1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

yes. we agreed that i'm a LOF. can we move on?

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

You straight up did not read the article, correct? Otherwise you'd know you are factually incorrect in your statement.

3. mclawson

mclawson Member

I'm always happy. I'll happily watch for your future posts as well. I'm happy you signed up for ClutchFans a coincidental 4 months after Lin returned. I'm happy we'll all be able to move on soon and happy that many will move on to other forums. Yep, happiness abounds!

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lin has by far the worst fan base in all of sports. I actually feel bad for whatever new teams forum gets stuck with these lunatics (unless it's Utah or Dallas). Then I will laugh

5. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

the Rockets organization handled that situation with an extreme lack of professionalism, as originally pointed out by several well know twitter accounts of Rockets fans, lead to the national firestorm it is currently experiencing. aits attempt at damage control by feeding WOJ false info is laughable and amateur. i think the Rockets organization want to retain the large Asian fan-base that led to it being the 4th most profitable team in the league, it needs to fire its PR manager and hire a new one.

neither will an op-ed by clutcfans and a firestorm of hate towards Lin by clutchfans posters change the made up mind of NBA fans across the the nation. if anything, it'll add fuel to the fire and draw more LOFs to Clutchfans. sorry guys.

6. mclawson

mclawson Member

Fixed it for you. And I'll laugh as well.

7. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

yes. how many times to i have to say this. I'M A LOF AND I'M PROUD OF IT! CALLING ME A LOF IS MUSIC TO MY EARS! again, can we move on?

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Just want to point out that the only person who has called you a LOF so far is...yourself

9. mclawson

mclawson Member

Can't you just be happy like me?

10. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

since i already got that label from sympathizing with Lin, i might as well embrace it. i mean...i don't really card what random people on the internet thinks. if me admitting to this can move this "discussion" beyond people acting like 4th graders by throwing names at me to people engaging in an actual discussion, i'll happily admit i'm a LOF. SO I'M LOF! let's move on. let's talk about the Rockets (mis)handling of this situation that led to this national firestorm.

11. King901

King901 Member

A few more days and all of you lof can move on. Soon grasshopper, soon.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

National firestorm......lol!!!!

13. shastarocket

It's a disaster I tell ya!

14. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Why create such a thread.? Clutch why?

15. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

and what's funny, all this could be avoided if the Rockets organization has the professional courtesy of letting Lin know what their plans are. seeing how the organization treated another player they threw away and brought back, i wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets handling of this situation persuaded Lowry to stayed with the Raptors. their situation mirrors each other. they were both players that were thrown away and later on begged to come back by the organization.

16. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I'm now realizing that this BBS is getting the pho-trolLin treatment. If these guys were really Asian, they would speak math. If they were really Asian, they wouldn't care about the number 7, since it's all about the eight. Or they all might just be Filipino.

17. shastarocket

Funny how we "threw away" Lowry and got back a draft pick that turned into Harden

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

This media *****storm would not be half as big as it is if Lin didn't take to freaking twitter to vent about how he felt disrespected. He tweets in the middle of recruiting his team's first FA priority? Where us the professionalism in that? He couldn't wait to call Morey after the big meeting?

That's assuming that Lin, for some reason, believed he would NOT be traded at some point. Maybe he believed he would still be here even with Carmelo signing here. Why in the world would he cry about a conceptual photoshopped image of Carmelo used to RECRUIT him? They could have worked something out regarding the number after Melo signs officially. Why crap bricks about it hours before Melo arrives for a meeting?

And if Lin knew he was getting traded, then why cry a damn river about your number anyway?!

I've always felt thus way about Lin's true personality: he's got a big ego and is very sensitive. If it weren't for his religious belief and strong faith, he would be a prima donna full force. I could just tell from the way he carried himself in the Linsanity documentary. It showed again in jersey number-gate. Lin put himself ahead of the team by tweeting his problem with the Rockets.

19. King901

King901 Member

No, in their eyes harden is trash because he is better than lin.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are clueless. 48 million over 4 years persuaded Lowry.