1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ProBballTalk] Bosh would prefer 4 year max over staying with Heat for less

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jul 5, 2014.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He does actually practice the free throws and hits them. It's his game time FTs that suck. So it might be that he's missing them because of how he's practicing them, but it's not because he's ignored that part of the game during practice.

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Man, I really would love Bosh on this team.

He'd change our entire defense, give us a 2nd or 3rd option, and even provide minutes as a backup Center.

Absolutely love this move, if we pull it off.

3. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Completely overlooking what Morey is really wanting. Morey wants a 3rd star, and in particular, one that can dominate a game.

He's looking to have 3.5 options firing(.5 being Chandler), the other 2 of the 3 being James & Dwight.

He's not thinking let's find a mid-range shooting star. He's thinking star first, how their style fits 2nd. He wants the greatest offensive threat, in particular, first.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

^^^This. Not worth the max.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

You are seriously underestimating Bosh's offensive ability. It's similar to how Harden was in OKC. The raw numbers look mediocre, but beyond that his offense is incredible. Miami plays one of the slowest paces in the game, with Bosh basically only scoring in half court. Despite that, has a Harden-like .597 TS% while spacing the floor on the perimeter. If he takes some time to rediscover a bit of his post game, he can easily be 18ppg scorer at high efficiency in the half court, which will greatly help our crunch time offense.

He has to bang with centers on defense which takes away a lot of his rebounding numbers. That won't be a problem with Dwight. His man defense is more than enough to handle any of Griffin, Aldridge, Randolph the west has.

Bosh is the perfect fit by far whose name isn't LeBron. I'd still take Love over him because Love conquers all, but it would be a 1 vs. 1A situation for me.

7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The other factor is that Bosh mainly plays the 5 for Miami, with us he plays the four with Dwight. He said earlier in the season that he can't do much offensivly because of the Heat's defensive style. Well, with Beverly and Howard I think he can find better balance on both sides of the ball.

Everyone would take Love over him, but Bosh is probably better to play the 5 with Jones when Howard sits. For the concerns over Bosh's age, when he really starts to decline Jones should be ready to flourish.

8. StevieCrossover

Don't worry guys, I predict the big 3 to stay in Miami.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Forget Bosh for a moment and tell me how can k.Love or Melo co-exist with Harden-D12?

Did any of those made his teammate any better ever?

10. Fantasma Negro

If we get Bosh we keep Parsons and the first round draft pick from New Orleans which gives us flexibility

11. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Whatever this time don't ever bring Ipad stuff on table ok?Morey!!!

12. conquistador#11

i'm down with this. but raptor bosh has not been extinct, just hiding in the calamites. If he's here, I'd hope we would give him a bigger role, let the offense run through howard/bosh. harden can shoot when he's hot. otherwise, it will be 15 points/ 6.8 rebounds for bosh, something you can get with a milsapp. And the defense wouldn't change since the guards have no clue what to do on a PnR.

13. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

You do know Asik nets the Rocket the Pelies pick.

14. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Am I the only one concerned with how average of 6.6 rpg last year? (@20 Mill...)

15. basketballholic

Yes. So just to break it down further. Can you imagine trading Lin and a future first for Bosh?

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kevin Durant playoffs

w/o neither fg% .517 3p% .373 28.5 ppg
    w/o WB & Harden fg% .455 3p% .314 30.8 ppg
    w/o Harden fg% .460 3p% .344 29.6 ppg

Yeah he makes people better.

Dwight? um, Tim Duncan has said it in interview, Dwight collapses defenses and opens up more space, and Love? seen his on/off in that desolate wasteland? lol

Melo, well you got me there.

#116 Aleron, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  17. Fantasma Negro

Playing with LeBron and Wade his numbers were expected to go down, here he'd be the option 2b. But yeah still not worth 20. 14.5 would. Be perfstarts to drop off but judging by Lins contract if thats what it takes to get him here Les will pay it now and just trade him when he sta

18. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Imagine if we signed Bosh..then later flipped Parsons,the NO pick + Filler for another star the next summer or at the deadline (etc Rondo since Boston would trade him or end up with nothing if he leaves)..SPLASHH

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

The rockets are sorely lacking a player like bosh. I hate bosh personally. But we need a long defender/rebounder. We wouldn't necessarily need his offense. And he has gotten really good at the 3 ball.

I'd be ok with bosh if we were also able to keep parsons.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bosh's numbers are deflated the same way Me-lo and Klove's numbers are inflated, this is what happens when you're the sole option on your team. When he was the sole option in Toronto he put up 20-10 with much higher FG% than Me-lo ever did.

While his numbers did indeed dip thanks to LBJ and Wade, I think what he learned in terms of playmaking, off the ball and defense made up for it, and I think he can put up better numbers in H-Town than in Miami since Harden can stroke it from outside and give him space to operate.

If we wanted to give Melo 20M then Bosh is definitely worth 20M, since he's a much better player than Melo.