1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw Mavs Rant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by <3myrockets, Jul 13, 2014.

1. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

I know social media shouldn't get to me, but let's face it...it's so deeply integrated in life these days. Somewhere along the free agency rollercoaster I put up a FB status saying "ok now that Lebron is going home, come on over to the city south of your home Bosh."

Somehow this flared up into a 50+ comment thread on my wall with people debating mostly Parsons' contract. Granted they're Dallas friends, it's just so annoying to have people troll about Cuban CB'ing us and blah blah blah.

Obviously I was hoping CP wasn't matched, because I don't think he's worth that much. I'm glad Ariza was signed at a bargain deal for offering a similar skill set. Despite my efforts to say that CP was supremely overpaid and paid more than their franchise player, my efforts to justify that the only player being paid more than Duncan right now is Parker who we can all agree is going in the books as one of the great PGs of the NBA, and despite my efforts to justify Kawhi will probably get a bigger contract because he brings so much to the game and was the Finals MVP...*deep breath* these guys troll on and on.

I'm typically a classy guy as far as defending my beloved Rockets, but my goodness it grinds my gears when trolls come rolling around your space while you try to cheer for your team.

Screw the Parsons contract, screw the Mavs and screw Cuban.

/rant

Rockets red forever.

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Sometimes I think it's odd we care so much about people who don't even know who we are.

3. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

Cuban pwned Morey.

4. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Granted these are actual friends trolling around, I know what you mean. People arguing on those viral photos/videos is very unnecessary.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The Mavs are irrelevant. There's really no excuse for living in Dallas.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Actually, they both screwed up. Cuban overpaid - again, and Morey let his third best player go to a division rival. Neither should have happened. The Mavs should have signed Ariza, and the Rockets should have matched Parsons.

7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Let them enjoy it now. Rub it in their face later.

8. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Nothing efficient, productive or all that relevant to add....but I saw Screw the Mavs and would like to concur on that sentiment.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

NEVER FORGET:
    Screw them for this
    [​IMG]
    and the rest of that botched 04-05 series with Cuban crying about Yao to the refs

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

- Dirk Nowitzki is retired in the near future

- Monta Ellis don't have it all

- No matter what Cuban and Carlisle said to woo Chandler, he is STILL option C on that team.

- When he takes a higher position in the Mavericks totem pole, Dallas drop in the standings.

- It's funny he says Dallas are like a family. You'd think a Championship winner would be a great family. Not shipped out that offseason. Oh well Chandler. The dollar signs fooled you. (no hate, no one would turn down that ludicrous deal) but you're in for a rude awakening when you realise the pretty words are exactly what Morey whispers into people's ear.

11. skyline07

skyline07 Member

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There were actually some level headed fans there that weren't needlessly trolling. One dude even said he'd live in Houston because of how laid back we are.

Of course the others were just bitter Mavs fans that think we are not even on the same planet as them in terms of talent. :rolleyes:
    I'm sorry but we still have Harden and Howard. They're not going to blow us out of the water.

13. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I'd bet any Dallas fan that the rockets will have a better regular season record than them next year. I go to school with a bunch of Dallas fans. That fan base thinks way to highly of its teams.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I dated a girl from Dallas for nearly 2 years. This is so true! Delusional Mavs/Cowboys fan

15. Smook

Smook Member

Bet you're not even a rockets fan. Just a troll.

That username and join date gives it away

16. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

This is a post from the Dallas-Mavs fan forum:

"Houston as a city seems to have something of an inferiority complex regarding Dallas.
    Anyone else picked up on this? I think its pretty silly, but I always get that vibe from Houston peeps."

LOLZ. The med-center in Houston is larger than downtown Dallas.

17. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

A lot of posters over on dallas-mavs.com ripping on clutchfans.

But there are a few sensible posters over there.

"No. Not at all. And definitely not outside sports fandom.

In fact, I think Dallas is the city with the inferiority complex relative to the rest of the world. The whole JFK thing is a stain that won't wash. Plus the nouveau social climbers concerned that people outside Dallas see them as prairie hicks (which they do).

In my experience, Houston doesn't give a damn what people think, and is all the cooler for it. I mean, Houston is what it is, and is pretty much unconcerned with image. I'm not rushing off to live in Houston either, but if I had to choose between Houston and Dallas, I'd say Houston is considerably more laid back and cosmopolitan, and naturally so."

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Was up-
    Mavs are slow and old.
    Rockets are freaking are just coming into the fold.
    We told that boy Dirk in German
    ........it wouldn't work. So here me out clutch fans on this 80s old school rap. The Mavs is down on the mat Cuban is ready to tap.
    Word to your motha...

19. jay_09

jay_09 Contributing Member

False....

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member