1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>At <a href="https://twitter.com/USATODAYsports">@USATODAYsports</a>: A look at latest stop on the Melo Mania tour, from Houston to Dallas in a fanfare-filled day - <a href="http://t.co/q3QL2WXINp">http://t.co/q3QL2WXINp</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/484500693449854976">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Never said it wasn't nice or that I have multimillion dollar standards. I just don't consider it Houston... I'm an inside-the-loop kinda girl and would never want to live that far out. I feel much the same way about Missouri City / Sugarland / Pearland, FWIW.

1 person likes this.
  3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Supposedly, Mavs had a more low key pitch to Melo, as opposed to going all out glitz and glamour like CHI or HOU. So thats why it may be short.

4. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

Fair point, and like I said, to each their own. I also apologize if I came off rude; that was not my intention to do so.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lin just wants to give a bad impression to Camelo about the Rockets. In this way, Lin will stay in the Rockets after Camelo rejecting.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm just guessing Melo already had his mind set on flying to LA tonight (where he has another home?) Maybe why Dallas was shorter.

7. Fullcourt

I seriously doubt Melo cut the meeting short.

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Doesn't mean anything. They probably skipped a lot of the fluff.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

He's being traded no matter what... Sounds like they're just waiting on Melo's decision.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, this thread really blewup last 24 hours.

LOL @ Lin tweeting he was disrespected by Melo's #7 jersey.

btw: I still don't want Anthony

11. newAge_Rockets

What I would give to be Daryl Morey's best friend right now...

12. HPD

HPD Member

Starbucks post oak.....u heard it from me...

13. Fullcourt

Still waiting for cyber to drop a discouraging post like he did last year with Dwight supposedly being super impressed with the Warriors.

That, or a wojbomb

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Agreed, didn't mean to imply that. Just my response to people who want to interpret that we are in the lead because we had more face time. More likely it coincided with lunch time.

Not worth reading the tea leaves on any of his visits IMHO. Everyone will say the meeting went great, etc. Just wait and see at this point...

15. ribbit

ribbit Member

An IPad.

16. ChippedToothLin

Forget the other noise, Melo - Harden - Dwight sounds freaking amazing... *fingers cross*

17. Fullcourt

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Melo meeting in Dallas, I'm told, was at house of Mavs owner Mark Cuban. About to discuss now on <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter">@SportsCenter</a></p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/484514025657872384">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Espn can keep trying to force Chicago but he's coning to houston

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

What about the year before that? I mean, pretty much the same team vs the same team, right? Did Wade and Bosh play have anything to do with it? Did Manu's play have anything to do with it the year before that?

How about you do not use one championship as an example. If you look at the overall history of the game, the teams that win championships usually are the teams with loads of talent or the best player in the league (or both).