1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lol Parsons already over the Rockets organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dk808, Jul 13, 2014.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I was actually talking to my friend about that today. I was saying that they would boo him when he comes. I don't think about the contract, but just based on the fact that he is in a Mavericks uniform. If he signed with a Eastern Conference team or even a team not in our division then I think they would cheer him. Unless your Tmac and you wear a Detroit jersey. I clapped but I was one of few that clapped and didn't boo.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This fan base is acting like the crazy girlfriend from hell

1 person likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Did Dallas really get better this offseason? No.

They finally got youth and what do they do? Give him a terrible contract(46/3 yr) with a trade kicker. They lost their depth and key pieces like Calderon, Marion, and Carter who were all instrumental for them last year. They also lost Blair, Larkin, their 2nd rounders, Ellington, and got Jefferson, Felton, and Greg Smith.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is not Chandler's fault it is Le$ Alexander and Daryl Morey - not believing in development.

We want to be the Spurs but we don't have the patience to get there or a belief that coaching matters.

DD

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There's truth to that. We send emerging players aware to become important cogs on good teams, some, like Lowry, even wind up becoming the best players on their teams (not saying we shouldn't have dealt Lowry).

I'm pretty sure if the Spurs core was gutted and you replaced Duncan, Parker and Leonard with Parsons, Howard, Harden and George Hill (who they traded for Leonard) the Spurs still win the west. And probably contend for the next 10 years.

But for whatever reason we cant contend with the same core... hmm...

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

8. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

ikr damm

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Clearly the Rockets organizations is over him or they would have matched the offer.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I love how these fans seem to ignore the fact that Dallas just screwed up their cap space for a #3 scoring option just to spite the Rockets (even though it left us cap space).

11. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Lot of sour grapes in this thread.

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ingrate for what? Chandler played here on an extremely cheap contract, and outperformed his pay big time. We should be grateful we got such good production for less than $1 mill per season.

That said, his new contract is pretty crazy. Sad, but I understand why they didn't match.

13. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IMHO they signed him to be a “bridge” star between Dirk and the next star they plan to build a franchise around. He’s is there to keep Dallas relevant while they rebuild. Again, IMHO, I don’t think Chandler will be on a contending team during his time in Dallas. I wish the best for him but I don’t think Dallas will be contenders anytime soon.

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

sellout...
    Sellout..

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

2nd option

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

There are some sins that cannot be forgiven...signing with the Mavs is one of them.:eek:

18. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

#truth

19. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Also, that other Chandler on the Mavs, Tyson. Last time I checked his knees haven't gotten any younger or better. Dirk is long in the tooth as well. Their front court looks good on paper, now. Wait until mid way the season though.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The Spurs dont have anyone that makes over 12.5 million per year.

Chandler making 15 million is an absolute joke.