1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kneejerk] Morey is Overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox4lyf, Jul 13, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't have to say anything. I agree or let me put it like this, I told ya

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I'd agree with you except for the fact that the Rockets can only win a championship by brute forcing it with talent. We aren't gonna win by playing beautifully coached team ball like San Antonio. Popoviches don't grow on trees. Besides, look at all the championship teams of the past decade. They all had underpaid value players on the roster. You either get lucky by finding hidden gems on cheap contracts or attracting vet mins who want to play with superstar talent. The Rockets were trying to do both, and until this off-season things were looking really bright.

No doubt this has been a step back, but our front office has a vision and a process and we WILL be ok. Don't forget we were ONE free agent 'yes' away from having the best starting five in the whole league. It takes competent management to even put yourself in that position.

3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Ask yourself this question: If Bosh didnt screw us over, we would have a potential lineup of Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Bosh, Dwight. Would you have still made this thread?

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Got us Harden
    Got us Dwight

Lost parsons and now he sucks lmao. You guys are r****ded

Morey>>>>>>>>

5. Abadfish

Abadfish Member

exactly!

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Another thing Parsons could have waited but he jumped on that offer by the Mavericks pretty darn fast. Even though Morey made him a RFA why couldn't Parsons show him some love by being a little patient?

Hmmmm makes you wonder what was really going on. Did Morey tee Chandler off or something.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

Could this offseason be any worse?

Lost

Lin, Asik, Parsons, 1st rounder AND 2nd rounder

for

Ariza and NOP Pelicans pick.

Unbelievable

8. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I am tired of this narrative that Morey apologists are weaving about how Morey treated Parsons like a person and look what happened. Morey took a huge gamble and lost. Parsons went to Morey numerous times, one recorded, and asked for a raise. He waited patiently, played his heart out for the team lest we forget how many minutes he logged and the back spasms he played through. Morey had opportunities to pay Parsons, probably to a smaller contract than the one he received from Dallas. Instead he gambled and Cuban called his bluff and he lost. Morey got starry eyed with the lure of Bosh and K Love as well as miscalculated the max offer that Dallas gave, which is the main reason why he let Parsons become a RFA. You can't just expect people to wait for you and at the same time you're looking to sign other people instead taking care of your own. I wouldn't be surprised if Parsons felt a bit slighted by Morey going out and wining and dining Melo, LeBron, Bosh plus the rumors swirling that he'd trade him for Love. Parsons stopped waiting on Morey, did his own thing, and got paid. So, let's not get it twisted that Morey treated him like a person and Parsons ended up betraying him.

9. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Yeah, blame it on Bosh.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

Yup ..way over rated..as a matter of fact. He had nothing to do with bringing Harden or D12 or loosing Parson &asik ..things happen and he pretend to be in control

11. houtown

houtown Member

To tell the truth if this team acquired a major free agent, i would still be suspect of it due to coaching. Its not that simple.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

People let's not forget we didnt get Harden until OCTOBER of 2012. It is still a long offseason. Things will get done to better the team.