1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

Thank you Lin for your years in Houston. Great player, but a better person. Fan for life!

2. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

Lin Only Fan

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I can't escape the Lin Fans.... damnit.

4. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Lin's fans brought a lot more criticism than Lin personally deserved on him. I'm sure he will have better numbers as likely one of the Lakers primary scoring options. Good luck to him any time he isn't playing the Rockets.

5. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Lin gets a lot of hate but he played hard and had some good games for us. I really hope he does well in LA.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This. Lin was a pro and gave it his all. Best of wishes to him in LA.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

He wasn't just any player. Good or bad he had a big impact on the team in many ways. It's not like he's a Summer League castoff.

Personally I was mostly frustrated with him because I think he has a lot of potential and it was just never realized during the time he was here, for various reasons. He got paired up with Harden, which just didn't work. Then he got put in charge of our not very deep bench. And part of the reason the bench wasn't deep was he kept sucking it up with his turnovers and boneheaded decisions. But when he was on, he was a good player. He started last year very strong and I thought it'd be his breakout year. But alas it was not to be.

I wish him the best.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I really like Jeremy Lin. Hard to find players that are good people and I enjoy rooting for good people.

I genuinely wish him nothing but the best and hope he has a long successful career.

My other thread expresses how I feel about his fans and it's a shame that all that nonsense led to him being so unpopular with so many.

Farewell Lin.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lin was a really good guy, and I wish things could have worked out better for him here. I'll continue to root for him, and I wish him personal success in LA (not so much his team).

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

While he didn't quite live up to the expectations most seemed to have for him when he was signed, he actually did better than I expected him to. I thought he was a one-hot wonder, a la Sam Mack.

So, good job acquiting yourself, Lin, you're a legit player. Good luck in LA.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Same. Shame some people let LOF's cloud their judgement of him as a player.

Hope he does well in LA while the team sucks overall.

#91 professorjay, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  12. langal

langal Contributing Member

Separate the fans from the man. Lin was by all accounts a good teammate, good guy, and a useful player. Compare his attitude with the sulking Asik (who was in a similar situation). Both guys are sort of at crossroads in their careers and the next year will dictate what sort of contract they get after. Best luck to both of them.

13. AkeemTheDreem86

I hope your new team looses every game, and I hope I never have to hear/read another one of your fans for as long as I live, but I wish you luck.

14. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

This is a trade that works well for both the Rox and Lin. Lin just was never going to work out next to Harden. On the Lakers he'll be showcased a lot more and be much more effective as the one running the offense. And at least this time around Kobe actually knows who Lin is.

For the Rox, Bosh is the perfect fit. Feels way more balanced this way. I think we're overpaying for Parsons, but if we can make a run over the next 3 years, it's worth it. Gotta hand it to Morey again. I just hope Harden plays some D now. That's the missing ingredient.

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Sad to see him go. Glad to lose the LOF's. Sadly, the LOH's will only go into hibernation until the next reason to hate. Wish we could ditch them too.

16. AkeemTheDreem86

And your crazy god stuff is creepy, but, again, good luck.

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

If Lin goes to Lakers (or Sixers, Bucks, etc.), then he will have cost the Rockets a total of $10 million for his 2 years of services. Despite all the criticism here for Lin's cap hit of $8 million, it's not as if that prevented the Rockets from getting a star in the past 2 years.

So for $5 million a year, the Rockets got a solid young PG who started all games for them in that pivotal first year of James Harden and was their 3rd most important player. He adjusted pretty well to a 6th man role in his second year and made some valuable playoff contributions.

The Rockets got a good deal out of Lin in the end.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Lin played hard, was active in the community, and seemed to be a decent teammate. Wish him well in the future. Also hoping that the CF board returns to a better place. I never got into the LOF/LOH arguments... and to be honest the arguments made me spend less time here. Both sides shared blame.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Jeremy for answering my questions at the movie premiere , you are back home now. Good luck. Your fans can face the monster force called Kobe fans good luck

20. gregas

gregas Member

Yess! The exodus of LOFs. I'll be finally able to read the site without a major headache.