1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly DD, I expect more out of you. Sure, some idiots on here think that will be the reason Dwight leaves. Look deeper, could we really win it all with CP and that bloated deal? No. Then by that logic Dwight was already gone.

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

LOL , HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

your insults are so damn powerful that I am now pondering whether to call the police.

Bite me, lil b!tch

1 person likes this.
  3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Whatever happened to organic growth? Morey is gonna regret this big time. Parsons will be a beast in Dallas

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Best news all day. I'm so happy we let him go. I like Ariza more and chandler was terribly overrated.

Dallas will regret that contract.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You want Parsons and T Jones or Ariza and an upgraded 4? Morey seems to think Morey plus a new 4 is necessary. This "flexibility" has to be for a 4 by the trade deadline.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

EXACTLY!!!

7. treeman

treeman Member

Not sure why you aren't on my ignore list yet for your idiocy, but this really caught my eye:

Do you not understand that the point of the game is to win a championship?!? It's not just to be "fantastic", or awesome, or pretty good or whatever, it is to be the best there is. That is why we keep score, it is why we have rankings, it is why we have playoffs. You don't go to into the playoffs to show everyone how "fantastic" you are, you go in to win.

And no, if you are capped out against a hard cap you can not make any improvements to your depth. You can't really do anything at all - you are stuck with what you have unless you can find another GM to fleece and pull your a$$ out of the fire.

You are hysterical and are not thinking straight. Take a shot of something and calm down. The skyu is not falling, and Morey is doing what is best for the team at this point in time.

8. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

LOL, you calling ME a moron? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, OH THE IRONY.

Before you could "neg-rep" me, how about I "neg" your mom and sister for a little while, and get them to come onto my bed? I'm sure that sounds much better than you going around the internet trying to find people to spread your magic dust of "neg rep" around. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW HARD I AM LAUGHING RIGHT NOW

but do feel free to "rep" me by clicking on the green button on the top right of each of my posts. try that, maybe some rep might come through as "neg rep" ;)

Dude, I am done arguing with an absolute moron that you are. You are probably some loser that sits at home all day spending his time in front of a computer screen, while cultivating pimples all over your face. While you are sleeping tonight, I am going to come to your house with a sharpie marker and connect the dots on your face.

1 person likes this.
  10. treeman

treeman Member

Jesus, you're nuts. Please, by all means, call the police. Tell them big meanie treeman is being naughty and they need to go arrest him posthaste. I want to hear that call.

Moron. :rolleyes:

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

If ultimately this was about money and no assurance that we do in fact get better, I will be extremely disappointed in the FO. I'm keeping my hopes up becaus I hope Morey has something awesome for our team to get even better.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I firmly believe you need time for good players to GEL, and you add to the core, you don't consistently flip it time and time again.

I believe taking a step backwards in Dwigh't dwindling window is a poor job by the Rox.

And I HATE Ariza, he is terrible.

DD

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XofeTTXMkD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. treeman

treeman Member

So, let me get this straight: you're going to screw my mother (have at it, I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole even if she wasn't mom tro me), you're going to do the same with my nonexistent sister, you're going to call the police on me, and then you're going to come to my house and draw on my face with a sharpie tonight? Um... OK?

Wow. Just wow. And I thought this crap was going to stop once we got rid of the LOFs...

1 person likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ariza again won a championship playing near 40 mins a game and a significant role on a team.

Hate him all you want, he could be more of a glue guy then Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

AGREED.

We traded Lin & a late 1st for cap space,

Traded Asik for a solid 1st no lower than 20th

Basically Traded Parsons @ 15 mil/per for Ariza @ $8 mil/per

and we still have cap space.

If anything we've gone sideways with more to come. No need to panic.

BOTTOM LINE,

Parsons was good about not a max guy at all.

17. imaginedragons

I think the Ariza effect will be much more than we expect. Parsons takes about 15 shots a game and this can be easily spread out among Howard and Harden plus a sprinkling left for Ariza himself and others. I say Harden and Howard taking 10 of Parsons' 15 shots is a net positive for us.

On defense is where the bigger positive comes. Having the trio of Beverley, Ariza and Howard instantly gives the team a whole new defensive identity. They will get after it man to man on the perimeter, and anyone who gets by has to face DH. Result: they can hide Harden more easily on D, and he can spend more effort on offense, as is his natural inkling.

So the Ariza for Parsons trade off by itself is not too bad. What's more worrisome is the loss of the 3 players combined with only Ariza coming in. There is no bench to speak of so the first order of business is to get 2-3 veterans to get the starters adequate rest.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

the decision came down to,

"Can Parsons, Harden, Dwight win you a championship?"

It can't.

If we matched Parson's, that's what we're rolling with.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this though. Good on Parsons for getting the money, but the contract he signed we're laden with stuff that would just put an immense strain on the organisations flexibility.

he is dead to me now.

1 person likes this.
  19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Starting line up just got more D and more 3s. A millions to spend. We're not done yet.

20. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Great question! I suspect the sole reason is because Parsons is not a retread. See Lowry, Kyle; Dragic, Goran; Ariza, Trevor; Brooks, Aaron; Francis, Steve (ok, the exit wasn't on his watch).... Dude is always coveting OPP.

No worries. I'm rolling out the red carpet for Parsons 2017!