1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Bosh catastrophe: Do we match Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jul 11, 2014.

Tags:
?

Match Parsons?

1. Yes.

36.4%
  2. No.

63.6%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed on this. It really all depends on if the poster thinks Parsons is worth the money or not in the end. If he does prove to be worth it then he's still very tradeable, I just doubt it is the case I guess.

I don't think it's about giving up though, I think it is about remaining flexible and not really overpaying for players which is the worst thing you can do as a GM in this league.

A lot of teams get stuck because they have overpaid players and can't get rid of them easily.

I think Parsons at that price is over paying for him I guess. Not about giving up next year, I still think we can go after guys like ARiza whose a great starting player that plays better defense (something we need) would be just as good.

Just my opinion, not about giving up. I just worry about how flexible signing Parsons at this price leaves us.

2. Anticope

Anticope Member

I can't believe how overwhelmingly people want to just let Parsons go. All so that we can have flexibility in chasing after another superstar after just getting burned so badly. I want to see if this team can add anyone with the money we have freed up before matching Parsons (or after with the various exceptions) and I want to see this team improve after winning 54 games in the first year of playing together with this core. The attitude of letting him go in hopes of getting a superstar next year is mind boggling.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

The Parsons contract is ridiculous, but the Rockets still need to match it.

Do we really want to waste another year of Howard's prime wishing upon a star? Who exactly do we think we can get a year from now anyhow? Love and Rondo will be traded this year and if they are traded to a good situation they won't be on the market anyhow.

We need to obtain a couple of good players and then match Parsons because we if we have another big move to make, it will be via trade. The time for worrying about cap space is over.

Lin and Asik also played a big role on this team last year and they need to be replaced. I don't see how that is possible if we also have to try to replace Parsons.

Losing the chance to have an unstoppable super team was painful, but we have to deal with reality and that means changing our approach.

4. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

Morey might have to sign 2 players for 2 years and go over the cap to retain Parson. So he would have 2 expiring contracts to trade next year, without giving up core players. Who knows next year someone might regret the signing today and want out.

5. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

what a blow

For a couple hours there I was so happy I could hardly sit still to work. Should have known the Heat would max Bosh and he'd go with the most money sjnce he already has a couple rings. Now he gets to be the man in a team that isn't good enough to get another but he gets paid so he's good. 48 hours to sign at least a couple vets and bring back CP or cut him lose and pray we can get the same vets we need with him gone. Its a big gamble either way. Can't wait to see what the next two days bring but no matter what it won't be as good as bosh + parsons. Thrilled we didn't bring in Carmello though.