1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

He can't hold the power forwards over here. They run him. And Howard doesn't matter because those dudes do more than dunk. Other people have to do their job, can't expect Howard to do everything. But those guys eat up everybody and people get mad at TJ...Lol...

I think we dodged a bullet.

2. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

All those tweets and what not. People/'insiders'/reporters tweeting what they hear people talk about while waiting in line somewhere.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My mistake was assuming that Bosh was interested in winning. Clearly, he is not. He's only interested in the money now. May you choke on it, chump, in the miserable seasons to come.

4. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

What Morey essentially did was go big or go home move. My only concern is that you only do these kind of moves when you are severely disadvantageous. You have 2 franchise player. Why the f do you still do a go big or go home move?

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

not sure if i saw this, but is bosh now the highest paid player in the NBA?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Bosh’s choice is a disaster for Houston, which gave away Jeremy Lin and a first-round pick to the Lakers to lustily open up the final chunk of cap space for Bosh. He would have fit perfectly alongside Dwight Howard and James Harden, but Bosh likes life in Miami, and he has surely seen the YouTube videos of Harden’s defense. At least Houston nabbed an extra pick, one that could fall in the lottery, in their other cap-clearing move — the trade of Omer Asik to New Orleans.

The Rockets will be sitting on max-level cap space for about 36 more hours, when the deadline arrives by which they must match Dallas’s monster three-year, $45 million offer sheet on Chandler Parsons. Houston allowed Parsons to become a free agent one year earlier than necessary, a move that had the whole league assuming the Rockets and Parsons had an unofficial agreement in how Parsons would navigate free agency. That doesn’t appear to have been the case, and it’s possible that Houston has badly misplayed its hand here, even if letting Parsons into the market a year early was a wink-wink reward for helping Houston land Dwight Howard; Parsons and Howard have the same agent.

You can bet Daryl Morey will work his ass off to sign someone into that space while it lasts, even if he has to overpay a bit. He’s in desperation mode now, having tossed away time, players, and draft picks in the Bosh chase. Nabbing Bosh would have put Houston right alongside San Antonio and Oklahoma City in the Western Conference hierarchy. They’ll still be a very good team without him, and they could still have a chunk of cap space even if they don’t manage to sign a free agent before matching Parsons’s $15 million deal.

But the West is a bloodbath. Bosh could have put them over the top.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-aftermath-miami-heat/[/rQUOTEr]

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Kobe.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Disastrous. I don't even know what we do. All I know is next season isn't even remotely as exciting as it was a day ago.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Welp lol I took a nap, now this, what a crappy feeling

I don't know what happens now, either suck it up, don't sign anyone and then swing for FA 2015 which is risky considering Dwight might leave

or sign any scraps we can and then match Chandler to try to contend.

either way, feels bad mang

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Then Melo whenever he signs.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

While paying me more money than every other team is willing to? And develop my skills so that I can make more money later in life?

Yes, I'd rather be a 2nd round pick for the Rockets, knowing that I can enter a team that would help me improve and get a nice, fat second contract, as opposed to be a 2nd round pick for the Wolves, who'll likely just stick me at the end of the bench, and make me worthless in 2 years.

12. verysimplejason

It sucks to be Morey. Murphy's law. Karma is a b****.

1 person likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've got that pit in your stomach that you get when you have a bad break-up, or you just bombed a test. You know life will go on, and things will be much brighter, but right now, in this moment, life as a Rockets fan is abysmal. It feels like NOBODY (outside of Dwight) WANTS to be here, and we as an organization and fanbase can't convince them that this is a great place to play. I'm not sure what it's going to take to move on from this, but I have faith that Daryl Morey will find a way. In Morey We Trust.

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Good for you guys! When you treat humans like ****. This is what happens

15. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

When you treat humans like ****t, this is what happens!

16. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Don't you have a lakers board you should be reporting to?

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Goodbye LOF. You won't be missed.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Time to add another one.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

Treat humans like *****?

You mean like how we gave Jeremy Lin $25 million dollars (far more than he's worth, and far more than anyone else was paying) and then traded him to the most storied franchise in sports?

Get off this forum. Your idiocy is giving me migraines.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Time to add another one.