1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons was a warrior for us these past two seasons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 10, 2014.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Let's be realistic here. If someone made you an offer of 15x your annual salary to do essentially the same job that you are already doing, you take it and don't look back.

I'm sure he and Morey did have some kind of understanding, but that goes out the window when someone puts $15 million in front of your face and you have a limited time to accept. I'm sure Cuban didn't put it in front of his agent and say "take your time on this and get back to me next week". This offer was probably made a day or two ago and Cuban gave him a deadline of the end of the moratorium to agree. Otherwise they would have moved on to Deng or the like.

This sucks for us but I can't fault Chandler at all.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I didn't begrudge him for the contract, but those pics..

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

break ups are bad and that is just the nature.

Rarely are their mutual and friendly break ups and those are called differently.....

4. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Based on him being underpaid the past three years and overpaid the next three.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why does it make him a dick to...

1) accept what is basically a market-value contract as reflected in how much Gordon Hayward just signed for; and

2) agree to sign an offer sheet to potentially join a recent NBA champion team with a classy guys like Dirk and Tyson Chandler, a tremendous coach in Carlisle and an owner who is willing to expend resources to compete while allowing Houston to match if the team wishes?

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Parsons knows Morey won't shed a tear if he needs to ship his ass out. Morey knows it too. Parsons did it strictly from a business perspective. I'm not mad at him. Anytime someone gives you a max offer, when you ain't worth it. You sign it as fast as you can.

It's not personal, it's business.

I'm mad at fker Cuban. He is sticking it to us.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Parsons is dead to me.

I wouldn't like him being overpaid and hamstringing the Rockets cap space over their next few years, and I sure as hell wouldn't give a damn about him while wearing a Mavs jersey. Congrats on the contract, bro...

1 person likes this.
  8. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We love parson but he handicapped our plans...our goal is to win a championship, now made things harder for us. He has to go! We will lose an asset and we will miss him but we'll bounce back.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No one's blaming him for taking the money. It's the way he did it. Doing it in a manner that handicaps the Rockets (though it's possible Cuban stipulated it that way) and going out clubbing and taking selfies with Cuban.

1 person likes this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Anyone who blames Parsons for signing an offer sheet like that is being ridiculous. Can anyone honestly say they would not do the same???? I hope this all works out where we can sign Bosh then match Parsons but if not I wish Parsons well(unless he is playing us!!;)).

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No rational fan can blame him for signing that contract, but it struck most people the wrong way seeing those selfies

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mavericks try to go poison pill contract on us reportedly.

It is crippling. We had our shares with Lin and Asik.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Parsons will be dead to me if he ends up a Mav

he is only slightly dead right now because of those pics

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's about as close to a warrior as that mutant cripple who sold out King Leonidas at battle of Thermopylae

#34 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

THIS ^^ I think this pretty much sums it up for most ppl. Not trying to get paid so much but the latter.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. Cuban most likely ask for immediate acceptance. He has reasons to do so even beyond any desire to handicap the Rockets: The Mavs need to wait 3 days on the matching already. Thus, any additional delay would hurt the Mavs' ability to make contingency pursuits for the likes of Deng and Ariza.

The Rockets are not the only team with moves to make.

2. Clubbing and taking selfies is what Parsons does, whether it's with Cuban or his Rockets teammates or personal friends.

Dude just signed his first big NBA contract. He goes to celebrate with friends, and Cuban wanted to come along for a few drinks. Is Parsons gonna say no to the guy who just agreed to pay him $45M or act coolly toward him?

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

his douchebag friend makes me mad the most. Who the hell still does the "hang 10" sign? What is this? 1992?

What a lame ass

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hi has

These two posts pretty much sum it up for me. I'm very disappointed in the way this has all played out. CP earned whatever it is that someone will pay him, but why go about it this way when the Rockets and Morey did him a bigtime solid?

If Bosh doesn't sign this potentially destroyed our offseason. I think I'd match Parsons and then look to trade him after Dec. 15. See who has the last laugh then.

19. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Exactly how I feel. I mean I understand, how can he going pass up on that contract. But ultimately those pictures were unnecessary. Its whatever, this is all business. Lets see what Daryl Morey has up his sleeve, and hopefully Cuban didn't beat him at his own game.

20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

He couldn't have waited to party until after the Rockets decision? Is he that tactless that he didn't foresee how negatively viewed this would be by the Rockets fans? This is different from just a standard contract signing, he should know better than that.

It is a dick move, or at least very dumb. Likely both.