1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Note to Morey: Your going about this wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Jun 16, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You know I love you Band, but more substance pls. I think your points about Mchale and Morey are tarded too.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We are only relevant because of Morey

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Exactly. Its also hilarious to see everybody make excuses now. We have been saying this for so long, and they conveniently forget with responses like "Your Morey points are just r****ded!"

4. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

No risk, no reward

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Nah I've read your reasonings. They don't offer much. These topics have nothing to do with McHale. You're so hung up on the fact that you dislike McHale that you ignore the fact that this roster is at near (not there yet obviously) contender level due to shrewd GM'ing. Nothing to do with blind faith. We've all seen it materialize in the past few years. Getting two superstars after Tmac and Yao went down is nothing to scoff at.

Look at Utah after deron and boozer left. They haven't gotten any superstars back. Cleveland was nowhere until they got Lebron back due to hometown sentimentality. The GM played no part in that. How's Orlando been doing since they lost their superstar, Dwight? Not good.

Getting superstars and creating a team is not as simple as you seemingly think it is. Your opinions on this subject are over simplified.

Also, I'm pretty sure Les and Morey care more about this team than you give them credit for. So not sure what the point of saying some of us care more about the team than a cool GM means. That statement is meaningless.

1 person likes this.
  6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

morey did jump the gun on this one. Could have waited until bosh comitted and THEN trading off asik and lin

7. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

When one door closes another opens. Bosh going back to Miami was always a risk, and something that Morey would have considered. Sometimes you have to take calculated risks to win big. There's only one NBA champion a year. You either win it all, or you lose.

As a Rockets fan, I'm disappointed, but I wouldn't put blame on our GM for taking calculated risks and trying his best to improve our team.

I think the best course of action would be to decline Parson's option and keep our cap flexibility. We still have two superstars to build around. It's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, I think it would have made more sense for the Heat to blow it up with Lebron leaving. They have no realistic chance of winning a title now. Also, I think Sam Hinkie is a genius with what he's doing with the Sixers right now. They'll be a very very good team in a few years.

8. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Roof's starting to cave in on the house that Morey built...

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Wasted draft picks and trades....

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Folks blame Bosh. But we should've been trying to fill holes, NOT chasing other stars. This was the worst possible scenario and now it's reality. Morey did not need to swing for the fences but got greedy and it backfired. This offseason has been a FAILURE

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

DudeWah, I respected how you backed out after we went pages on Mchale VS Adelman saying you would reserve your opinion for later. You got owned and I didn't bump the thread a second time after you said that. The only reason I'm bringing it up is because your blanket response for not liking the results is that you disagree with my reasoning. I'm glad its known now, because quite frankly I just waste my time typing stuff like that out. You're a good fan and we root for the same cause --rocket success, I didn't mean to question that. We disagree upon things and will continue to disagree at the end of the day by the way things have gone. I'll leave at best of luck to the rockets.

12. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I dont think its morey you have to worry about. What are Howard and Harden thinking

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Howard is staying calm and letting everyone fly their own planes. The dude should have hounded Carmelo to come like Noah did.

Harden is worrying what song the DJ is gonna play next.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It looks to me like your jumping the gun. We have until Sunday, I think something good will happen, and we will be better than last year.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'm sure you'd say regardless of what circumstances were:rolleyes:

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's not a problem!
    Morey is aggressive to do some big things, and he must go to do big sth.
    Lebron has gone! Bosh has gone!
    But Morey still has chance to something.
    The world is changing everyday!

17. bball1217

bball1217 Member

Relax, all hope is not lost...

Lin and Asik weren't going to play with this team next year no matter what. We got a $8.3 million TPE and a 1st round pick guaranteed to be in 4-19 range. Yes, we lost our own pick, but that will still be in the mid-high 20s range. We still have options.

We can still sign a FA using this cap room and match Parsons. Example: Deng for $12 million/yr. and then match Parsons; ideally we do S&T for Deng (who Cavs don't want) and just give up a future second round pick (we have a few of them). This can be done with a number of free agents out there. Then we still have MLE and BAE and $8.3 million TPE to add players and improve this team. OR just match Parsons and still have those 3 assets available working over the cap, like Bima explained.

We have assets (NOP pick, international prospects, non-guaranteed contracts) to let Morey make trades and improve this team.

Also, IF Howard and Parsons opt out in 2016 like Dan Fegan has set them up to do and probably will push them to do once the time comes, Rockets can have a chance to go after Kevin Durant if he decides to leave OKC. Harden will still be under contract for two more years and those two guys remain close friends.

Yes, this is a blow to winning now, but the Rockets will still have a very competitive team the next two seasons with a chance in 2016 to make a major move in FA. We have good assets and a good future still, just remain optimistic. Also, 2016 should be a crazy offseason as well because its the last one under the current CBA.

18. HTM

HTM Member

They are locked into long term deals.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

All the reports suggested that Bosh had already committed to Houston if LeBron left. I'm guessing Morey got that commitment. But just like in college recruiting, players have a right to de-commit. Apparently "Mrs. Bosh" got in the way of it this time around because of her love for Miami.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You want to spend $27M on two players that play the same position?