1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Carlisle and Cuban view me as a star and a franchise-max player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The one that just gave him up for nothing when they could have had him for under 1m?

That one?

DD

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Carlisle runs a free flowing offense, so not sure what you are talking about. And he certainly pays attention to analytics...that's why they broke up Kaman and Dirk so quickly---the analytics showed early that they were a defensive disaster when on the court together.

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The second coming of Keith Van Horn.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Every time Parsons plays Durant or LBJ it's like every touch foul is implemented against him. On defense it's always somebody else that covers him most of the time and not the supposedly 2 best SFs..

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Will he be the next Gogi?

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Similar to what he put up this past season, but improved defense and consistency.

7. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I believe Howard regret coming to Houston. He is thinking, why did I come to Houston? No Asik, Lin, Parsons..

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm down with all things Parsons being moved to Dish. He seriously sounds like a douche, I'm over it, I'm happy with Ariza who is a better defender and shooter at a much cheaper price.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Will laugh if Parsons is ever the Mavericks' franchise player.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I remember whenever Parsons ISO'd at the end of quarters more often than not he'd lose the ball or not even be able to get a shot off. It was absolutely cringeworthy

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The one that drafted him in the first place when you (nor I, nor many others) had any inkling of an idea who he even was? The one that helped develop him? The one that signed him to that contract from which he was getting paid under 1m for 3 seasons in the first place?

Yeah. That one.

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Parsons, as a basketball player, is solid.
    Not sure if he is worth his new contract, but without a doubt has the potential to be really good.
    I can understand how cake eater would want the lights on him in Dallas, how many yrs does Dirk even have left?

Parsons, the person, I can't tell. He says the right things in interviews, speaks highly of his teammates/friends, seems kind and fairly humble...though he did do an interview in which he refereed to himself as good looking...not that he's wrong...but still.

But, otoh, I feel like a good looking guy, with girls all over him, and now money....probably a bit of a pretentious dbag.

13. houactuar

houactuar Member

Maybe you should go to the Mavs board to keep your bromance alive. CP is not a rocket and you are not acting like a fan of this team.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Parsons plays defense I think he levels up...too just under Iggy level when signed for 12M a year and people said he was overpaid :rolleyes:

Sorry but I think Dallas is in for a rude awakening if they think he's a max player. Dudes above average I don't know why anyone in their right mind gives him the max and I'm happy we didn't match. In 3 years we might see him back anyway, Dallas is dead for always ignoring young talent and in 3 years Dirk will be gone and Cup will be in his prime looking to win, hopefully on a less than max contract.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I'm pretty sure he didn't role into Htown because of
    These backups.

16. houactuar

houactuar Member

I regret you came to this board and posted.

17. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

two things to contribute here, and i think i'll go back to lurking.

1) parsons value/role as a rocket is different than his value/role to the mavs. his skillset and personality actually makes him worth more to the rockets than he is to the mavs, but the mavs were willing to dramatically overpay him and the rockets were not.

2) he will like his role with the mavs better. its a better situation for him. its a better fit and he works better in an organizational culture like dallas.

bottom line: if you support him as a person, then you should be happy with what happened. its better for him. if you support dallas, then you should be happy you're getting a good player, but you really really overpaid for him. if you support houston, you're not happy about losing a good player, but you are happy that you're not paying a good player as if he were a great player. there's no quicker way to destroy your team in the salary cap era than handing out unreasonable contracts.

1 person likes this.
  18. do work son

do work son Member

this is no surprise. all players want to be wanted. our management treated him like an asset/role player, because that's what he was for us. it's best for both sides to move on.

19. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Cuban was tricked by his numbers. Morey allowed parsons to play many minutes with many shot attempts. Many of those shots were assisted. Low points to minute ratio, but points were higher than average. Cuban got duped.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Parsons is one cocky dude. He can't keep his mouth shut. All of those modeling gigs have gotten to his head it seems. And Cuban/Carlisle played that up and started sucking up to him and he loved it.

Too bad that cocky attitude is also what led him to stop trying on defense and just go for flashy offense.