1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs turning attention to Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HR Dept, Jul 7, 2014.

1. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Cuban complaining about Yao in 2005. Hate that guy.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Cuban thought Morey was taunting him. Morey was genuinely inquiring about Dirk thinking that Howard might decide not to come to Houston.

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/article?action=viewArticle&articleId=15174305&playerId=1351&tid=th

In another article I read, Howard had actually dropped a hint to Dallas that he will be going to the Rockets but he had not told the Rockets anything yet. Which is why cuban took it as a taunt while Morey was still looking to add a big name to the roster.

Cuban is more pissed off because he broke apart a championship team to get Howard and Deron Williams and he got neither. And when the time came for Howard to chose between him and the Rockets, Howard decided to go to the Rockets.

#203 Zboy, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  4. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Thanks topFive:grin:

[​IMG]

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

parsons can really screw us over if he signs an offer sheet before the rockets use the cap space.

the rockets would then have 3 days to use their cap space before matching parsons offer and using their cap space on him.

hopefully morey told him that whatever he gets offered, DM will offer $1M more if he waits to sign until the rockets are ready.

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Actually our caphold for him automatically jumps as soon as he signs the offer sheet to the dollar amount he signs for. We would have to renounce his rights (meaning he signs with other team) to be able to use our space.

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

If we get screwed over because Parsons signs this offer which means we only have 3 days to match AND this prevents us from landing Bosh, Melo, James, etc this will be an epic failure for the front office. I cannot believe they did not plan for this scenario to happen before going this route.

Can someone please explain to me why didn't we guarantee Parson's 4th year instead of making him a restricted free agent? He was going to get paid pennies to a dollar. People are stating here he could be getting a close to max offer which is ridiculous in itself. His value at the trade deadline would have been a greater asset than a max one (not every team can afford his contract and his production wouldn't outweigh his max contract) AND we could still look at trading him for Love/Rondo if we didn't land a marquee FA this summer.

Couldn't the Rockets offer him the most money AFTER this season was over regardless if he was unrestricted? Who cares if we could match THIS season... this is a risk they didn't need to take. Now that Cuban doesn't want all of this to happen to us he could writing up the offer sheet max to prevent us from forming a big 4 in his division. If we land Bosh but we lose Parsons this will make us weaker at SF since we have no good young backup however we do have two up and comers TJones and Dmo at PF.

Also, I highly doubt an unrestricted Parsons would have left the Rockets since A) We can offer him the most money B) He was drafted by us in the second round and we were loyal to him and vice versa C) He would be on a contending team with Dwight, Harden and/or Bosh, Melo, James. D) He would be in a tax exempt state making even more money then other states. E) He appears to love it here and has not said he was unhappy or wanted out.

Lastly, why didn't we extend his contract last year while also guaranteeing his 4th (cheap) year? He probably would have been ok with a $10 mil per now Cuban is going to pay him anywhere from $12-$15 mil per year which again is ridiculous and Morey may just allow Parsons to walk and we end up with nothing in return!

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I see this ending very badly.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

How so?

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Relax. We needed Parsons small salary off the books to clear up that much more cap space, so Morey approached him...

DM: Chandler, how'd you like to earn an extra $7 million or so next year?

CP: Um... sure!

DM: Okay, I'll cut you loose then re-sign you after we get a big name FA in here. Promise you'll be a good boy and not run off? Because if I don't have your word on this, then you're looking at another year at under $1 mil.

CP: You can trust me, Daryl. Now where's my money?

Morey's not going to let an asset like Parsons walk without getting something prominent in return. DM guards his little chess pieces, and Parsons is his knight.

11. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

You're severely overrating Parsons

12. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Incorrect, the caphold goes into effect when me match the offer sheet.

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think Parsons will prefer to stay with the Rockets and sign for cheap than go play with the ponies.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lin doesn't get traded?

15. dlite316

dlite316 Member

jesus, he is a RFA, we cant match anything to keep him. why is it so difficult for many to understand?

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My fear is we strike out on Bosh and either lose Parsons to too high of a number we don't want to match or that we do match a high offer for Parsons which throws off our cap space without really "upgrading" this summer.

Then again I'm naturally pessimistic on these things, so we'll see.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

We might be better off letting him go and setting ourselves up for 2015, especially if he gets a near max offer.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Parsons wants to stay in Houston, he knows the plan. If we get a 3rd star or not, he is getting paid by us.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Not too worried about Dallas, unless they offer like $14... By the way, what is parsons max contract he sign ?

Team I'm worried about is the lakers if they don't get melo.

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Somewhere close to 15. Possibly as high as 15.7. Not sure if it's based on this year's cap or the projected cap.