1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Response wasn't aimed at you, never called you a bigot. You are the crybaby remember?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You would have called me a bigot if I weren't Asian.
    Where's your race card now, broooooooo.

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Good player for us, good character guy. Improved his game overtime. May not have reached the value of his contract. His experiance here would help in LA. After playing with a star guard who dominates the ball, he should be better suited to play with Kobe.

Some of his fans will b**** about Kobe like they do Harden now.

4. RedRedemption

The difference is Kobe has massive, massive Kobe only fans. Like people that probably worship him. Can't say the same for Harden.

Lakersground will be a warzone.

5. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

LOL, this is so epic!!!

6. Baltimore

Baltimore Contributing Member

LMFAO!:grin::grin::grin:

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now the lin fans can call the los Angeles Asian fans racist if they think lin sucks tapioca

8. RedRedemption

Kobe fans will probably literally be racist and make horrible racist jokes.

RIP Lakersground

Whogivesa****-2014

9. rocks4life

rocks4life Contributing Member

Didn't know you could categorize most preventable but I'll name a few things that could have changed the series. Harden jacking up less 3s per game and actually giving effort on D, Parson sticking to the one guy everyone knew was getting the ball that could end the series, all those dumb fouls at the three point line, etc. etc. We lost game 1 by 2 and game 6 by 1. One to two possession could have changed the outcome of the series. I don't really care to get into this Lin war since people will never change their minds.

At this point it doesn't really matter since Lin is gone. It is better for both parties involved. Wish Lin luck on his new team and appreciated your hustle/professionalism on the court as well as the community service you provided for Houston. Lets go rockets! Now back to lurker mode.

10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I hear you. I have been a Rockets fan since Yao days, and continue to root for Rockets after Yao injured. Last year I thought Rockets could finally do something special and make some noise in the playoffs. But this free agency had me more disappointed than Lillard's 3 pointer.

What happened to the Rockets organization that use to been high-class that always treated the players well? Morey is a genius in analytics, but he needs much improvement on his people skills to be a good GM. He is just not in the same league as Riley/Pop.

Rockets also had star players that are passionate about the game, works hard, and fun to follow. Yao was the one the hardest working athletes. Now Rockets have Harden, who is one of the most gifted players. But I am not sure how passionate he is about the game. On defense, he put zero effort in it. On offense, he is iso-happy and has tendency to pad stats. He did not improve his game last year at all after he became a star player, and seems to be content with it, and totally disappeared in the playoffs.

Now I have to follow both Rockets and Lakers now. It will be my first year to cheer for the Lakers.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

no, it will be Lakers vs Rockets

And there's a guy named KOBE who is their marque player

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Pizza Hut is not racist

I have seen many asians, black people, mixed people, and europeans eating there

[​IMG]

13. zoids

zoids Member

Thank you Jeremy for wasting valuable 2 years of basketball career here. Hope you have better luck at Lakers and treated the past 2 years as another tough training period to make you stronger and more prepared for your future success.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I like Jeremy Lin and wish him success in the future. He has a great attitude, some good basketball attributes and created one of the great stories in NBA history.

16. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the way Morey handles human beings like numbers.

People are not numbers, it doesn't matter what their contract is, at the end of the day players want to be treated like family. They want to be treated like they can grow with our city and not fear they'll be traded in two-three years. Morey is getting a reputation that he's trigger-happy on trading and the reasons the Spurs are so good is because they keep everyone together for a long period of time. The Rockets have no heart. They're just numbers being crunched.

17. Sommermärchen

Here is from Beverley

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Beverley sounded much more disappointed, &quot;sad&quot; to see Jeremy Lin go than for Rockets to lose out on Bosh. Always a big supporter of Lin.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/488151307715223552">13. Juli 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Morey is the daytrader of the NBA

19. Sommermärchen

@tinman Give it a rest. You sound like a madman on a crusade. you are in fact like a fanatic.

I totally agree that Lin did not live up on his contract, he sometimes played boneheaded, also a no show sometimes. His fans a crazier mob and like you fanatic in extreme fashion.

But this is a appreciation thread and i found you in almost each page of this thread to spread your vitriol.
    Do you have some agenda or just trolling or r u m8, bro:confused:

20. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Good luck Jeremy Lin, finally!