1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It was only a matter of time before that was gonna happen, if you dive as much as he does, you are gonna piss off your opponent to the point they are gonna legitimately to after you, Colombia definitely did that today

2. SPBR

SPBR Member

Yea. But Neymar is not even close to being the Blake Griffin of soccer.

3. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

So proud of Colombia...

To do what they did, without Falcao, on that stage is remarkable. Never in my years have I seen so many Colombia jersey's at my restaurant or around in Houston in general. The people really got behind this team and for good reason. They played very well, and moved the ball. Pekerman should get a lot of credit as well.

We actually had 2 customers crying at the end the of the game. And they weren't children. :(

P.S. - Sad to hear about Neymar as well. The world lost the chance to see James and Neymar keep playing.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Just my opinion, but watching the game, the ref seemed to favor the host nation Brazil, in not handing out yellow cards. As there were 7 Brazilian starters with yellows, who would miss the Semi-Final if they picked up another.

I think he was trying help Brazil and not be public enemy number #1, by not letting his decisions have a direct impact negatively, on the eventual outcome of Brazil's World Cup run.

He probably just wanted to let the match play itself out, with minimal influence by him onto the match. Kind of ironic how this led to Neymar getting injured. But during the course of the game, I thought Brazil got many more calls go their way.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

this has to be one of the worst officiating games I have ever seen, Colombians were flopping all over the field (specially JUAN CUADRADO), Neymar was being fouled with hard fouls throughout the game and no warnings were given to the Colombian players, How the **** in the world you knee someone in the back and not get at least yellow card...its unbelievable.

even with Neymar and Silva out I can still see Brazil beating Germany and reaching the final.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Congrats on the final Germany.

Hoping to see Argentina - Germany

7. SPBR

SPBR Member

Thiago Silva picked up a yellow card and will be out the next game. So I don't see it there.

Maybe it's my homer eyes, but I felt there were too many non calls against Brazil. This is not to take away from the game Colombia played. They played a better second half. Brazil didn't show up or fell asleep.

8. krnxsnoopy

That Thiago Silva foul definitely deserved a yellow. The ref showed incredible restraint throughout the match, and many times in Brazil's favor. Did you watch the whole match or only see the stats?

9. SPBR

SPBR Member

Watched the entire game, but once again, I acknowledge my homerism.

10. krnxsnoopy

Again, only my opinion, but as a neutral fan it seemed as though the ref was letting the players play, and the game dictate itself without much influence from him. Also, many of the harder fouls appeared to come from Brazil.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

I thought Thiago Silva got a yellow kicking the ball away?

Spanish refs give yellows for kicking the ball away from what I remembered.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He got yellow for ramming into the goalkeeper while he was kicking it from a dead ball situation.

Given the situation, that was one of the most boneheaded yellow I have ever seen. Silva was already on a yellow card and will miss the Semis of the World Cup because of his stupidity.

The idiot deserved a yellow for that and if I were his teammate I would have kicked his ass after the match.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Really? The Colombianos were going down like they'd been sniped by Medellin cartel hit men bit Neymar provoked them into kneeing him in the back and breaking it as just comeuppance?

Stupidest post in a while.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Most clueless post I have seen in a while .....

Neymar was the biggest flipper at the World Cup. He statistically spent the most time lying on the floor of anyone in Brazil. If you think that doesn't puss your opponent off you are nuts. It sucks he for hurt but he had it coming, for sure

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your club is? One month or six weeks for Neymar jr

16. conquistador#11

really? that's all? I pictured him like michael irvin with the neck device being fed caldo de rez via a straw.
    fast recovery. he is fun to watch, even if he gets creative with the theatrics.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's the first prognosis..... it could be more according to more MRIs and medical examination

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Barcelona.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I feel sorry for Neymar. We watched it and because he had been flopping so much before, we thought he was acting again. Like when he was barely touched and flipped over like 8 times while grimacing in pain. So we all feel a bit bad now, because nobody thought it could actually be anything serious. But it was a vicious foul, actually, and we don't want to win because our opponent goes down from something unsportsmanlike like that. But what can we do. I am sure that all of Brazil will come together and have a "now even more" mentality. It'll be a tough match in Belo Horizonte. Happy to be here.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Every Brazil opponent in this Cup has been headhunting Neymar.

I like how you seem to be a proponent of doing so. Class act.