1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Forgot to add the obvious. ...sign Bosh and match Parsons.

2. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

I understand where you are coming from, but I am certain there is a contingency plan in place in the event Bosh stays. We will spend that money and I trust Morey to make it "flexible". Would not be surprised to see if as two solid assets instead of one. Sort of like the Asik and Lin summer.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

what are you talking about. if you're a FA what else would you do if you're being courted by someone that wants you. i guess you would stay home? lol

4. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

rocket fans are so lame, that they hate on their beloved parsons. Guess what, rocket fans are like jeckl and hyde... love one day , extreme hate the next day.

you got what u deserved dumb rocket fans, and you're probably stuck with jeremy.. you guys deserve it

5. JD88

JD88 Member

Well I know for a fact he can be trade mid-December to anyone but Dallas so... Maybe I should read more.

6. Progs

Progs Member

Tom Penn from ESPN says there is no way the Rockets can sign both Parsons and Bosh :cool: :p

7. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

That picture makes me want to puke.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

That is a picture AFTER he signed. Absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating, but people will be understandably upset that it is so public. It definitely feels douchey. Cuban being there amplifies the douche factor by a million

Also, STOP POSTING THE GOTDAMN PICTURE

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

If you sign the offer, is that not enough? He could have done this after we refused to match the offer or something.

Do you go to a welcoming party with the owner and pop bottles in celebration of joining the team? thats typically something you do after you're for sure going there.

10. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

Ban him

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I thought all we had to do was get rid of Asik, Lin and some non guaranteed contracts and we could give bosh the max and go into the luxury tax for Parsons?

I'm so confused

12. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Who is he and what does he do? Tom Penn can suck a Rubbertoe!

13. shastarocket

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>If Rockets get Bosh and can do both in time, they'd match Parsons' offer sheet, per source. If don't get Bosh, tough, close call on Parsons.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/487258303752568832">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

if he's there he can have fun on the owners tab why not? its not like these players don't party all the time. you act like there's a specific guideline CP has to follow

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LET ME BE CLEAR . . . I am not Mad At Parsons at ALL

GET HIS!!

But 15 million is a bit much for the Rockets .. . UNLESS THEY GET BOSH

If they get bosh . . . we have a championship team
    Without bosh . . IMO we twisting in the wind for 3 more years

With Bosh and No Parsons = Championship maybe
    Without Bosh and With Parsons = Much harder road to a championship

Rocket River

Rocket River

16. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If Rockets get Bosh and can do both in time, they'd match Parsons' offer sheet, per source. If don't get Bosh, tough, close call on Parsons.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/487258303752568832">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bottom line with Parsons is.

1) Either CP jumped the gun and signed the deal.
    or
    2) CP didn't get the offer he wanted from Morey, got the offer from Cuban, and then went back to Morey with the offer and MOREY said no and CP signed.

So, while it appears CP jumped the gun, it is possible (we don't know) that Morey just decided to not sign at that price and put HIMSELF on the clock.

Hopefully we'll be able to find out the real story at some point.

18. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

I was late :(

1 person likes this.
  19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Unfortunately he's right unless Bosh is willing to come at a slight discount.

20. shastarocket

As per Feigen, this may all be moot

*fingers crossed*