1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets not expect to seek major free agent moves; short term contracts only

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Mcat we at least fire McHale or demote him?

2. AXG

AXG Member

The Sixers are the only team that make more trades than the Rockets.

3. bford

bford Member

Oh nozzzeee... the Rockets will never win another game again...

We'll never get another good player again....

Morey will never do anything right, ever, ever again...

Being upset is one thing.. but way too many are reacting like a little teen age girl that was just broken with by her boyfriend of two weeks....

I apologize if any of you are teenage girls who were just broken up with by their boyfriend of two weeks.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm, I have seen number of people write versions of this: "Morey gambled on Bosh, and no one expected that Bosh would get the MAX contract that he couldn't refuse"

My question... why didn't Morey expect Bosh would get a max contract? Seems to me two possibilities existed: Either LeBron re-signs with MIA and Bosh stays, or LeBron signs with another team and MIA offers Bosh max to stem the bleeding. And why didn't Morey have a sense that Bosh would prefer tow stay put (just bought a big house, wife likes Miami, wouldn't want to move his family).

There may have been other star players he was looking at... but I can't believe Bosh not signing with HOU was that big of a surprise. After all, he passed on us before...

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If the Rockets wanted short term contracts only, they should have kept Lin on the expiring deal and the pick.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea, exactly. Morey got played by Bosh Spice and now the kingdom is crumbling. Morey needs to salvage it or he has wasted two of Dwight's prime years.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pretty sure that was an option until Lin got offended.
    Pretty sure keeping Asik was an option until he demanded a trade a few games into the season.
    Pretty sure keeping Parsons was an option until Morey lost his mind and declined the team option.

These are sad times. :(
    Happy we got Harden and Howard, but if we're just going to fill the team with scrubs then this is no better than McGrady-Yao.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Let's strike out on MORE stars and extend Mchale.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think that was the plan. I think Morey felt like he had assurances that Bosh was coming to Houston so he had to create cap space. If Morey didn't think for sure Bosh was coming I don't think he would have ever traded JLin.

But to get back to the short contract theory... The Chandler Parsons contract was very short. 2 years with a player option for a 3rd. That's pretty short.

10. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I know we've gotten spoiled the last two years, but you can't essentially dismantle a team that was in the playoffs and expect fans to be happy. Yes dismantle is appropriate when you are speaking of a downgrade at starting sf and you currently have no backup c of pg.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is no way Chandler opts out of his 3rd year because there is no way he is going to live up to that contract.

12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

That's what people were thinking of Dragic's contract too..I think Carlisle will help him find his defensive groove again and he will complement dirk & monta well. Also, in 3 years, who knows, $15 mil might look like a bargain deal with the new salary cap. (remember how outrageous $8 Mil /yr for Dragic and Asik seemed at the time?).

I just hope we don't regret this decision but hey...after 2 or 3 years, we can bring him back like Ariza!!!

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

EXACTLY.

14. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Morey thought he was getting Bosh. He wouldn't surrender the pick otherwise.

15. crash5179

16. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I think Morey's approach has been consistent. He already waited until the last moment to execute that trade. Bosh and Riley screwed us over, that's only who I would blame.

17. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Are you kidding? That's 15 million dollars, man, that's from Les's pocket and Les is Morey's boss.

18. crash5179

How many thought he would get a max contract? Even if he didn't opt out, it's still only 3 years.

19. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

What about a player like Jason Smith? He is a solid bench player who has a mid range jumper.

20. newAge_Rockets

I think there are about 20,000 users on this board that could have done a better job than Morey the past 48 hours.