1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys... this is a GOOD thing. Let me explain...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 13, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I think we are starting to see who of the morey fans (in that group), who are objective about him and how blindly defend every decision.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He's back... every year, it's the same negative **** from you... why don't you just find a team you can root for, already? Geez.

3. New

You guys completely misunderstood when we never needed a Backup for Harden... Lin, like it or not, allows you to run a 3 Guard rotation.

We won 0 games when neither Parsons nor Lin is on the court. That is how good our offense is .... Unless you think Parsons and Lik are good defenders.. (I think they are but I do not want to go there )

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So you mean the ultimate goal is the thing we've got with the two stars and two young talents in Cassell and Horry and not the thing we've got by going for a third star?

With Parsons we'd have needed 1 more starter. We'd have had 2 TEs, the MLE and the bi annual left for that. Without Parsons we need 2 starters and have 10 million in capspace for that. I know which scenario I prefer. Parsons might be overpayed, but his value allone should be at least the 10 million. It's practically impossible to have a better team this season without Parsons than with Parsons. And it's very improbable we get a better season next season without Parsons, than what we would'Ve had with Parsons...

5. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

No Ariza will eat up Parsons and will probably drop 30 on him too.

Harden on Ellis? Really?

Felton won't be able to do **** with Bev, and Bev will probably run circles around him on offense too.

Jones might get crushed on defense, but he will probably score his fair share on Dirk.

The bench is still an issue obviously, but there bench sucks just as well. No Carter and probably no Marion.

And by the way Tyson is not the same guy that was on that title winning team. His defense regressed and his scoring and rebounding. And he's injury prone.

Dallas is not better than the Rockets.

Chandler's presence will be missed initially, but within a month or so, the Rockets will have adjusted on offense and their defense will be much better. If we can add a couple of good guys on the bench like Nelson, O'Neil, or Okafor, this team will be better than last year.

6. anchel

anchel Member

Appreciate your optimism but that's delusional.

Rockets lost not only Parsons but also Asik and Lin. Lin was an important rotation piece at RS. Asik was the best backup center in NBA.

Ariza, as good signing as he is for that price, is far from being the player Parsons is offensively. Parsons helped McHale's offense to look not that much horrible. Ariza doesn't have his basket IQ, his handling and passing skills. Our static offense is going to look even worse against good defensive teams. Because I don't expect improvements made by McHale in terms of new plays / new structure.

7. joepu

joepu Member

He may be a wiz with numbers but so far Morey has shown himself clueless when it comes to the human element. First it was the thing with calling all his players assets and now this. It may true but you never say that in public. It's wrong on so may levels. It gives a ready made excuse for failing, it is demoralizing, and if Dwight or Harden have any pride they would be pissed off at the lack of faith i them.

With a good coach they could hit 50 wins but with Mchale?

8. joesr

joesr Member

Hi, did we generate a TE from the Ariza 3 team trade???

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Well said

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lmao Parsons will never be Leonard. Parsons is too weak.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I concur

Rocket River

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

GOOD POINT

Rocket River

13. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

How are you guys even beginning to compare Ariza to Parsons? I'm relieved Morey didn't match the max contract but it's not as seamless as you think. Think about it, our system relied on MULTIPLE ball handlers. The offense was run through Lin, Beverley, Harden and Parsons, hell even Jones took a crack at it a few times. Point is Parsons was a good ball handler and PASSER. He wasn't the best at creating but he was able to keep the defense honest and passed pretty well.

Except the one year Ariza was on the Rockets, while being asked to play outside his comfort zone, he does not avg more than 3 assists a season. Losing both Lin and Parsons forces McHale to improve his offense, I'm actually interested in how McHale is going to react to changing his offensive sets and what have you. Is Harden willing to step up too? hmmm.....................

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

We lost parsons, but gained Ariza thats a -1 and a +1 so that equals out.

Lin is easily replaceable. he was a below average-average pg. the only thing we will miss about him is that quick first step.

Asik however will be missed, but we won a lot of games without him during his injury and adjusted well. So to say that our roster can't be as good as last year just because we're missing our backup center is a stretch.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Morey was on the radio this morning and basically said exactly what I said in the first post of this thread.

This team is in better position going forward than if they would have matched Parsons' contract.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

WHy are some people not getting this
    MOREY DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE BY NOT MATCHING
    HE MADE A MISTAKE BY MAKING HIM A FREE AGENT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

[​IMG]

and by the playoffs

[​IMG]

No, not arguable, not even in the slightest

18. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

Exhibit 6A: the 'reasoning' stage of grief.

19. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree with OP but I hate loosing him for nothing. Especially when other teams where wanting Parsons in all the trade packages that was supposedly going on last year.

20. dram1

dram1 Member

Bro...did you spend the weekend in Colorado!!! Dallas is skeletal at best. They had a nice series vs. Spurs in the playoffs...I'll give that to them. But they are not championship built. They are a trendy bar at 2:30 AM...you can tell there was once a good party going on, but now there are only a few wore down folks that just need to go home already....the lights have been turned on in Dallas...that party is over!