1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

WTF did I just see?

Was that a joke

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Vince Carter and Melo on the same team, lol.

3. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

for some reason i get the sense that the bulls are not as confident about signing carmelo as they were previously reported and i think it increases out chances i hope he seriously takes a look at all his options equally and realize that houston and chicago are neck and neck (no matter how houston fans feels chi is a really good team and will be even better with melo and im a die hard rocket fan) but the uncertainty of derrick rose's injury will realize that hou will give him the absolute best chance to win immediately and for the future and doesn't have to carry an offense like he might have to do in chicago

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I know it takes all the fun out of FA, but at this point it's clear that people are just throwing stuff at the wall. Heck, I bet you even if you're Melo's best friend, you can't tell me where Melo's going. He hasn't even finished his tour yet.

Yesterday, the headlines were that Melo's definitely putting Chicago in the lead. Rose worked out, he spent the whole day, had dinner with Noah, all the good stuff.

Today, the headlines are all about Chicago no longer being confident, he does want the money, he's going back to NY. No mention of Houston of course because... Houston.

Tomorrow I bet you anything that Ramona Shelbourne aka ESPN LA "expert" will start tweeting about how Melo LOVES LA the city, loved the Lakers tradition, had a great time. And that "Don't count out the Lakers. They are very much in the running!"

The next day it will be all about how LeBron's wavering on Miami and start looking at places that LeBron/Melo can go to together. Phoenix, Houston, Clippers(gotta have the LA team in there just because), perhaps Melo stays in NY another year and LeBron will join him.

Different storylines everyday while nothing's going on. How E$PN makes money.

5. Throttle

Throttle Member

soemhow i thk he may end up in dallas

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would make about as much sense as him ending up in Milwaukee

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I wouldn't put that past him. This is the same guy that thew his Olympic bronze medal into the River and described that olympic experience as "chasing a giant penny". Now maybe hes a changed guy, but lets not put it past us that he loves NY and was his dream to be a Knick.

I think its between NY and HOU. We edge out CHI because of the uncertainty of Rose's health.

8. chandlerbang21

Melo only stayed 2hrs in Dallas l

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Clyde Drexler, part of Rockets presentation to Carmelo Anthony, said Anthony &quot;very receptive&quot; asked many questions. &quot;He just wants to win.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/484526124228440064">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Drexler: &quot;Dwight talked about the community and about playing here. If I was Carmelo, I would have been ready to sign on dotted line today.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/484526379338575872">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Sounds very familiar.

Heard the exact same thing last year.

[​IMG]

All he wants/wanted to do is win.

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Completely agree... Especially with LeBron. The story was dying down, now they come out with "he wants the max", which sounds a lot like the crap Broussard was saying last year about Dwight being 50/50.

11. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Its like clubbing baby seals! Just sign on the dotted line!

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Melo asking questions is definitely a good thing because I feel like we would have all the right answers.

13. txn

txn Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carmelo may attend the World Cup Final which is next Sunday. His deal - likely to remain with Knicks - should be done by then.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/484489081745727488">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just wonder how moving to Houston plays out for Carmelo's wife. I have had trouble imagining him really leaving NY (except for LA) because of her career.

But if it is about winning, then I can see it. He is 30 and time is ticking. The age of the rest of the roster, Harden in particular, is an added advantage with respect to being competitive over the life of the contract.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Fine if that's his choice but there is no way in hell Melo could agree that this coming season the Knicks give him a better chance to win than the Rockets, Bulls, or Mavs.

Hell the Lakers will probably have a better record. I mean seriously at least the bottom rung teams like the Bucks, Sixers, and Cavs got top lotto talent. The Knicks got nothing in the draft no cap space and traded away Chandler. They could be one of the worst teams in the league next year even with Melo.

WTF is he thinking?

16. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

NYDN. Grain of salt.

1 person likes this.
  17. bmd

bmd Member

So a Knicks guy thinks Carmelo is going to stay with the Knicks...

18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

He is staying in New York

Dallas as no chance

If he leaves ny it's Houston but he's not leaving new york

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Exactly. Pure garbage.

20. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Sources: Bulls to Amnesty Carlos Boozer