1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Broussard will change his front running team from Cleveland back to Miami

2. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

"The Lakers still remain the leaders in landing LeBron" -Shelborne

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Stan Van Gundy called Bosh "Wade's Lapdog" during the days leading up to the Decision, so it's not entirely surprising he's doing this.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Unless he really just enjoys playing basketball with Lebron. If he's going to get near max money either way, it's hard to blame him for just choosing to play with the best player on the planet.

5. Fantasma Negro

We just got love from espn, they said with Bosh we'd have the best big 3 in the league. I feels wierd to hear the rockets complimented by espn. It makes me think somethings up...

6. Marteen

Marteen Member

There is a possibility that the Rockets might end up with neither of the players they wanted.... LOL

At this point, it's time for Maury to see what Minnesota wants for Love.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Why -- because they signed MLE and LLE guys?

It's not that LeBron would shock me by staying, but this narrative from some that it's an inevitability is mindblowing to me. Folks, the proposed "retooling" of the Heat started about a month ago when they floated the name Carmelo alongside potential paycuts. Then, when they realized that wasn't quite realistic, you heard names like Kyle Lowry, Gortat, Deng, Gasol, Ariza, etc. None worked out.

So now, their "plan" is to concede they'll be capped out simply through LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Napier, Cole, etc. -- add a couple of guys via MLE and LLE exceptions that they had regardless, even if everyone opted in -- and this is supposed to be impress LeBron? This is Riley's masterstroke? Folks, the very reason the Heat were floating and attempting to talk to so many big names is because LeBron didn't view a standard MLE player as enough of an upgrade.

LeBron might stay, but it's clear as day that the Heat failed to bring in the caliber of player that the front office and/or LeBron was attempting to lure. Combine that with the awkward communication (or lack thereof) in recent days between LeBron and Wade/Bosh, and there is a VERY real chance that LeBron leaves.

8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

only by default. LeBron likely wouldn't be in Miami. So there would be no big 3 anywhere, unless Melo went to miami

9. Play07

Play07 Member

Cat what happened to melo has to come here ?

Then it's bosh will come here ?

Now it's lebron will for sure leave?

Don't jinx this one bro

10. SS0101

SS0101 Member

That's just what they do when they know they got what they want

11. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

Is the whole Bosh max-offer leaving a bad taste in anyone else's mouth?

It feels like asking a girl to prom only to have her tell you "I'll go with you, but only if so and so guy doesn't want to go with me."

I don't know...I think it's a great fit basketball wise but I don't care much for his attitude. I want the players that sign here to be excited about being here.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

When did I say any of those things, "bro"?

13. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I would classify Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka as a big 3....

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The rockets hate is overblown. They said we were best fit for Dwight, too. Even heard some on ESPN say LeBron would fit in Houston.

15. Fantasma Negro

I'll take it. The fit is too perfect and the deal makes too much sense. If LeBron is as smart as he thinks he is he'll realize that he can make 100 million off t shirts and sneakers alone if he goes back to Cleveland and he'd still be the favorite in the east. LeBron just let Bosh go

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Rocket fans want these guys to go where they have the best chance to "win", but are flummoxed when Bosh only wants to be where Lebron is? Isn't the best chance to win where the best player is playing?

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This is solid analysis. It's like some reporters are thinking the signings were so average that Riley has to know LeBron is coming back.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Ok. You've won me over. It just seemed odd to me that Riley would commit to McRoberts/Granger and vice versa without knowing what Lebron was doing.

But you make a good point. McRoberts isn't even on Mike Miller's level IMO, and Granger is on the same level as all the other backup wings they've had for the past few years.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Here's a question:

What if Lebron signs for 2 years with the 2nd year being player option? 3 years with 3rd year being player option?

Does Bosh still return to Miami on a long-term deal?

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hi Cat. With all due respect, it's like you think Riley/the Heat and LBJ only communicate through the media. Like Pat is just guessing and making moves he hopes will impress Lebron, going purely on blind faith that he knows what he wants. Like there is nothing going on behind the scenes.

What are you basing this "awkward communication" theory on?