1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

This is one of the reasons I think Morey gambles too much. Dragic, Royce White, now this...If we don't reach the finals at least once during Howard's stay here, I will be very disappointed.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Do we have proof of pen to paper yet?

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well you were talking about players regretting they didn't give their all for Rockets and gave only one example (Lowry). I responded by giving you 5 recent examples of players that gave their all and still being treated like the last guy on the bench.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Yep that's pretty much it. The only thing I'd add is that Morey has been looking into a replacement SF (Ariza, Pierce, Deng).

By the way, seeing those pictures was weirdly painful. It was almost like taking a break with your long-time GF and seeing pics of her with some d-bag on facebook. She didn't send them to you and you may still get back together. But that ish still hurts.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Why are people so shocked about this? I seen how Parsons handles his diehard fans during the regular season games on tv, and he treats his fans like they're inferior to him. I still hope we can keep him though, because I rather have him start at the three than Lou Deng.:(

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm so ****ing mad right now. If this had been the Bulls or basically anyone but the Mavs or Lakers, it wouldn't really bother me. I think there is a good chance we don't match. Daryl is obviously considering it, based on the calls to Deng. **** Dallas.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if you can get similar talent for less money they why not? chandler is not worth that money, and to match would hurt the books, but to let him go for nothing would hurt the roster.

deng at 12M, or ariza at 10M, tucker at 6-8M, might be better options for the money. let dallas enjoy overpaying parsons.

that being said i would match parsons anyway. he's young, a glue guy on and off the court. getting better every year. borderline all-star that could improve into one.

if we get bosh, and keep chandler we would have a legit contender.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I hate that we are having this conversation

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Just the thought of Trevor Ariza playing for the Rockets again pisses me off.:mad:

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

This.

Match Parsons - You just overpaid Parsons! Dumbass Morey!
    Don't Match - You just let Parsons go to a rival for free! Dumbass Morey!

Oh, he should have just kept him under contract another year?

Yeah, and then you'd be b****ing when he's unrestricted next year and goes out and seeks offers, signs elsewhere and blame Houston for somehow 'lowballing' him. "THIZ IZ CARMUH GIZE!!"

MOREE GETZ WUTZ COMMING 2 HIMM!!

:rolleyes:

Get a ****ing grip already. :rolleyes:

A bunch of Got damn emo kids around here.

11. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

Is a "Borderline All-Star" worth this much money, EVEN in this situation... I don't think so. Matching would handcuff us in 2 - 3 years. Why not go after Kevin Durant next year? You'd pay KD just as much or less than you would CP at that point. Let the Mavs swallow have this 'victory', it will hurt them in the long run.

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm a Rockets fan, but I follow Suns too because of Dragic and I'd be excited if HOU would get Tucker for 5-6 M (I don't think he's worth more than that). Beside corner threes he's not a great shooter and his transition game leaves something to be desired, but he's a GREAT defender, great rebounder and great hustler/fighter. We would basically have two Beverlys on court, so our PF would need a drastic shooting upgrade (Love, Bosh).

A Tucker's intangible? Maybe Harden would start playing D consistently if we surround him with good defenders (Bev, Howard, Tucker).

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Agree, Morey is in a no-win situation. In hindsight obviously he should have done things differently, but he had to take a shot on adding a 3rd star.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The closer to Durant we got while paying him a pittance the better, instead we're slapped with an offer specifically tailored to hinder it.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Rockets will match, it's only for 2yrs. Parson will opt out and sign on the cheap afterwards.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Why would Parsons not wait...I'm sure Cuban did not say: the offer stands for 1 day or we'll look elsewhere..there were other suitors so there must be something going on.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

So...

You want them to match or not match?

And Durant expires in 2016 (assuming he doesn't extend)
    Parsons can opt out after two years.

Is that right?

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Does parsons want us to match?

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

It'd be pretty funny to see Parsons/Cubans reaction if we matched after all that trolling they've been doing.

20. torocan

torocan Member

Parsons wants to get paid.

As for preference, it's hard to say. He'd be the 4th option on the team if Bosh signs. He'd get more touches on Dallas.

And Dallas is playing a more open style of ball than Houston is right now. Between Dwight demanding touches in the post and Harden ISO's this isn't the 2012 Rockets any more.

Let's also not forget that the bench is changing as well. With Asik gone and Lin leaving (if Bosh signs), there will be ZERO play making on the bench and no rim protection either. So the Rockets are basically betting on Canaan and whoever they can get for league minimum.

The option for the Rockets to get help if they re-sign Parsons is severely limited as they'll lose their MLE since they're signing Bosh with cap space. And that's without even talking about the severe restrictions that take place once they exceed the Tax Apron ($80M).