1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Morey do now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

We need a freakin 4 and 3 that can defend and shoot outside.

2. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

I love your optimism

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup RR, that is a realistic scenario.

4. solodolo

solodolo Member

Sign me for the league minimum .

My jumpshot has improved .

5. newAge_Rockets

How about Anderson from NOLA? He can shoot from outside! As for the defense...:rolleyes:

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Did you watch the playoffs? We're not a contender with him

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Trigonometry....this calculus stuff is too complicated a math.

8. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I'm bummed by the fact that we weren't able to sign Bosh but some of you guys are being a bit too dramatic and/or reaching a lil too deep to fight for, what is effectively, scraps. The drop off of talent after Bosh is pretty severe and none are worth their asking price seeing as how the marketplace is shaping up.

I wouldn't sign the likes of Ariza and Deng if their asking price would effectively be close to, if not equal to, resigning Parsons. If that's the case, I'd just resign Parsons.

I'm especially wary of (re)signing Ariza on a contract season. If anyone can be bothered to check, Ariza wasn't even on the radar prior to this contract season. His game even regressed for the most part after we traded him. In the off chance he's actually being considered by our FO, I'm just hoping his contract is in the ~8m/2-3yr range so we can easily dump him when the time comes.

Most people still high on the loss of Bosh would probably hate my suggestion but, I think it's time to shore up on specialty players that can be had for a favorable contract keeping us flexible when real impact players are available. No point in fighting for the scraps now. We missed our target players. That doesn't mean we hamstring ourselves moving forward with leftovers.

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

5th best record in the nba, but I guess you just want to give up on the season.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup as old as our team is, there's no way they'll get any better with more time and experience.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

So we've lost, Asik, Lin and perhaps Parsons and Daniels, and gotten nothing in return other than an exchange of 1st round picks?

This offseason has been an utter disaster.

12. mario_v

mario_v Member

Finally, a rational thinker. Everyone thinks the sky is falling.

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You're joking right?

14. pakattak

pakattak Member

Yeah but that was with Lin and Asik on the bench. As bad as their contracts were, that was some pretty good talent that we lost. Without some sort of signing, we're going to be worse than we were last year.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3 way trade

Dragic, Ajinca to houston
    Gordon, Jones to suns
    Asik, Goodwin to new orleans

Cyber, 4Christ guy or whoever, get this trade idea to Morey and the front office. It's too perfect to fail :p

16. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

The rest of the league is playing chess now. Morey went back to checker.

When I started criticizing McHale, some backlash from McHale apologists. Now they don't exist anymore.

Then I started criticizing Morey after trade deadline, the repercussion was unbearable. I used to be a HUGE Morey supporter but some of you need to smell the coffee and stop taking his words like the 11th Amendments that's etched in stone. Morey is not a championship GM.

I will say this again. D12 is the ONLY championship piece going forward; everyone else is expendable, including MOREY!

17. munco

munco Member

Firing McHale is the best offseason move we could make but it's definitely not happening.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Odom?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>July 11, 2014-NYK President Phil Jackson announced today that the team has waived forward Lamar Odom.</p>&mdash; NY_KnicksPR (@NY_KnicksPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/NY_KnicksPR/statuses/487750650378592256">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I really want this team to go get Rondo. Even if it takes us taking back Gerald Wallace's contract I think I would do it. He brings the mental toughness, the championship experience, and even the defense that this team absolutely needs.

20. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

Noooo