1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 790 in the 8:00am hour

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Of course there's a whole lot of BS deals that people think are easily pulled off... when the other team wouldn't think twice about it.

However, you have to admit that having that sort of flexibility is of utmost importance when a deal does present itself.

Nobody would have guessed that OKC would give away Harden for just an ok player like Kevin Martin and some mid level draft picks. Teams start to get desperate, especially when they are faced with the prospect of losing a player for nothing... or spending big money for a player for a team that's not going anywhere and the owner wants to spend less.

It sucks that it had to come at the expense of Parsons... but if you keep him, you're not going to have that sort of flexibility to make a deal to improve the team, and even with him... the team needed to be improved.

2. HCA

HCA Member

Yeah, you have to like that about him. I think ariza will jump on harden when he takes possessions off and call him out for it. Parsons, and howard are too nice. You could tell parsons would get mad sometimes but he wouldn't say anything. Ariza is more vocal which could lead to some locker room issues. I dont think bev or jones would ever say anything since they are rookies.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i see that morey thinks this team is top4 in the west and better than last season. so that must mean we got rondo or bledsoe

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey was on 610 just moment ago before 9AM.

Anyone got the transcript for that?

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think you misunderstand me. I agree with Morey's decision not to match Parsons and I agree with his reasoning in today's interview if it ultimately fails.

I was responding to someone who was bashing Morey for "star chasing" when we could have just "traded Asik for Milsap."

People attack Morey because he isn't making the moves they think can be made, but the reality is those moves aren't there!

Atlanta is trying to contend no matter how silly anyone here thinks that may be. They aren't trying to add role players in place of the guy who probably their best player last year. It drives me nuts. On message boards you can just get anyone you want from another team by giving up the guys you want to get rid of!

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If we get one of those point guards plus Boozer/a defensive talented power forward... we could take over the west. I say sign Kevin Garnett at this point.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He said that bosh to rockets was a sure thing, and then miami swopped in last seconds with that 118 offer. He seemed like he would not have done Lin deal if he knew about that. He said if we signed bosh he would have paid any amount for parsons. Also Nick Wright knows more basketball than Lance and Adam.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

No you can't.

9. justtxyank

Kevin Garnett is under contract for $12 million or so with the Nets and is limited in how minutes he can give you. If they bought him out or something, I'd love to add him, but if your big add is 15-20 minutes of Kevin Garnett and you give up your assets for that?

Eh...

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Point 2 is correct, not point 4. Parsons is worth the max int he right scenario

11. HCA

HCA Member

No way a gm admits to trying to trade one of their players, especially after the trade deadline. It happened.

12. justtxyank

Lance wasn't on today, but that last statement is still probably true.

Adam is a Rockets fan but he also gets "fatigue" from talking about the Rockets for more than one segment so...

Morey didn't want to flat out say it, but he gave the vibe that if he knew Bosh would stay in Miami he would not have traded Lin.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't necessarily disagree with this, even though that's not settled just yet. I'm speaking specifically to the two nerds on 790 and who were all "OOOOH, BETTER GET CUBAN SOME ALOE FOR THAT BURN!!!" and anyone else who parroted that.

14. justtxyank

All evidence (aside from an "insider") to the contrary. Boston has been trying to add assets to make a run at Kevin Love to pair him with Rondo. If they wanted to deal Rondo for role players or picks they could at any time. Instead they are big game hunting.

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I don't really see any justification in putting the Rockets in that third tier. I still see them in that 2nd tier.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well i was hoping morey would say there will be moves this week or this month but at least he said there will be moves later on. we can still put together a top 4 tteam

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We will see . . . . . .we will see

Rocket River

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

We have no backup PG (a small, very inconsistent Canaan and a drafted second-round SG being converted to PG). As much as Lin was criticized (and correctly so), he did produce as a back PG. Also as a backup SG.

We have no back-up C. Again, Asik was criticized (correctly) for sulking at the start of the season, but he did contribute in the second half and made significant contributions as the team approached the playoffs. He averaged 6ppg/8rpg in the playoffs (matching his regular season stats).

We have an undersized PF/C in DMo who is very inconsistent. And a drafted thin Euro who needs to play overseas for at least a year. Our backup SG is a one-year player from the d-league. Our backup SF is ?? . And we didn't address/improve at PF.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, they'll struggle to make the playoffs, last year they had a much better roster and only made the playoffs by 5 games. If they make the playoffs this year, it'll be a 7 or 8 seed.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Well, that was Adam and Raheel