1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You guys who keep saying that Bosh can't make a decision for himself are ridiculous.

He HAS made a decision. If the Big 3 are going to stay together he wants to stay, if not he wants to leave. That's his decision. He doesn't want to break up the Big 3. Wade doesn't want to break up the Big 3. The only one who hasn't decided is Lebron.

2. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

Am I the only one that thinks Chris Bosh has absolutely no balls, and is LeBron's total lap dog UNLESS he KNOWS that LeBron is returning to Miami?
    Because unless he knows that, he's jeopardizing his own payday, AND he's jeopardizing his potential new team's ability to put itself in the best position to win next year by waiting until the narcissistic James finally makes his decision.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not realize the Autoplaye would translate . . ..
    seriously . . i truly apologize

Rocket River

4. justtxyank

If he goes back to Cleveland there will be zero criticism aside from Miami fans who are jilted lovers and punk haters on the internet who always find a way to criticize.

5. Convictedstupid

Yeah, and why would he want to leave if everyone is coming back? 4 straight finals appearances. Who wouldn't want to stay?

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think Wade was working on him a bit there in Vegas and LeBron has certainly been listening.

To be sure the letter weighs heavy on all this but I think LBJ returns to Cleveland when all is said and done. I'm sure he doesn't mind Gilbert sweating a little before it's over. But I still believe the delay in announcing his decision has more to do with timing: he left his camp; he'll tidy up a few things in Miami; he'll jet off to Brazil and avoid the initial media furor as the announcement goes public.

And he gives his first interview on his choice from Rio with Mike Tirico? :confused: Who knows.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . basically Bosh has the contract in his hand and can sign it at his leisure

Rocket River

8. justtxyank

Exactly. It's annoying to see people say he has no balls because he is waiting to see if he has the opportunity to continue to play with the best player in the world on a team that just went to four straight finals appearances.

His made a decision for himself that fans of a team should want. He's willing to risk some financial security for the opportunity to continue to play for the championship team he has been a part of for four years. That's his decision.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Ah, no worries. Just surprised the hell out of me since I didn't expect it here.

10. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Would you be happy with the roster moves Riley has made this off season? If I am Lebron, then I wouldn't be excited either.

11. justtxyank

Like you, I've quit going to ESPN because of the auto play videos. I keep getting script errors.

However, Rocket River's video didn't autoplay for me. Weird.

12. justtxyank

Josh McRoberts would start for Cleveland and Houston right now.

13. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Actually, I think Cleveland may be the ONLY place he can go where he does not look like he is jumping ship.

14. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

U can disable auto play in browser settings.. Google it

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOL. THis made me chuckle. Repped.

1 person likes this.
  16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it did for me (and like you, i hate autoplay)

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

When it comes to public opinion and perception... Lebron has definitely backed himself into another right/wrong decision scenario. And again, its been caused by the way he insists on treating his decision making process. The first time around, due to the way he set things up, going back to Cleveland would've been the "right" decision. And now again, with the way he's set things up, going back to Cleveland is the "right" decision.

In reality there really is no right or wrong decision in these types of scenarios. It should just boil down to what one feels is the best decision for them personally, their career, and their family. But somehow, Lebron and his camp continues to corner themselves into win/lose situations.

The environment is stagnant. Facts and situations are not going to change. Though Lebron's decision is an important one, that doesn't automatically equate to it being a difficult one to make. For him, there isn't a bunch moving parts. You're the best player in the league. What is it that you want? Ask and it shall be given to you. Scratch that, DECLARE and it shall be given to you.

If it's true that he hasn't made a decision, then Lebron has surrendered control of his legacy to the media and the court of public opinion. And if he has made a decision and is just stalling or attempting to control the narrative, then he has still surrendered control of his legacy to the media and the court of public opinion.

I respect the hell out of his game, but Lebron is a case study on how NOT to handle the spotlight.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

maybe this is just to pre-empt gilbert to get on his knees and apologise

19. htown7829

htown7829 Member

No news yet I see. So when exactly does he leave for Brazil

20. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If LeBron's camp leaked the Gilbert story, that screams to me that he's leaning Miami and is trying to make Gilbert the villain when the backlash inevitably occurs. We'll see...