1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I hope Lin goes to LA and becomes a 15ppg/7apg guy. Wish him the best.

But get that Christian persecution bull**** out of here. Like 80 % of the country is Christian and it's the world's most powerful religion.

2. newAge_Rockets

I like Lin as a person, but he could never live up to that contract. Most of us believe that Lin was supposed to be the "face" of the franchise during a dark rebuilding period of Houston basketball, but the Harden trade, Dwight signing, Parsons emergence, Beverley emergence put Lin under great expectations (especially with that contract) to be a key cog in Rockets playoff runs. Sadly he wilted under pressure.

3. theangrycanary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9P3wlmQvoU#t=459

at 7:13 of this video

Magic Johnson has the ball stolen from him with three seconds left in game

four of the finals.

Magic Johnson, one of the greatest basketball players to ever live.. has the

ball stolen in the final seconds of the FINALS.

So enough. I'm so tired of hearing about how Jeremy Lin had the ball stolen

from him. It happens.

4. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

as much as we criticize lin...he had some nice moments that can be appreciated (heck, we have an appreciation thread for guys that don't play).

-one thing that went underlooked this season was that bev went out with his fair share of various random diff injuries. lin stepped in and did 14 ppg in those starts and nearly 5 assists on 44/38/83. not bad.
    -he had a triple double off the bench.
    - he had back to back 30 pt games which includes a game he hit 9 three pointers.
    - he had the huge game off the bench v. the blazers 26 pts including a clutch 3/HUGE 2 pt shot in OT. in fact, us winning that game with lin and harden's heroics was the reason we won the season series and got homecourt (not that it meant **** tho).
    - he followed up that game 4 blunder with a huge game 5 and had some huge buckets in the 3rd which kept portland at bay (with asik, the reason we won that game imho).
    - heck he even had a strong OT in game 3 and saved the ball to kick out to daniels for our game 3 victory, regardless of what happened earlier. he made the plays in the final 5 mins.
    - 12 pts in 28-29 mpg on 57% ts is not bad for a bench player/occasional starter. imo too much criticism is pointed at a bench player who at the very worst is average off the bench.
    - he finished the season post all-star break 2 years ago very strong. 15/6 on 56% ts in only 31 mpg.
    - 38 pts v. the spurs was a cool game even though we lost. shoulda had that game iirc...up like 9 in the 4th.
    - the 29 pt game v. okc with harden's 46 was awesome. right after the trade, short of bodies and just a magical game by both harden and lin, especially down the stretch to win the game. def one of the most fun RS games past couple season imo (tho moreso of harden, but lin shouldnt be discredited there).

i know i'll prob get criticized for this post w/ a bunch of hate posts, be called a LOF because i don't blame lin solely for all the teams failures. i know lin had his lows as well and isn't on a desirable contract...but this is an appreciation thread. and for a guy that's playing PG to be in a role where he's forced to be off the ball - which isn't really his game, with some shuffling to starting/coming off the bench...then well, it coulda been worse. thx lin. wish you the best in LA. but not too much...cuz well it's LA. :D

5. rocks4life

rocks4life Contributing Member

This one is similar to the turnover by lin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjg9zoi0jPc

And lets not forget about Chris Paul's turnovers during the playoffs. Everybody makes mistakes so quit acting like Lin is the ONLY reason why we lost the series. Bad coaching, refs, Harden's shooting, Beverley's non-existance on offense, TJ's defense, Parson's second half disappearing act, and yes Lin TOs did us in.

6. Neped

Neped Member

Can't wait to see these two play against each other. I wonder who will score more points, have more steals etc.. Anyways I think they were good buddies and will always be good friends.

7. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I never understood why folks blaming Lin for the Portland loss. Face it, stop blaming your bench player. Blame the MAX player who only bothered to show up in game 6, and still managed to lose a 2 pointer lead with 0.9 seconds left.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who cares?
    When the Rockets play the Lakers the head to head matchup to watch will not be Lin vs Bev. Lol.

9. RedRedemption

I blame both. Hell I blame everyone on the team except Dwight Howard.
    Jones disappeared. Parsons only played for one out of two halves of each game. Harden went back to passive b**** mode. Chef Lin and his turnovers. Garcia just flat out sucks, retire old man. **** Beverley's knees for hurting his lateral quickness!

10. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Face it. If Harden just bothered to show up and not let Mathew b****-slap him every game from Game 1 to Game 5, Rockets would have handsomely won the series. Everybody else did their job. Well, McHale is who he is, he is not Pop.

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Harden is the anti-TMac. TMac steps up his game in the playoffs. Harden disappears in the playoffs. If Rockets don't get a coach to get hold Harden accountable for his defense, and get out of the iso-happy offense, Rockets will not contend no matter how much Morey massages the roster.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Look at everything you listed that caused the 1st round elimination and tell me which one was the most preventable. That's right, Jeremy Lin's crunch time turnovers/decision-making.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I blame you and every other crybaby b**** pretending to be a Rockets fan. It's just like a marriage, you take the good AND the bad, forever til death do us part.

But you just keep crying, blaming and b****ing.

14. RedRedemption

I'm sorry. Didn't realize criticism meant I hated those players.
    I totally forgot Harden's great clutch performances against the Blazers in every game of the series and how he carried us to the finals and singlehandedly demolished the Heat to win the title!

Oh wait, that didn't happen.
    I still believe in every single player, outside of Lin and he's gone, thank god.

I really hope you weren't one of those ride or die Tracy McGrady fans that continued to support him when he hit super rock bottom after his knee surgery.

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol because it will be Lin vs Rockets

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone knows who is the worthless poster, and deep down so do you. Racism, hate, ignorance - whatever excuse you want to use or accept, because why else are you on here vomiting diarrhea on f'ing APPRECIATION thread???

Because you have some hatred, jealousy or fear, your pitiful lashings out against a player that gave it his all for a team that I root for. Lin is no longer a Rocket so this is the last place I will mention him, but your bigotry towards this player is a mile high and lit with neon lights, pathetic.

Tinman is at least legally r****ded, but what is your excuse?

17. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Jeremy Lin, the city of Houston doesn't deserve you. We put you in a situation where you weren't able to give us your best and too many of us were blinded by your contract to judge you fairly. You are capable of scoring over 20 points per night on a team where you are the focal point. Are you a great player? No, you're not, but it's not your fault you negotiated a kickass contract. Everybody who criticized you would have taken that contract too.

I'm going to most likely end my 20+ years as a Rockets fan now and just be a fan of the NBA. I don't like what the front office has done and I long for the days when I actually liked the players and coaches on the team regardless of record.

On an unrelated note, Milk Hair's gotta go.

I'll be following Linsanity on the Lakers. My first year cheering for LA.

18. RedRedemption

Ugh.
    You're probably right.

Fans around the league are probably going to salivate for Lin to drop 70 and hit a game winner and kill Bev or something.

19. RedRedemption

I'm Asian and I dislike Lin as a player (don't mind him as a person). Where is your race card now, broooooooo.
    Or are you going to move the goalposts and call me a r****d?

20. goose

goose Member

Will miss you J-Lin! If anything, you're an inspiration to a lot of us out here! (Especially us Asian American wanna-be ballers.. lol). Keep doing your thing man.