1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden also posts "All glory to God!" after spending time with big booty strippers. And to be honest, so would we all.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You may doubt it, but if Lin says nothing, you have nothing to doubt.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wasn't finger pointing at you specifically. In fact, when I read your first post, I thought it could be a good angle. But after thinking more and after seeing more and more people, including Clutch starting to buy into it, I realized that it's not any better than the theories Lin fans' throw out.

Could it be true? Sure. But it's not really an air-tight theory.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Matthew 6:5-6

In other words, keep it to yourself you righteous self aggrandizing self entitlement generation leader(Lin). If you are going to sling the bible at all of us non-believers at least have the decency to respect the lessons throughout the book.

Please don't add more bible quotes. This is about basketball. He should at least have enough respect for the game to admit that Carmelo is a premiere and rare talent in the NBA and take a back seat. There's plenty of room for him in the NBA now, a league he barely made it in to. Do they even make a hashtag for humble?

1 person likes this.
  6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I take significant offense to this statement

7. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I work in downtown and it seems like there are no skyscrapers. Im sure it looks nice from a distance, though.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Um... Jeremy... um... I'm gonna need you to leave your jersey in the locker room when you go home today. We have some new people coming in and, uh, we'll be needing it for someone else. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and don't forget to leave your jersey, that would be terrific, OK?"

1 person likes this.
  9. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Lin used the number for more than a year, and you compare that to how long Bev had to use his during Dwight's recruitment? Not to mention the photoshop image was in public display!

In front of the Arena! IN FRONT! Where everybody who has eyes can see!

While Lin is still under contract and still a Rockets player!

Geez. You don't treat players like that who has tried his hardest for the team, go to practice everyday and tried to get along with the rest of the Rockets players. he's not a diva too, which is rare in NBa today, and even when he was taken out of his starting position, he didnt complain, and pout on court like Asik did! :mad:

Of course jersey number matters! Why else would we resign a number for a player if it doesn't? Im not even saying Lin owns it, or is a superstar, but geez have a bit of decency even if its just for public show, and not do something as crass as this.

The fact that the negative press far outweighs the positive feedback on this propaganda clearly says who's in the wrong here.

Not until you trade Lin, for today he is still a Rockets employee for a year, so you cant just use his jersey number to court other players. Thats just so wrong in so many levels.

It would be too disgusting later on when something similar happens to Carmelo when he is pass his prime and you want to trade him for someone better. No player in this league deserves that kind of mistreatment man. Just, no one, even if you're a scrub or not.

The business aspect of basketball does not excuse any moves that undermines a player so publicly like this. We all know what this means, its not even about the number but what it implies.

Go trade Lin already, what's the ****ing hood up? The team clearly wants Melo over that draft pick so why else prolong our agony Rockets? Make the damn trade this day!

10. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Duh. Did I say it was me Morey did bad? Dude what post were you reading? But the fact that I was miffed over this issue is true. Figures that people would use the easiest thing to say, that Im a LOF, as an to excuse why I reacted to the jersey picture. Figures the rude gesture would be overlooked. Just excuses really.
    :rolleyes:

11. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

wow this thing is really getting out of hand...

1 person likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Taking a look at the situation as a whole I can't imagine any winning organization or top stars wanting to play with Lin.

Not only has he not shown the ability to adjust his game to superior players but it's also obvious he's mentally weak. He needs to be on a perennial loser so that the pressure doesn't get to him and he can put up cheap stats to appease his fragile ego and legion of delusional fans.

1 person likes this.
  13. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

After Lin is traded, we'd get back to regular programming.

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Maybe the Harlem Globetrotters would be a good option

15. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

wow... 20 pages... just read the first and 20th page,
    what is this obsession?

1 person likes this.
  16. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Do we blame Lin for venting a little bit? Or do we blame the media for spinning this non-story into some huge grandiose skit what of what the issue really is? Or do we blame the fans for buying into it and magnifying the situation even further even though the elephant in the room is clearly easy to see?

While I do agree that there was a "slight" made towards Lin, he should have seen that the writing was already on the wall for him. While that doesn't mean he isn't allowed to vent, he should have taken the higher road or waited until this blew over. Now we have people who have no idea what basketball eschewing Houston as a terrible city. **** those people. Seriously.

17. verysimplejason

Really, asking beforehand a player about giving his jersey number to another player isn't hard. One call and it's done. You don't even have to get his permission. Telling him is enough since you are his GM or ex-GM. Respect even for somebody who is already leaving the company is warranted. Right? Anyway, Morey just have to tell Lin, "Sorry, we didn't inform you beforehand." Stating everything is just business makes everything just business when it's really not. Anyway good luck with the Rockets getting Melo. It will be nice to see Melo in the Rockets uniform.

18. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Clutch is a hyprocrite, complaining its overblown yet writing an "article". Way to get some clicks and pat on the back by your homies, and get on the radio.

19. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

I thought his choice of bible quotes was a touch of metaphoric genius.

20. Razsan

Razsan Member

Wow...and you guys are accusing Lin of over-reacting...