'Chandler' threads to the NBA forums?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The team of has it alls

Felton has it all, Harris has it all
    Monta, you know your line
    Parsons wannabe has it all
    Dirk still has it
    Chandler wants to have it all

19. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Well then afterwards when he becomes a free agent we can offer him a huge back loaded poison pill contract but then purposely misuse him :grin:

Cuban is a billionaire. He doesn't need anyone's scraps.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Monta had less assists and more points in Dallas, the issue with Monta was never his passing, that was always pretty decent, it was his shot selection and his shot ability. Even accounting for three throws they're basically exactly the same, but Harden is a huge step up in terms of efficiency.

As for Parsons, a lot will depend on how Dallas line up, if he gets the opponents best wing defender, which he might with Felton and Harris stinking it up, he's going to be pretty awful, there is a major efficiency drop from 2nd to 1st wing option.

#320 Aleron, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014