1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOF appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Canadiandude, Jul 11, 2014.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

2nd Team All-Defense though, which team has Lin made?

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not under the CBA - you have to trade something that *actually exists.*

3. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

BYE BYE LOF'S

Dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! They don't have that Clutchfans power! Clutch survived that ****!

5. pakattak

pakattak Member

God I'm a huge Lin fan but there's no way will I ever root for the Lakers. This suuuuucks.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lakersground will never know what hit 'em! :grin:

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

On this day I even have agreement with SamFisher.

Perhaps there is hope for the Middle East!

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Glorious day!!

9. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Based on this thread, safe to say you contribute to the forum equally.

10. delta69er

delta69er Member

So begins the battle of the two groups of people who have broken the cardinal rule: Never go full r****d

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Bush league and totally unnecessary.

12. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

I am appreciating the fact you guys are gtfo of here and can become the lakers problem.

13. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Seriously, CF doesn't need this. Lock it up.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Goodbye, LOFs. You will be missed by none.

17. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Hallelujah!!!

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Best trade in the history of sports forums! The only way I would have been more impressed is if Morey figured out a way to get them to take DaDakota in the deal too.

Sorry, DD. Couldn't help myself.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Man, now Kobe is getting Dwight Howard's sloppy seconds.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/487673610686177280">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

To the LOFs Among Us:

Let me state right off the bat that I do like Jeremy Lin. He’s an easy guy to root for and a solid character guy with a nice backstory. Lin seems to have handled any adversity thrown his way with a measure of class, and the positive support he receives from Rockets fans, Knicks fans, and the Asian-American community as a whole is well deserved. Lin is a good basketball player, capable of impacting a game on any given night. He is also a player with his share of flaws.

With Lin’s departure I anticipate a certain segment of this forum’s voices to gradually fall silent. The thought of that brings me joy.

I am not talking about those who are simply loyal fans of Jeremy Lin. I am talking about LOF’s, and we all know whom you are. I anticipate your departure with a huge sense of relief. I look forward to once again being able to discuss the merits or shortcomings of a certain coach or player without having the entire conversation derailed by your rabid and irrational defense of Lin, or by your mindless accusations that certain coaches and players are at fault for whatever negatives are associated with Lin’s performance on the court.

You have been like termites, swarming into otherwise valid discussions and chewing away at their foundations until they collapse under their own weight. You have hijacked threads on numerous topics, somehow turning them into a false and bizarre sideshow of JLin vs The World. And as much as I admittedly do admire Jeremy Lin and acknowledge the uphill battle he has fought as an Asian American in the NBA, let’s not overplay that hand. The NBA is full of guys who have fought tremendous adversity just to survive, guys that did not have the advantage of growing up in the kind of stable and loving home that Lin seems to come from. Harping on Lin’s struggles and carrying that chip on your shoulders only diminishes their real value.

So — goodbye.

I wish you well, and I hope one day you will accept that we are all just guests on forums like these. We don’t own the place or use our own resources to keep it running. I hope the next place you visit welcomes you with open arms.