1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there are no such creatures as intelligent Lin fans. It's easier discussing basketball with gold fish.

2. Razsan

Razsan Member

Asik was an important part of our second team D. Plus when Dwight got in foul trouble he was a solid fill in. The Rockets were exposed in the playoffs and MUST improve the roster. Maybe 1st round fodder is a little harsh but let's face it, 2 exits in the last 2 years without getting to a game 7 isn't what this team was supposed to do.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

D-Rock...thank you for bringing some common sense to the thread.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Charles... we gave up Horry and Cassell as they were reaching their potential... while clogging the paint up, which limited Dream's maneuverability. Plus, Drexler and Barkley argued over touches.

Mad Max... he walked out on the 2nd championship when he was asked to play a sixth man role. (The fan he punched and got suspended for 10 games deserved it).

5. lnchan

Exactly. Lin is a serviceable bench player... nothing more, nothing less. Inconsistent like no other but still...

6. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Well said. I'd be more worried about JH. If he does not put efforts on defense, we're going nowhere no matter who we add.

7. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I've been a fan for over 10 years. Love rockets and think morey's one of the best GMs in all of sports. Will follow rockets forever. Want them to get Anthony or Love, I don't care.

But I think this was a rare misstep for the rockets, I really do.

Look I get it. Go for the prize. Do whatever you need to do to improve the team. Everyone knows Lin was gone because we had to move his salary to swing for the fences. All reasonable and happens all the time in the NBA. But it's generally speculated on by media, or made clear but math and logic and hoops hype rumors etc. Very seldom will you get a team that states out loud, yeah we're gonna ditch player x so we can get better. They do it, it's understood and by act cordially about it. Do you hear Riley say yeah we're trying our damnedest to trade Mario and Norris but we can't find ways to dump them? Or the bulls saying officially that they have been trying to dump butler and dunleavy and amnesty boozer publicly? No bc it's not classy and not necessary.

Lin gets paid well so he'll be fine, and I'd be happy to make what he does and get insulted. But let's have perspective. They had him and cut him, and then begged for him back saying we're so sorry and we've got a leadership role for you. Please come back. Then they made him change his game bc harden came (reasonable) and then moved him to the bench when Dwight came (reasonable). They made him the focus of marketing and sponsorship until they didn't need to anymore. Then they spent the last year trying to trade him so the rumors made clear. He knows he was being moved. He certainly has accepted it bc it made sense for the organization. But a little sensitivity and class is appropriate given that they've done a 180. Their right and they SHOULD do that, but a little compassion doesn't ever hurt.

In this case, no stupid photoshop was ever going to sway Anthony to the rockets. We have a thousand other compelling reasons for him to come here. Although he intends to keep 7 wherever he goes, I suspect he never asked the rockets for a photoshop of himself. Rockets didn't need to do that, or if they're going to do it they should have told Lin and kept photographers from taking the picture and posting it. It's embarrassing what happened to Lin. He had 1 year left on his contract and is STILL an employee. It's like walking into your office when your are under contract and seeing the nameplate changed to someone else's (who hasn't even been hired) and yet the company hasn't actually fired you yet. Don't do it, or get his permission, or at least keep it quiet. And NO , this is not like last year with Beverley. Everyone knew Beverley was staying and getting an increased role. Having Dwight photoshopped with his number is younger player deference. Lin was being moved out by Carmelo so some sensitivity was in order. I get moving Lin out to improve the team. But a little class never hurt anyone, and the rockets lacked it in this instance. I understand why they did what they did most of the time. This time they were wrong and they embarrassed him when it was unnecessary.

3 people like this.
  8. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Finally a common sense instead of all those childish name calling. Now this settles, can we all move on to talk about how the team could be improved.

1 person likes this.
  9. lnchan

I give you props for that post. My old office was interviewing candidates when I was still on board... I thought it was for current vacant positions. Nope.

10. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Sorry to hear that.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you even remember the Barkley era?

Rockets fans were 2 games from the NBA Finals

and with Mad Max , he started Clutch City in Phoenix.

DO NOT PUT THEIR NAMES WITH LIN. THAT WILL MAKE GOD UNHAPPY CAUSE GOD LOVES CLUTCH CITY.

12. zawa

zawa Member

lol why are you so rattled doe, if lin fans are r****ded like you describe them as, why are you stooping to their level by arguing over little things like jersey number for a recruitment process? you already know lin is gonna get shipped out, just ride out and lin fans will be gone no need to make yourself seem like all your feathers are ruffled.

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

A much better article than the original article. With good senses and reasonings, instead of pretending that it is ok to disrespect your employee.

14. Sommermärchen

IF TRUE WHEN CLUTCH CITY WOULD HAVE NEVER LOST ANY FINALS SINCE 1995

WHERE IS MY CAR...EHH RING DUDE??? :eek::rolleyes:

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol... the immaturity in this thread epitomizes the worsts of clutchfans.

People bickering of stupid $%^& like a bunch of losers. Jeremy Lin's life is still 100000000x better than yours. Let that sink in for a second, Loser.

16. conquistador#11

^ what are you talking about? we haven't lost a finals in the 90s or 2000s. =)

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Good post.

The irony of how people expect "LOYALTY" from their players, when they're so quick to toss players to the side when they're done using them, like a cheap prostitute. It's a business both ways. So don't come crying when you get the short side of the stick.

1 person likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Okay, maybe Royce White was a bigger mistake, but Lin is 2nd worst now making the trade for Scottie Pippen our 3rd worst in history.

You have to read the year underneath their name then read the message. Makes it so much easier.

Jebus Z Christy, EightDoobies, you are messing up my year theory.

Do you even watch non-Lin sports? They do this all the time. I get the feeling that Jeremy hasn't ever followed a team that got a big star. Giving up a number is normal when the FA is better than you.

Lin's response is the only issue here. He somehow thinks he's doing something equivalent to being nailed to a cross by the organization. Lin is out of control. He's acting crazy and he's using the bible as his reasoning. That's cult utilization.

ME REAR TO FINALS WHERE CAR FLIP BURN CELEBRATION.
    (Translation: If you are going to write in all caps and size 7 font, please make sense. Size 7 and bold is to draw attention to a point, not to educational inadequacies.)

19. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Wake up Jeremy!

20. atwood

atwood Member

Lowry is a wise man:grin:

1 person likes this.