1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Job help guys...... please help!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Shotcaller, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

ok I have been working as a Fleet service clerk with American Airlines the last 3 years...and I am getting layed off. Do you guys know of any jobs 9-10 bucks starting full time with medical?? I am in San Antonio...about to move back to houston.... I have worked with the Airlines and with Pharmacys the last 7 years.... would really help me out if you guys have any leads.... number 1 is it has to have medical benefits and be full time....pay I can be flexable on...thanxs guys

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wish I could help you. My Uncle is a pilot, but I don't know that that means a thing.

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

It took me almost a year to find my current leach job as a financial rep for American General. I wish I could help you , but I think I already sold my soul for this job.

4. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

lol thanxs.... if you guys happen to notice or hear about something... let me know!

5. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Try Walgreens. :p

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

wait tables or bartend...

good $$$$$$

7. Band Geek Mobster

Bartending is a very good option in this city...I notice more openings for bartenders than I do any other entry level position...

8. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

did walgreens awhile back..... most important thing is medical benefits.... I dont think many bartenders get that??

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How about a hospital?

Or one of those employee leasing companies that offer benefits and lease you out to companies who don't want to make a full time commitment to hiring.

Is the issue insurability or affordability of health insurance?

10. Fatty FatBastard

Just to let you know, I have and am still hiring people.

The catch? Complete commission structure. That said, most people that are willing to work make between 4-8 thousand a month. I'm at about 6, but I'm working on it.

If you want to come in for an interview, let me know.

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Fatty Fat b*stard --

What is it you do?

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Fatty, I see on your profile that you're a financial advisor and I have a few questions. Do you make cold calls all day? Did you need to take test like the series 7? Did you start at around $10/hr + commision?

A friend of mine can get me an interview as a Financial Rep but I'm not sure yet. Is that the same thing that you're doing?

13. Fatty FatBastard

I worked at Morgan Stanley for three years. When the market started going south, I sold my book to my partner, and I am independent right now.

My business is now doing Health Insurance, Life, V.A.'s and mutual funds. Anything more serious I send over to my partner's....

(Independent stock's, options, future's)-go to Morgan Stanley

(Refinances, Mortgagages)-go to J.P. Morgan Chase

I handle everything else.

Are you going to get training if you come over here? Absolutely.
    But you do have to pay for a group 1, to start. (about $100.)

Either way, it is worth a look, if y'all are seriously looking to make money.

(and it's not for everyone. I let people know that when they come in.)

But if you want an interview, let me know.

14. Fatty FatBastard

RealShady: I have a series 7, 63, 65, 31, and 35 license.

I am trying to get my CFP, but that thing is nearly impossible to get without any backing.

I did originally start with Prudential Securities at about $10/hr making 300 cold calls/day.

Worst job I've ever had, but it did teach me to talk to vary your speech. (ie. I'd speak to CEO's of companies, and then I'd speak to millionaire farmer's, or white trash people with money.)

Is it worth it? Could not say. (In my opinion, I had enough credentials, but, hey, that's where I began.)

#14 Fatty FatBastard, Jun 8, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hey, cool. I work for Valic, we probably work in the same building. :D America Tower?

Shot, you should try Enterprise (Rent A Car). Full time, full medical, dental, insurance, 401K, everything you need. You can fly up the career ladder there, I was an assistant manager for one of the biggest offices in Houston after only 6 months with the company.

16. Band Geek Mobster

I've noticed a "help wanted" commercial on tv for a couple weeks for Time Warner cable guys. It specifally mentioned in the commercial that you get medical and other benefits (free cable!). You could always try that out shotcaller...

17. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

thanxs band!

18. LSU_MPA

LSU_MPA Member

I feel your pain. I'm looking also. I never thought that I would have this much trouble finding a job with a Masters degree.

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

How ironic, I watched "Boiler Room" last night......cool movie :cool:

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Bartending is big money is DC too, but so many bartenders are on the take, they keep getting fired. It's almost like that's how it works. Tough hours too. But big money.