1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We just lost Lin, Asik, and Chandler for nothing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchize, Jul 11, 2014.

1. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

This, except I would say we made a commitment to trade Asik.

2. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Clutch might not be happy because the traffic will be less to this site.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We haven't lost Parsons yet, still have until Sunday night to match his offer. We will upgrade our bench by hopefully adding players like Jordan Crawford, Nzar Mohammed, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Mo Williams and Humphreys . We still have a shot at players like Rondo, Deng, Gasol and Love.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think the traffic on CF will be just fine. Clutchfans (previously ClutchCity) has been the number 1 fan site on the web for a long long time. Personally, I think Clutch is thrilled that JLin is gone (just my opinion), I know I sure am.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I have no idea what you guys talking about. Did Houston pay him the whole 25M already?

Rox paid him 10M total for two season's basketball and he played 1.5 season's starting PG and averaged 12pts per game as 4th-5th options. That was pretty good production for 5M per year.

Now Rox want Lakers to over paid him, 15M for one year's services, and ppl still complained about having to send a draft pick, non-stop. LOL.

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You cannot let personal feelings get in your way maintaining a professional fanpage. ;)

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This site was on bumping before Lin and will continue to thrive long after Lin.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Me, he is getting market price.

DD

9. bongman

bongman Member

The complaint is probably stemming from the comparison to the Asik trade. With Asik, we can possibly gain a high lottery pick while we lose a pick with Lin. Huge difference.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Likewise.

He will be worth his contract in Dallas and will be a foundation guy for the future. I don't think it's right to let him leave to a division team for nothing.

Parsons brings intangibles to this team and is a glue guy. He is not worth losing and replacing with Ariza or Deng.

I really hope we don't make this mistake.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Asik is only a backup because we have the best 5 in the league. On any other team (except Chicago, Detroit and Sacramento), he'd be the starting center.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oops. ^ Meant to ask, is Sunday the last day for FA?

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Additionally, his 15M wont look so bad when/if the cap rises to 80M as has been predicted.

14. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

The market can overpay though. We have no choice but to bring him back. I'll be shocked if we don't even though its a very large contract. He'll likely get the Lin treatment if he doesn't perform up to expectations.

15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

It makes you wonder though if Chandler will still bring his "intangibles" now that he got paid.

16. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Cross Carter off that list

17. herro

herro Member

Market value, not price, is reliant upon perception and often flawed.

Chandler Parsons is a great player, but he is overvalued at 3 years/$46M.

18. Amir's Johnson

I hope we lose Parsons. That guy is a..douche.

19. Twin_Towers

Twin_Towers Member

We have Beverly, who IS better than Lin. Also we have Nick Johnson, who will be better than Lin. I would trust Beverly, Johnson OR Canaan with the ball before Lin. Lin makes bad decision after bad decision, and usually at key moments in our season (like the final moments of playoff games which we are leading).

Clearly you are a LOF.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's not the coolest dude I've ever met when out I'll give you that. Least favorite rocket I've seen out, Patterson was by far the coolest.