1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What we learned today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

I need a vacation away from internet

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually, that's what makes him a top 3 GM. If you think DM has tunnel vision, you must not have been paying attention these past 4 years.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tunneled vision when it comes to superstars. Edited.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

I learned that Cyberx likes to dab ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

aint fair, few owners is loyal to their players either, its a 2way street.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don't waste your time dude. He's turned the rockets into the dirty sluts of the NBA , antagonized coaches/players, ****ed over this team because he wants to play puppeteer with Milk Hairs...but the people you are arguing with will never see it.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

How does that edit make your initial post any better? It's a star-driven league, and Morey knows that.

8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

So you think we'd be better off without Harden and Howard? Just curious. You think any other GM would've done better with this team?

9. Remii

Remii Member

If Morey had his way we probably wouldn't have Harden and Howard... We would have Gasol. And if he didn't have tunnel vision we would have Dragic instead of Lin.

10. GMNot

GMNot Member

It's pretty much everyone for himself all the way around.

1) James is trying to do something to lessen his guilt for leaving Cleveland -- either appear he's really considering it, so it looks better if he stays in Miami, or go there hoping he can get another shot at the finals and make up for leaving. Problem is, nothing can erase the selfishness of leaving. (And it was more blatantly selfish because of the collusion with Wade and Bosh.) Not even a title. But if he can convince himself he's being contrite, he'll have some sort of peace.

2) Bosh basing his decision to come to Houston IF James leaves Miami isn't a ringing endorsement of playing in a Rockets uniform. I think the "leak" that Rox contacted Deng's agent forced things a bit. He would have preferred to remain mum until James speaks.

3) Anthony appears goal-less to a degree. If his wish is to play with James, it still doesn't guarantee a title. And he'll appear to Knicks fans, a bit like James did to Cleveland fans if he follows him.

4) Unless there is some exchange between Parsons and the Rockets we don't know about, his agreement with the Mavs is just looking out for number one. He probably hasn't fully digested that his level of play will have to move up a notch to live up to the contract.

5) Cuban demonstrates that, indeed, the NBA is a business and that gouging your rival's eye is part of the entertainment. Sports are such a noble pursuit, eh? Such a way to build character and morals. ;)

I have to wonder how Wade is feeling about now.

11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cuban: World Champion Badass Mark Cuban speaking

DM: Hey Mark

Cuban: Oh it's you...

DM: Please don't hang up, I would just like to apologize

Cuban: Jeez man. Are you ever going to let me have just one moral victory?

DM: In all fairness, I warned everyone I would match.

Cuban: And then you sign Dallas's 2nd favorite velociraptor. You know, I thought, man, I just want to crush you Dork Elvis. Everyone says you're so great. I hired Gerrson Rosas for like 5 minutes. Had to fire him because he hung a picture of you on his wall.

DM: Did he now?

Cuban: Yes. And so every time I walked into his office this is the picture I would see.

[​IMG]

DM: Look, I know you have your opinions about me...but I would really like to apologize for any misconceptions I may have given you about asking for a Dirk trade. Just know I'm not that kind of person. Had I known Howard was going to sign I would never have asked.

Cuban: I guess I knew all along it was just a misunderstanding. Ever since Yao retired I needed a Rocket to troll hard. You're a good guy Morey.

DM: So we're good?

Cuban: Yeah, we're good.

DM: Mark? I got one more thing to ask you.

Cuban: What is it?

DM: HOW BOUT A DIRK TRADE NOW, b****!!!

*CLICK

12. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Another Cav/Boozer scenario? :eek:

13. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Parson is getting paid 45mm for 3 yrs. You still think that Lin's 25mm 3 yr contract is bad?

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Morey overplays his hand far too often.

15. reliableman

reliableman Member

Inflation is a biiiiitch!

16. Remii

Remii Member

Parsons contract is not a bad deal for Dallas. Cuban gets him a white American who he will be able to promote like crazy up there in Oklahoma. Not a lot of white Americans in the NBA. Parsons to Cuban is like Jeremy to Les. With the difference being Parsons can play.

17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Les Alexander is a cheap ass

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Member

Anyone who's bashing Chandler Parsons is completely ignorant if that person thinks Morey wouldn't trade Parsons in an instant to get another player who could make the team that much better. The NBA is a business and you treat it as such, Cuban was trying to screw up the Rockets timeline and it doesn't appear like Lebron will make his decision within the next few days so we will be forced to give up Parsons to the Mavericks.

I can only reasonably see Parsons being resigned to that contract once Bosh is signed, if he isn't I doubt Dallas would trade anyone to us in compensation for him. Dallas is the only team I think the Rockets haven't been linked to a trade directly with in past years. The only thing I remember remotely linking our two teams is the trade that involved Odom a complicated 1st rounder that I believe we traded to the Thunder for Harden.

Either way don't expect to see Parsons signing any time soon, I see the Rockets waiting until Sunday to make their decision.

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Are we going to have a "what we learned today" thread everyday?

20. count_dough-ku

That's a little different in that Boozer and the Cavs had a handshake agreement that Boozer reneged on. I don't think Morey and Parsons had any sort of arrangement like that. Morey probably just arrogantly believed that Parsons would never get an offer like the one he did.