1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Exactly!!!!

2. autoprt

autoprt Member

agreed the lin things wasn't handled properly, they figured as with most nice people they can do whatever and he'll be ok with it. that's usually what happens when people are too nice. had lin just played more consistently early on this wouldn't be an issue. understanding he got jerked around a lot but he missed a lot of timely shots, had turnovers at the worst times and was so inconsistent it was frustrating as hell to watch and i'm sure management felt the same way, especially mchale.
    at this point it's just best to cut bait and either GS or Philly would be a good chance to help him develop his game. too much division and past history now in houston. he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Jeremy Lin... Jeremy Lin...

Didn't he used to play for the Rockets? Backup PG, if I recall.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is why I think all this bending over backward coddling of superstar FAs is so disgusting. If I had a say, I would ban this kind of recruiting and ask all FOs to conduct their negotiation and recruitment in a businesslike manner. But I know they won't because it's this kind of big egos the league is selling to the public.

1 person likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

very true. i found the quote by carmelo wanting the "full free agency experience" kind of funny. Kind of like ' the full girlfriend experience' you see on callgirls websites..ummm umm not that I visit those type of places but a friend of friend of course.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Totally agree, it's all a big ego-feed. But at least the Rockets GM knows that and plays it up big.

My guess is Morey would alter the style of presentation to match the ego of the FA in question.

1 person likes this.
  7. Razsan

Razsan Member

Do you have the same disdain for your "superstar" who couldn't deliver in the playoffs?? You should...

8. papt8888

papt8888 Member

really?so if your boss wanna you to kill yourself , you still won't complain?
    I think you might not a people.because people feeling things.

9. autoprt

autoprt Member

does anyone know when the melo roadshow ends? it's like the ultimate diva show on steroids.

at this point i just want to know what the team will look like come october once asik, lin are gone, we get some finality to parsons and daniels and find out who the role players will be.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

LMAO. Talk about overreacting.

11. conquistador#11

but i'm not going to lie either, i'm entertained! the drama fills the days when there are no world cup matches.:grin:

12. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

lmao if team dont want drama how about be professional dont let these **** happen and dont lie to WOJ afterwards trying to cover up? at least dont get caught right away?

13. Nook

Nook Member

Lets see if he signs with Dallas.

14. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

This man speaks the truth...Repped

15. torocan

torocan Member

*yawn*

Who cares? Lin changed numbers when he joined the Knicks and when he joined Houston. He'll have whatever number he has with either the Rockets or with the Knicks.

If they have to put Lin's, Harden's, or Dwight's number on a jersey to get Melo, then they should do it. They can sort out the details afterwards.

1 person likes this.
  16. papt8888

papt8888 Member

ok!I take that back.but there is a rule that boss can't do,you know,I know. and everybody knows.business is business.for the super star.of course lin should go.this is for the team.but humiliate your player to get the star.what will other player thinking?just think about it.is it good for team?

17. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

Is anyone really that surprised that Jeremy is very upset? He said so many times that Chandler and Pat are like brothers to him - and to essentially get the boot from a recruiting poster without notification? Lots of reasons to feel slighted.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lakers made mock ups of Melo's No. 7 jersey per source. Unlikely Xavier Henry will be as offended as Jeremy Lin</p>&mdash; Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/statuses/484799723744661504">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Pics?

20. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol this dude. Henry is an unristricted free agent. Basically not even on the team anymore. If he wants to make a comparison, make a better one than that.