1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is mad he took the money. We're mad he played us. He most likely lied which is why we unloaded Lin for nothing. Not a Lin fan but muarrry said we would wait for a commitment

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I knew this was going to happen.
    Our fan base are little homer Pretentious b****es

1 person likes this.
  3. Karolik

Karolik Member

The thunder and Lakers played defense.

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I'm sure you know, hell the Rockets might as well not even play next season.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well not many are happy with the coach, still though. Dwight can be a great player by himself.

Nothing wrong with him thinking that him and James is enough any ways.

6. mazinger

mazinger Member

You did take less to come to Houston to win. Respect ++

1 person likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

**** this ****.
    I'm mad. Hopefully Howard and Harden are mad too. Time to get our ****ing revenge on this corrupt league and all those greedy money obsessed pieces of **** in it.

Harden please. Summon something inside you and elevate to superstar status. Howard please summon your inner Hakeem. Please!!!

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's not blind faith. I've been a sports fan for over 25 years. I've experienced the ups, and I've experienced the downs. I was THERE in the Summit when the Rockets won Game 7 of the NBA Finals. I was THERE in Minute Maid Park when Albert Pujols hit The Homerun in Game 5 of the NLCS. I understand what it takes to succeed, and what it takes to fail. When I see Morey, I see somebody who is willing to take risks the size of Texas if it means there's a chance Houston will get another championship. Sometimes we fall, but it's all about how you get up that defines you.

There's no question that Bosh gutted this team and this city by his decision today, but it's now time to get our heads up, and figure out what to do in the aftermath. The question I asked was out of emotional despair. It truly does feel like Houston as a city gets the short end of the stick far more often than other MAJOR sports towns. However, I hope (and believe) that Morey will not let this be a defining moment in his career. There are other battles to be fought, and other battles to be won.

He's cold, and calculating. You say those like they are bad things. Would you rather have a GM that makes decisions based on emotion? The fact that we can still come out of this with a feasible plan going forward should tell you that he has PLANS. He has a contingency for a contingency. I'd prefer that over somebody who signs middling player after middling player hoping for a glimmer of hope to come falling from the skies. Like I said earlier, IN MOREY I TRUST.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Fool me once...

Bosh never wanted to come here. Not the first time and definitely not now. He wants to be the man now. Not some "3rd star" anymore.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't begin to presume I know all of Morey's plans. I'm sure he has a number of contention plans and irons in the fire.

I'm also not convinced that Morey would give up Lin and two picks based on Bosh giving a verbal agreement that he'd sign with Houston for sure. If Bosh was for sure going to sign, why didn't he just sign?

I don't believe that Morey would make that trade unless he had two more plans one of which would involve the Rockets getting Bosh, and one based on the Rockets not getting Bosh.

I'm also not saying the rumor of Bosh giving the verbal commitment is untrue. There is no way to know whether it was true or not based on the information available.

11. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

12. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

It sucks to see us getting spurned by Bosh but I think it's a blessing in disguise for us. It was exciting to think of how great a starting 5 we would've had but it's still the off-season and other options may still be in play.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Bosh is a punk. Unbelievable.

Horrible day for the Rockets. We put all of our eggs in one basket for this guy and he backs out. Just like that we went from a legit contending team for the next few years to a solid team with no upward mobility.

We will be lucky to reach last year's win total.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that thought we were getting Bosh is in some bad drugs or ate some bad paint chips. He was never coming here! We have a better chance of getting Durant over any of them.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey dodged a bullet with him

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Bosh didn't sign because last thing we heard from Woj was that he was going to sign soon. During that time I'm sure Riley contacted him and made him think twice about it.

Also...we better hope the latter is true.

17. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I'm really behind...so does this mean we are very likely to retain Parsons?

Or is Houston still heavily after Melo?

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The trades needed to be made in order for the signing to take place.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree, without a doubt Morey had other plans in case Bosh didn't sign. Asik, and Lin were both gone, and didn't want to be here anymore. Morey still has moves to make, although they more than likely won't be as good as having Bosh. I really doubt that he just made these moves not knowing what he was doing, and made a big mistake.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dwight makes it all real

Rocket River
    feeling better .. . .

1 person likes this.