1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 790 in the 8:00am hour

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 14, 2014.

1. s.b713

s.b713 Member

2. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

DM is right about drafting the great players regardless if it was a shot at Cuban or not. Parsons, as great as he was for us, has an incredibly inflated contract and I'm looking forward to Ariza being the contributor that fills in the gaps.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This is 790, "Home of the Rockets". It's always sloooooooooooow-pitch softball. They don't want to push Morey away.

I wonder if 610 would be harsher on him. If I was one of the dudes and my station director didn't shackle me, I'd jump on him (not to Josh Innes-levels, mind you, I wouldn't be a jerk, but some questions need asking).

We don't have the guns for Kevin Love. We just don't.

If Rondo as a possibility keeps getting mentioned, aren't there other PG's that would fit the bill? One of the Phoenix PG's? Rubio? (Not that Minnesota's marketing department would let him go.)

#143 ROXTXIA, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So look for Rockets to re-enter trade game for longtime Houston target Rajon Rondo as well as try to work their way into mix for Kevin Love</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/488673449188278273">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What assets do they have especially for K.Love?

5. HCA

HCA Member

Fans too stupid to realize the truth in that last line. They want to marry the team that got beat in the first round AND IF we would end up losing lin and asik for nothing in fa after matching parsons because they are unrestricted.

6. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Agree wholeheartedly. I think the flexibility he is looking for is cap space to absorb Gerald Wallace's idiotic contract as a kicker in a Rondo deal so we don't have to give up as much in terms of real players or the NOLA lottery pick.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Should have Rondo right now.....

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, because there are too many variables. First of all, I think the Rockets are a 50/50 shot to make the postseason right now. So I ain't betting money under those circumstances. Secondly, what if one or more of the other teams suffer an injury? What if Dirk gets hurt again? Or Marc Gasol? What if the Blazers aren't so lucky this season? What if Anthony Davis can't stay healthy? Same goes for the Rockets too, BTW. With so little depth now, they can't afford any of their key guys missing time.

He sucks for not addressing the Rockets' deficiencies that led to the first round defeat. We knew all season long that they weren't deep enough thanks to the heavy minutes Harden and Parsons were logging. We knew they were inconsistent on defense. We knew they were bad at executing on offense in the half-court set(witness their last 2 games against Memphis). Morey did nothing to deal with these issues.

Now at the time I was understanding of this because he didn't wanna take on any major contracts and risk his "flexibility" heading into this offseason. But despite all that capspace, he wound up making the team worse than they were last season. All while improving two division rivals in Dallas and New Orleans. And for that, I am NOT understanding at all. Morey f'ed up bigtime.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

YASSSSS!

Rondo alone will HUGELY impact our roster.

Love wouldn't even be necessary.

Sign rondo, singn Jermaine O'neal or someone else who can be somewhat of a defensive threat in the lane when dwight is out, and someone who can hold their own when TJones ins't in the game.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Not much, we just have to be in the right place at the right time. Remember that OKC sought Bradley Beal or Klay Thompson before settling for our trade package.

11. conquistador#11

the quote directed at cuban would have been a great one if cuban's mavs hadn't gone to the finals and defeated the south beach divas. =/
    shots fired were blanks.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I understand not matching Parsons.
    But did they not bring up keeping parsons on the small contract for another year.
    That is where the mistake happened and that's pretty obvious. He took a huge gamble and he lost. I love morey as our gm but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a lot of criticism for that decision.

1 person likes this.
  13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Bev, Jones are the players that can contribute right away with potential plus all that cap-friendly stuff like picks and trade exceptions. Not to mention draftees Capela and summer leave stud Nick Johnson.

14. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Weird I totally missed this, did he actually say this ?? Must be losing my mind or going deaf one or the other...

15. HCA

HCA Member

Fegan did his job and got parsons the most he could get. Cuban ****ed us while ****ing himself in the process. Let him learn his lesson. He wanted to make sure we would not match it and trade him later.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

I know, it was meant to be rhetorical.

17. AXG

AXG Member

That's what I'm thinking as well. Parsons would have been a great starting offer then add other pieces to make it work.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

According to the tweet it was structured by Fegan not Cuban.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One thing that was hinted but may have been missed.

Morey calimed Ariza is the perfect fit next to Harden because he is long and a really good DEFENDER.

This shows that the Rockets are aware of Harden's defensive inadequacies and are not naive to that

20. Classic

Classic Member

Look what got us Ron Artest/Harden:

1) player &/or young prospect(s)
    2) lotto pick
    3) cash

So:
    Tjones, Nick Johnson, cash, Pelican's lotto (+ maybe a future 2nd), trade exception