1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he gets the ball , you are genuinely worried if he makes a bonehead mistake

Were you worried kenny smith or cassell would make a dumb play in the playoffs ?

He doesn't meet the clutch city standard

2. coffeelover665

I'm surprised this thread is still top 5 on the front page lol.

3. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Omer wanted the hell out of dodge and pouted about it for most of the year. Also the rockets have reached a trade for him to the Pellies.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Lin is so classless putting the franchise on blast on twitter the way he did. I've been a Lin supporter since day one, thought he was a humble/hardworking guy but I am feeling like such an idiot. He is an arrogant douchebag. How does he go from fighting for an NBA job to crying about this so quickly?

He needs to be more professional and handle this internally. After this franchise gave him $25M and welcomed him with open arms, what he did was unforgivable.

Every team pitching to Melo was photoshopping Melo in a #7 jersey. We did the same thing with Dwight/Bosh with Bev/Scola on the team respectively. Those guys are professionals who understand the business, Lin is not.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This dude probably overtook Mo Taylor as the worst signing in franchise history

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

^^ Lol overreaction much?

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wesley started 796/949 career games. Aside from Parsons, those guys are average NBA players. Asik is an elite rebounder, but has little to offer on offense. Give me Mutumbo over Asik in those years being discussed every time. He had better offense, he was smarter, he was a better rebounder, blocker and had unbelievable elbows.

You are clearly not an attentive fan. Both teams were about equal and McHale is a good coach. JVG was a good coach.

No, he did not overreact.

[​IMG]

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's as humble as Kim kardashian

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

Guys....let it go....it's over...non-story...NOBODY CARES!!!

10. allforone

allforone Member

Hard to believe you used to a Lin supporter after reading your post.
    Put yourself into his situation and what would you have done? It's always easier to point fingers and blame when you don't have anything to lose.

Lin is an athlete with pride and ego, the $25M he got was before Houston acquired him from Knicks and those welcome arms used to push him out. We all know it's all about business, and in this case Lin's supposed to react like a good-boy son to his father?

It's confirmed Lin was not informed about the PS move, and Lin has no right to talk about it? Say your company put one name tag of different person while you are still under contract, I wonder if you would've kept the same composure

It's one minor misoperation by Houston PR , and Lin has every right to be heard, not beacause of the racial reactions he might have caused or the fact that he's being shopped. but that he's still one of the Rockets and he was treated differently.

11. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

It's overblown by people like YOU. On the one hand you say its an none issue, all the while writing articles about it. You try to make it seem like Lin's fan are up in arms about it, when in fact 90% of the response have been from haters.

I really don't care about his feeling being hurt, nor do I care much about him leaving H-Town. But what I don't really understand is why so called Rox's fan are trying to push down the trade value of their own player?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah... I think he did. Maybe I'm just the exception but I don't judge the character of a human from a tweet.

13. mingthething

mingthething Member

why hasn't anybody dug up the pre-Linsanity threads and posts to show how much hate Lin got last time round?

14. mingthething

mingthething Member

I mean, the pre-Linsanity Lin during his tenure with the Rockets. I'm sure the brickbats were out in full force during that time too. Musta been a bunch of posts then.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Here, you can check for yourself. Lin was pretty much a nobody back then, so there was hardly any vitriol.

16. mingthething

mingthething Member

Damn. That thread's locked and closed. I wish that thread could be reopened so we all could witness the karmic wheel turn.

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

This is what happens in the day of instant social interaction with millions of people. When you impulsively "tweet" your thoughts, as if it's your diary, or you're in college complaining about a professor that will never read your Facebook wall.

Yes, it was stupid to tweet about it. At first glance I thought he overreacted and he has no business thinking that the Rockets shouldn't try to pursue Melo, if available. However, his Bible reference makes me feel like his perceived "disrespect" was from Melo, not so much the Rockets. Didn't Melo make that comment about Lin's contract when he signed with Houston? Now he is coming to visit Houston in free agency and before they've traded him, Melo is wearing his jersey in cardboard cutouts.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What you say me be true, but this was definitely not an impulsive thought. There was plenty of time in between his Bible tweet and the response tweet. Beyond that, he could have just as easily deleted it and not said a word. The fact that it still exists is evidence alone that he meant what he said 100%. Dude knew exactly what he was doing.

I totally agree with this. People may perceive Harden to be Lin's enemy, but they are actually on pretty good terms. If there was anyone who was anti-Lin from day 1 it would be Melo.

Perhaps this is Lin's way of saying, no way in hell am I sticking around to play with Melo.

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

So do you think he wanted this media onslaught? I just don't see what he would gain from this, Rockets could still trade him even if his intentions were to halt any trade. Can't imagine this image made him so upset he would want to lower his trade value just to spite the Rockets. I imagine he probably has it up on his twitter feed or whatever it's called because of pride. He doesn't want to back down from how he reacted and now he created a mess. At this point, deleting it wouldn't do anything, so why bother?

The thing is, he had no choice. His salary and Asik's salary prevented us from doing so. So he had no reason to believe that he would be around to have a number issue with Melo. I'm not so sure that tweet would have happened had say LeBron wore #7 and it was a picture of him instead of Melo.

It's too bad Lin's contract is so back loaded. It would have been nice to have had Asik and Lin back. I really felt like Lin was an above average backup point guard. He has holes, yes. But he did some other things very well and fit with our run and gun offense. It's when he became less aggressive, less confident, and more hesitant, that he became a liability.

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Drop it you classless fools.

YOU guys overblown this irrelevant topic.

Both sides are not correct so just drop it.