1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden for Kevin Love if need be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 18, 2014.

?

Would you trade Harden for Love?

1. Yes, I would do anything for Love.

22.8%
  2. No, I won't do that.

77.2%
  1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can we trade Carl to Lakersground as well with all the LOFs? It would definitely make this offseason an absolute success in the eyes of 90% of Clutchfans.

1 person likes this.
  2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I think people really under estimate how bad Harden's defense is, if he doesn't improve on that end, as long as opponent has a shooter, we will have a hard time in playoff games.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ariza played nearly 100 percent of his minutes at SF last year. He's a small forward. I'd love to get Love but you HAVE to have at least 1 all star plus level PG/SG on your roster... So where would that come from?

4. instantno0o0dle

Honestly... we have a HUGE hole at power forward... I wouldn't have done it before but I definitely would do it now if Love agrees to an extension beforehand.

Beverly
    Ariza
    Parsons
    Love
    Howard

Not bad??

5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

If we were going that route, i would have wanted lance Stevenson...

Bev
    Stevenson
    Parsons
    Love
    Howard

All of a sudden our backcourt is a defensive beast.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We would have nobody who could create on offense, unless we could also get Rubio out of that trade.

Hell if were trading Harden for disgruntled Love, who was about to go for Thompson and Lee then we better get Rubio as well.

Rubio
    Ariza
    Parsons
    Love
    Howard

Is tempting, but it would be moronic to trade Harden, a 24 year old superstar. Love is a 25 year old superstar, but he has missed nearly 20% of his career due to injuries. I wouldn't do it.

7. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

No. I would have traded Harden if it meant we could get both LeBron and Melo here, but we all knew that wouldn't happen because those guys, especially LeBron would never play with Dwight. Cyberx already told us how most guys in the league feel about dwight. He's not respected.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden for Love?

LOL

Who is going to be your primary ball handler? Bev? Ariza? Parsons? LMAO

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rubio....

Got to admit, Rubio + Love for Harden is tempting.

I believe the T'wolves would do it too, for Harden who would be locked in until the 2016-17 season.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure if you want to have the worst guard rotation in the league.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I KNOW that people highly underestimate his overall net production despite his crap defense.

As far as wing types go it's Lebron, Durant then Harden on offense and he's not THAT far off from them.

Despite his defense many knowledgable NBA guys still consider him a top 10-15 talent overall.

Hell even in that recent Nate Silver Lebron projections article he had Harden close to Lebron and miles ahead of Dwight in terms of net point production and wins added and the tone around here would suggest Dwight is our "only real superstar".

I understand that the defense video and the playoffs have really soured people around here on Harden, but it's gone way too far. We are extremely lucky to have him.

As far as for Love, with the way the contracts are it would have to be Love plus a quality asset or two coming back. Still wouldn't do it if it were my call, but I couldn't argue with that haul.

12. pass_to_Hakeem

**** NO!!!!!!!!! Why???????? Some of these post can't be serious!!!

Quick poll: was Yao better or wise than Chuck Hayes?

Quick poll: would you trade Howard + Ariza for Boozer?

SmDh!!

13. pass_to_Hakeem

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes, Harden is a special talent and losing him hurts, but

1) Kevin Love is also a VERY special talent who can score in a variety of ways-- the guy averaged 26.1 ppg, 4.4 APG and got to the FT line 8 times per game-- having him on the court will be a HUGE plus for the team.

2) Dwight Howard is also no slouch offensively (even if he is flawed and can be frustrating to watch). Parsons and Beverley can probably do more on that end of the floor than they are currently asked to do.

4) There are opportunities to find a perimeter creator-- not one as good as Harden, but good enough to keep that offense top notch. Lance Stephenson is one possibility. Perhaps we can throw enough assets at PHX to convince them to trade us Goran Dragic (he has only one more year left on his deal before he can opt out and either leave or get paid big, PHX just added Isaiah Thomas and is about to pay Eric Bledsoe on a long-term deal)? Maybe even someone like DJ Augustin-- who had a really good offensive season for the Bulls.

I am not saying that Harden isn't special, not at all. But it's generally harder to find "bigs" than it is to find "smalls." For a brief moment at the start of free agency, it wasn't the case (with Bosh, etc. on the market) but it is the case now.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Isnt Love the worst defensive PF in the league?

Harden is awful, but not worst in position, and at least has the tools to be good in that area.

Harden is far and away a superior player to Love. Only a moron would start this thread. Oh wait, CH started it. Case in point.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I would have if we had signed Melo.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You have to at least consider it given Harden's defense (or lack thereof) and his disappearing acts in the playoffs.

Yes I know Love does not play defense either but Dwight can provide him help in the frontline.

The problem of course is that Harden is the teams best facilitator on offense which you dont get with Love. I am not talking about individual scoring but setting up teammates with open looks.

#197 Zboy, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  18. FaBo

FaBo Member

Man, this Free Agency really seems to be messing with some of y'all's brains. Even if a Harden-Love trade made sense from a basketball perspective, it wouldn't happen. Harden was signed to be the face of our franchise, our superstar player for years to come. What message would that send? "Yeah, we signed you to be our franchise player, but we'll trade your ass anyway". Right.
    Unless, for some odd reason, Harden demands a trade at some point in the future, it will not happen. There's no point in talking about it.

19. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Lin is gone, and your strawman argument about LOF aren't going to fly anymore.

20. Remii

Remii Member

So you want to trade one guy who doesn't play defense for another... Lol. It's a reason Love is trying to get to the east...