1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. ribbit

ribbit Member

My heart says that Rockets should have matched. My brain says good decision.

I'll shut up now.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey called their bluff. Good for him

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Depends on which Ariza we are getting. Let's not act like Ariza has been lighting it up his whole career.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Dude, we lost our third best player for a lesser player. It's simple. No one wanted to play with us because Morey has a terrible reputation as being cold and calculated. It's clear. I think Morey is amazing. I think he can get us out of this jam but the dude is a robot and treats his players like they are #s. There is a lot more that goes into a team than what your charts tell you.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Nene? off the bench?

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

At this point in time, the Spurs don't have a Big Three. Manu is nowhere near what he once was. Parker is starting to break down(although he is still great). And Duncan is still really good, but not the dominant offensive player he used to be. Granted, Kawhi helps make up for all of that, but I would argue the Spurs have one genuine superstar in Parker, one borderline one in Duncan, and two borderline All-Stars in Manu and Kawhi. What makes them so tough to beat is their depth and system.

I understand wanting to maintain flexibility under the cap if you're Morey and Les. What I don't get though is why they keep obsessing over landing superstars in trades or free agency. It's not working. They got Dwight and lucked into Harden because of OKC wanting to be frugal. Otherwise they've whiffed on Bosh twice, Melo once, and Dwight once. And the track record is not good in terms of winning. The Rockets since Morey became GM have been in the playoffs 4 times and the lotto 3 times. And they've won only one playoff series. And this season ain't gonna be any different after this move.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

Durant in a year or two: AKA the best chance at winning a ring.

8. vernonmaxwell11

hindsight, would have been smarter to keep parsons for that extra year and still sign someone else up now wouldn't it? we'd have lost him either way.

9. instantno0o0dle

who are we getting though? we've gotten worse this offseason. We only have Dwight for two more years and we just let go of one of the key players that got him here. Yeah it was a huge overpay but only for two years and who are we going to get? No free agents want to come here. We dont have a back up point guard, small forward, or center right now. We don't even have a starting caliber power forward.

10. King901

King901 Member

Everyone is mad and cursing, but the truth it losing parsons does suck but morey is right about the Howard Harden Parsons not being enough to get a championship. And with parsons contract, we wouldn't have had any chance to get anyone good enough to help after we matched. Bosh was they key to keeping parsons and his ridiculous contract, but as melo and bosh have shown, money talks.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

That quote from Dwight is how he feels about Parsons taking the money and leaving.

Not exactly how he feels about the direction this team is going in.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Moery's bottom line is the long term value of the team, not next year's profit and loss, but I can't see how they would discount Howard's preference and how it effects having him here for his career.

13. liveguy

liveguy Member

What good is flexibility when you strike out damn near EVERYTIME you go after a big name UFA or RFA?

May or may not be anyones fault....but the strikeout happens TOO OFTEN to continuously wish on a star.

Years and years and hoping and waiting...you have 2 and thats not enough....

Let the excuses begin.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yup. Exactly this.

15. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

You guys are emotionally overreacting.

Morey has done 2 correct things, (1) he put the Rockets in great position to sign Bosh. And (2) he opted not to overpay for Parsons, which would have handicapped the Rockets.

Parsons is good. He's not 14.7 million good.

16. haydenfisher342

seriously stfu. let me express my displeasure

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would **** my pants if we got Bledsoe. He's one of my favorite players and he'd be a perfect fit.

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

-Two teams in the Rockets division are better now because of Morey.

Dang, Daryl Morey.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You guys remember a year ago when Morey said he wasn't the GM anymore? That he would be stupid to not listen to Dwight and James?

Well.... it would seem that he is stupid.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Hopefully there's a trade in the works... I do NOT feel comfortable about anything right now!