1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Embarrassed to be a rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m0lson, Jul 4, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Morey fans have become the LOF's. They refuse to believe we've had a disappointing offseason this far. Morey must be celebrated regardless of how many setbacks we suffer

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

I disagree with the latter part of this assertion...

Frustrating to watch would be more accurate...

3. Possum

Possum Member

I haven't read a single response to this.. I'm sick of all you SA jock sniffing supposedly Rockets fans. If you like SA so much how about following the Spurs from now on? GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And when we start winning and they start falling back into irrelevancy don't come back here acting like you are a REAL ROCKETS FAN because you are not. Again.... GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

What setbacks?? We lost a backup center (he was good but replaceable given his minutes) and might lose our very replaceable backup PG. Even if we strike out on bigname FAs, this team is good/improving and the cap can be used elsewhere to improve.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Opee is somethin' else.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Classic straw man argument! You just made up your oppositions argument so you make your point.

7. Possum

Possum Member

You are a ****ing moron!!! It's people like you that make this board unreadable. When Morey improves this team and he will, you along with the thread starter can go suck a big one!!!

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

STFU..move to San Antonio

9. newAge_Rockets

I take pride in not throwing away seasons. At least those three seasons we were competitive, at least we had decent players. I can't imagine a 76ers fan that enjoyed last year, but I still enjoyed those three years of Rockets basketball. I also think Morey opened up a new way of thinking about managing a basketball roster by collecting the best assets possible on reasonable contracts or liquidating assets for draft picks (such as the Lowry trade). So yes I take pride that our management was able to compete in a brutal conference and find ways to take advantage of loop holes in the CBA (poison pill), and also the way they could see talent other teams couldn't (Asik, Parsons, Harden). The Warriors wouldn't give up Thompson for Harden, the Wizards wouldn't give up Beal for Harden, Morey was the one that saw him as an ELITE talent.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

11. timyeung

timyeung Member

Too late, they've already done that with Harden.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

By now it's obvious we all agree with you OP. Everyone is embarrassed you're a fan too.

13. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

This forum is totally ruined by the intorlence... Why can we all agree to disagree instead of senseless name calling and finger pointing? Grow up, some of you!

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ummm... the Spurs TANKED for their foundation star player in case you don't remember. Rockets have not had a 1st round pick since Yao. Hell we haven't even had a top 10 pick since then. They are also blessed with one of the top 3 coaches in NBA history. Rockets were blessed with NEITHER of those options. If you don't like where the team is headed, feel free to get off the wagon. I can promise you will NOT be missed and if we do win it all, I hope you remember what you said and continue to not be a fan. We don't need no stinking bandwagoners.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Think of your own happiness. Be a good person to yourself and each other!

17. Orange

Orange Member

If you were to repeat those words in front of me. I would probably have to kick ur ass.

18. ryebread

ryebread Member

I agree. Very frustrating. So much talent on our team but unfortunately with no guidance, i.e. coaching, they are a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off. When was the last time a team with 2 all-nba'ers got bounced in the first round?

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It must have been like AGES ago right :rolleyes:

Or was it 2013?

You are now classified as a moron. If you are going to pose a damning question, at least make sure it is damning first.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

OP was brash, yes. but i don't disagree with the point.