1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Van Dummy will ruin the Rockets!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by costashater2, Jun 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. costashater2

costashater2 Member

I cant believe the Rockets hired this quitter, It just makes no sense and it shows how poor of a job the management is doing. The west is wide open offensive ball not slow down hack and wack ball. Jeff Van Dummy is a joke of a coach, He was a key factor why the NBA games became so physical in the 90's. Gundy is bad for basketball and 100 times for the Rockets. I now can honestly say the Rockets will not make the playoffs for a minimum of 5 years or until they fire Gundy. The chant now is Fire Gundy, Fire Gundy!!!!!!

WHAT A JOKE I CANT BELIEVE WHAT THE ROCKETS ORGANIZATION HAS TURNED INTO!!!!!!

2. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Can you pass me that bong costashater2?

3. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Sounds like you quit on him before he has even begun his job.

Who would you rather have, Dunleavy?!?!

He's young, he brings a GREAT defensive mindest, and best of all, HE'S YOUNG.

This isn't the end of the organization; if anything it's a new beginning, costaquitter.

Here's a tip: Get a life before you start acting like an idiot. I don't foresee you being here much longer.

4. SLA

SLA Member

You should have said this earlier in my "Why we should not hire Jeff Van Gundy" thread!

Too late!

He is our coach!

Wide open offensive ball?!? What teams are like that??????

lol...well it will be funny..in one year...IF people are goin, "FIRE VAN GUNDY!"

And also...Mr. Mooch is right.

YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE DUNLEAVY?!?

5. yao ming

yao ming Contributing Member

Yep, the Rockets sure are fools for hiring the coach with the best winning percentage of all of the candidates (including Larry Brown), despite the fact that his teams were often overmatched talentwise. And to think that they wanted someone who would instill discipline in the free-wheeling playground style that our guys are so used to. And can you believe that they would go out and hire one of the hardest working coaches in the league who is know to take losing very personally. What a stupid mistake! What were the Rockets thinking? :p

6. Bullard's Ghost

I always thought Rudy T was a lot more responsible for slow ball than any other coach in the 90's. And we won two championships with it. Yeah, things are more wide open but then, how do you explain the Spurs?

I wanted Dunlevy, I thought he could provide the ballence that we needed however, I'm excited that we got Van Gundy. (even more so since he's my age!) Give him a chance. I'm a big Rudy T fan but times were changing and I had to come to the painful conclusion that my hero was not. Van Gundy has sat on the side for two years - who knows what he'll do.

7. matrixReloaded

dude, lighten up and give him at least a chance to prove his worth. he was a good coach for an lack-of-talent knicks team ... never finished below .500 except for the season that he resigned from the team ... y not wait until the season to start before you pass judgement.

8. costashater2

costashater2 Member

Mr Mooch, That makes a lot of sense saying get a life before
    you start acting like an idiot....Hmm did you think of that yourself or did you get off adummy card, No better yet maybe I should think like you but I might start acting like a moron. Wow you are truly a clever poster!!! Did you think of that all by your little self.

BRAVO MR MOOCH BRAVO

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Don't knock it, till you try it!!

10. because24

because24 Member

First of all the Rockets will make the Playoffs.

Secondly the only thing that is true about what you stated is that JVG is a quitter. I know you JVG fans don't want to hear it, but its' stated how the Knicks will want compensation because of bitter feelings that they have against JVG of how he just left 19 games in the season.

The Sixers didn't ask for anything from Detroit when Brown was required, (and he had 2yrs left on his contract) because he left in a professional and dignified manner; JVG did not.

If JVG left the Rockets in the same manner he left the Knicks he would be hated more than Pippen on this board.

11. yao ming

yao ming Contributing Member

Yep, the Rockets sure are fools for hiring the coach with the best winning percentage of all of the candidates (including Larry Brown), despite the fact that his teams were often overmatched talentwise. And to think that they wanted someone who would instill discipline in the free-wheeling playground style that our guys are so used to. And can you believe that they would go out and hire one of the hardest working coaches in the league who is know to take losing very personally. What a stupid mistake! What were the Rockets thinking? :p

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The Rockets organization is a joke and you would be a fool to stay a fan of this team and continue to post on this message board.

13. red

red Contributing Member

once again id like to take this time and thank clutch for the ignore list...67 strong and growing.

14. munco

munco Member

welcome to my signature. good luck.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually the season he resigned, they were exactly at .500 when he decided to quit. The team was actually on a roll but JVG just thought the pressure was getting to him and left. The team then took a nose dive the rest of the season. Kind of a testament on JVG's coaching ability just by looking at the knicks with and without him.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Get over it, the guy is our coach now, deal with it.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Actually, I heard somewhere ( I think it was Rick Bucher, ESPN) that Brown's contract allowed him to leave for a better job without compensation.

That would make more sense. I don't see a professional sports team walking away from a chance at some form of compensation. It would be unprofessional.

18. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I have not met a Knicks fan that hates JVG. The reason the Knicks want compensation is because they are greedy and are now very poorly run.

19. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

He'll have a honeymoon. Then it will be Steve's fault. Finally he'll be run outta town...

20. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member