1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, Jun 8, 2003.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Anyone see the Baba Wahwah interview with Hillary?

I like Hillary; I don't like her politics particularly. I think she is overly ambitious perhaps. What I don't like most about her is the way that people have annointed her as the be-all end-all. That's not her fault, though.

2. LSU_MPA

LSU_MPA Member

Hillary for President!

3. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Conservatives hate Hillary Clinton because she's a strong woman who doesn't demur to men. Conservatives find that absolutely terrifying, so they find anything she does and jumps all over it. Have you ever heard someone call a man "overly ambitious"?

I'm not a Hillary Clinton fan (and I'd probably never vote for her), but c'mon. Her politics are very moderate and she has good ideas. Look past her gender, and you'll see a fantastic political mind.

She may be the Democrats' best chance in 2008, but I haven't heard anyone annoint her as the "end all" of anything. In fact, I'm not sure why Republicans hate her politics so much. Like her husband, Hillary's politics aren't far from old-school conservatism.

4. giddyup

This is an absolutely absurd statement. I've called men overly ambitious; in fact, I'll call Bill overly ambitious. I was surprised that Hillary didn't think his being allowed to run for president again was a good idea.

You should apologize to all good Republicans. :)

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can you explain two things?

1. How is Hillary, or Bill, overly ambitious?

2. Why did you post this here and not in D&D? :)

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Overly ambitious??? Hold on, I need to write this stuff down, I'm writing a book about working hard, setting goals, being the best you can be and why that is all BS.

7. giddyup

1. Well Bill is building a groundsell to be allowed to run for a third term. Hillary felt A-OK about taking charge of reforming healthcare when she wasn't even an elected official. There has been much written about Hillary's personalityl behind the scenes that is not flattering. I've not seen that side of her.

2. I put it here because this is not meant to be a "defame Hillary" thread. My impression from the interview (and other interviews) is that Hillary is someone I would warm to. Remember, my first remark was about my positive impression of the woman.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

1. Didn't Bill make it clear that he didn't want to run for a third-term? (from the article: "The former president said such a change probably wouldn't apply to him but would benefit future generations.") Your other explanations does not support your position that Hillary is overly ambitious. Most, if not all First Ladies, take up a cause, however, none probably as much as Hillary did with health care. However, I don't think that one failure should label her as overly ambitious.

2. All you said was you like her. Then you rattled off a couple of reasons why we shouldn't like her.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

forget Hilary Clinton. She isn't even the most popular Hilary anymore.

[​IMG]

10. giddyup

Well, seeing as how I expected to dislike her intensely, she just won my lottery. No one is above criticism.

... I don't know about any article. I'm just coming out of the context of the discussion between Hillary and Baba.

Perhaps criticzing their ambition is wrong; maybe it's their anointedness that bugs me. Bill acts like no ex-President. He still seems to run his party from the backrooms. Hillary runs a "carpetbagging" US Senate campaign which while legal was also just pure opportunism. She's from Illinois and spent many years in Arkansas but runs for the US Senate from New York where she has lived only since deciding to run for the seat.

That bugs me.

In the end and as a critic, I accord her much more respect than do many here of the current President of the US.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm begging you ....Pleeeaseeee run Hillary Clinton. Please!

If winning an election is all about mobilizing your base...I can't think of anything more that would mobilize Republicans to vote for their candidate than making Hillary the alternative.

13. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I'm all about Clinton bashing... but isn't this the Wrong Forum now?

:)

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

15. RocketMan Tex

Suppose the Republican candidate was David Duke!:eek:

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

In before this forum is moved to D & D. :D

Yeah, conservatives hate "strong women" who don't "demur to men". Like Condee Rice. :rolleyes: What a tired stereotype that is.

I hope Hitlery runs in 2008 against Condee.

HILLARY REJECTED

ELECTION OVER

17. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Ya this needs to be moved to D&D... here let me help...

Blah blah blah, something inflammatory that would piss off any liberals.

CASE CLOSED

- Love, Trader Jorge :D

18. RocketMan Tex

I guess this means George W. Bush is a woman!:eek:

Wonder how the Mrs. feels about this!:D

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Aside from the fact that she is an intelligent, strong, and powerful woman, there is another reason conservatives hate Hillary.

And that is, she isn't the oldest hag in human history (Daddy Bush's first "lady"), and she doesn't look like she got her face caught in a garbage disposal (the current one).

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member